Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I couldnt be more happier

So winning wouldn't make you happier? Ok

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:How many penalties and how many rushing yards?

Yeah, case closed.
I didnt know toughness was determined by how many rushing yards you get

and many penalties were questionable. So thats a bad argument 

Nope, nope, nope. This was no 'moral victory' at all. We allowed too many 3rd down conversions (just like last season). Bortles looked indecisive and non-composed in the pocket. I wasn't expecting a win here, but I'm not accepting the 'close but no cigar' rational that we should be happy with a 'good game'. Only wins matter.

We're 0-1.

Quote:right...if we don't win every single game for as long as Gus is HC he sux

Oh please, we need to win A game for him not to suck. He's still awful and the talent on this team is carrying him.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Did you forget to use the sarcasm font or are you really serious?

dead serious. Those blown timeouts and pointless penalties all stem from preparation.

Anyone happy is a loser

Quote:I'd respectfully disagree. I'm tried of measuring sticks, win a damn game.
That's too much like right and too much to ask. Just be happy being competitive and losing close. 

Quote:I didnt know toughness was determined by how many rushing yards you get

and many penalties were questionable. So thats a bad argument 

Whatever, tough teams run the ball. Disciplined teams don't commit stupid penalties and waste timeouts week in and week out for years.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Anyone happy is a loser

Don't confuse happy with hopeful
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

A bunch of positives to take out of the game but in the end, only wins matter now. 0-1 is what our record is and the moral victories flew out the window long ago. Let's see how they rebound next week.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2016, 04:41 PM by Sosa.)

We're 0-1. We were losers today. There is nothing to be happy about.

Packers fans are upset that they didn't win decisively.

Quote:right...if we don't win every single game for as long as Gus is HC he sux
Shocking that you miss the point.

Raiders found a way to win and they are the closest team to compare the Jags to. They played in the Super Dome which is extremely hard to do. Did we play well? Sure. Does that mean we will play well next week? No. GB is very good and maybe this is a good sign for the future but we have no way of knowing that. When you have a chance to win, you need to win. Case closed.

This team needs to win.

When they asked Blake if there is anything he feels good about today... He said no.

Quote:the dude said he couldn't be happier. Which is wrong.

This team needs a win. Today was a perfect time to pull one out. Kind of like the Raiders and Del Rio did
we need wins sure, but you cant win them all...today was a chance to win, so will next week, and 15 more weeks after that...we will be much improved and win more games...can't judge the season by one game...

Quote:So winning wouldn't make you happier? Ok

We played our best game since maybe the late 90's. Of course a win would've made me happier. But if this is the quality of play we are seeing in WEEK 1, I dont know how any of you can be so depressing.

Next week dictates the rest of season for this team.

Quote:Shocking that you miss the point.

Raiders found a way to win and they are the closest team to compare the Jags to. They played in the Super Dome which is extremely hard to do. Did we play well? Sure. Does that mean we will play well next week? No. GB is very good and maybe this is a good sign for the future but we have no way of knowing that. When you have a chance to win, you need to win. Case closed.

This team needs to win.

When they asked Blake if there is anything he feels good about today... He said no.
In a perfect world every time you have a chance to win you will...unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world 

Everyone knew the first handful of games this season was a suicide mission.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Next week dictates the rest of season for this team.
so the second game of 16 dictates the entire season? I don't think so

Quote:We played our best game since maybe the late 90's. Of course a win would've made me happier. But if this is the quality of play we are seeing in WEEK 1, I dont know how any of you can be so depressing.

Soooooo, your grammatically horrific headline was, what, a misstatement?

Quote:Next week dictates the rest of season for this team.

I think you're right. If they're angry, redouble their attention and concentration and learn from all of the stupidity that happened today they can win against SD.

If they don't they'll probably get beat down again and Gus should probably be fired during the bye week.