Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yeldon 21 rushes for 39 yards

Kinda surprised at the Yeldon disrespect here. I'm guessing some people are looking at the stat line without having watched the game? He ran VERY hard. Multiple times he used his shiftiness to make multiple defenders miss in the backfield just to get back to the LOS.

I'd put the rush #s more on the defensive scheme/Oline than on TJ. I thought the kid showed resiliency.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2016, 09:31 AM by JagsFanSince95.)

Yeldon ran well. These long developing wr run fakes and the long draws killed Yeldons ypc and a lot of the times he was met in the back field. If TJ was "average' or middle of the pack, he would have had 0 yards because the moves he had to make to even get the little he got were almost all him after the play was busted/broken down were impressive. Olsen is getting too cute, and its costing us yards/drives.

Quote:Kinda surprised at the Yeldon disrespect here. I'm guessing some people are looking at the stat line without having watched the game? He ran VERY hard. Multiple times he used his shiftiness to make multiple defenders miss in the backfield just to get back to the LOS.

I'd put the rush #s more on the defensive scheme/Oline than on TJ. I thought the kid showed resiliency.

I agree completely. I must have been at a different game yesterday because I thought TJ played pretty well considering the circumstances. He's never going to be a homerun kind of back, but he's elusive with good feet and it showed when he had room to run. There's no doubt that Ivory would have helped yesterday, but I don't think his not playing was the reason the Jags lost.

Season Ticket Holder - Sec 437

Quote:Kinda surprised at the Yeldon disrespect here. I'm guessing some people are looking at the stat line without having watched the game? He ran VERY hard. Multiple times he used his shiftiness to make multiple defenders miss in the backfield just to get back to the LOS.

Well I agree. Clearly the GB defense went into the game looking to shut our running attack down and load up the box. Only the very best running teams can overcome something like that.

I would rather have any Alabama running back over the last 10 years than Yeldon. I said it last year... he's just not good enough.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Yeldon ran well. These long developing wr run fakes and the long draws killed Yeldons ypc and a lot of the times he was met in the back field. If TJ was "average' or middle of the pack, he would have had 0 yards because the moves he had to make to even get the little he got were almost all him after the play was busted/broken down were impressive. Olsen is getting too cute, and its costing us yards/drives.

Agree. They were gashing them at the start, then they went all drawy and delay. Didn't get it. Line up and run. They were beginning to get weary with the ground game, so we decided to help them with those play selections. Ah well, 15-1 ain't bad Wink
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:I would rather have any Alabama running back over the last 10 years than Yeldon. I said it last year... he's just not good enough.

Trent?
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:I might be the only one that thought Joeckel played a heck of a game.
and you'd probably be right.... about being the only one, that is.

i'll take Richardson over Mr. 20 carries for 39 yards...

Quote:Yeldon ran well. These long developing wr run fakes and the long draws killed Yeldons ypc and a lot of the times he was met in the back field. If TJ was "average' or middle of the pack, he would have had 0 yards because the moves he had to make to even get the little he got were almost all him after the play was busted/broken down were impressive. Olsen is getting too cute, and its costing us yards/drives.

They stacked the box and dared us to pass.  He had some decent scrappy runs for 3-4 yards where there was little or nothing there.  Unfortunately there were about as many stops behind the line with no chance to do the same.

Not sure what more you could ask for from him since the plan was to have Ivory there, too.

Ivory would have dished a bit of the pounding, instead of just Yeldon taking it.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:i'll take Richardson over Mr. 20 carries for 39 yards...

Typical cane thinking right here^
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

1.9 yds per carry... he's terrible. He should be on the Browns practice squad.

Quote:1.9 yds per carry... he's terrible. He should be on the Browns practice squad.
White Rhino would have done better.