Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shad Khan donates $1M to Trump Inauguration

http://jacksonville.com/news/national/20...imes-Union

This man gets it. Love our owner.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Thrilled to see this

Meant to post this in Political. Please move mods...

Thanks!

I assume in a way it's apolitical. Probably would have donated either way.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2017, 10:44 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:This man gets it. Love our owner.

Quote:In February, Khan, the NFL’s only Muslim owner, publicly opposed Trump’s ban on travel from six predominantly Muslim countries.

Yes, he does get it.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Yes, he does get it.

I'm pretty sure he agreed with the premise of it. He just isn't dumb enough to say so publicly. I know it is probably a tough pill to swallow that the owner of your favorite team is a avid Trump supporter, but there is obviously a reason for it.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2017, 10:23 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:I'm pretty sure he agreed with the premise of it. He just isn't dumb enough to say so publicly. I know it is probably a tough pill to swallow that the owner of your favorite team is a avid Trump supporter, but there is obviously a reason for it.

Yeah, like it's obviously a bitter pill for you to swallow that while Khan supported Trump's inauguration, he disagrees with one of his policies. Otherwise, he is a liar, which would be unfortunate but it would explain why Trump would appeal to him. But unlike you, I think Khan is an honest man who has more to lose by lying than telling the truth.

If Khan is a Trump supporter, it should not come as much of a surprise. Trump's stated (we never know if he means what he says) policies would favor billionaires. If so, it wouldn't bother me. I'm not so petty that I care about his politics. I just want him to put a better product on the field.

- Bob Marley

Shad supported a Dem in JAX mayoral election. ( Brown I think it was )He greases whose palm that may serve him better. It's politics. Politicians are bought. With strings attached of course.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Shad supported a Dem in JAX mayoral election. ( Brown I think it was )He greases whose palm that may serve him better. It's politics. Politicians are bought. With strings attached of course.

Any mayor of Jacksonville will bend over backwards for Khan, so it doesn't matter which candidate he supported to be honest. The fact that he supported and supports Trump in the highest office in the world speaks volumes.

Quote:Any mayor of Jacksonville will bend over backwards for Khan, so it doesn't matter which candidate he supported to be honest. The fact that he supported and supports Trump in the highest office in the world speaks volumes.

As does his public disapproval of one of Trump's signature policies.
- Bob Marley

Quote:Any mayor of Jacksonville will bend over backwards for Khan, so it doesn't matter which candidate he supported to be honest. The fact that he supported and supports Trump in the highest office in the world speaks volumes.

Then why come out and endorse an individual,one, and donate? Speaks volumes if any mayor would bend over for him.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:As does his public disapproval of one of Trump's signature policies.

So in order to support somebody you need to support 100% of their policies?
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:So in order to support somebody you need to support 100% of their policies?

No, which was my point. Stroud seems to think it's so unlikely the only explanation is that Khan is lying.
- Bob Marley

Quote:http://jacksonville.com/news/national/20...imes-Union

So, Shad followed up his 4 year investment in Gus Bradley with a 4-year investment in Trump.

At least he's consistent.

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

Quote:http://jacksonville.com/news/national/20...imes-Union

Wonder if Khan can get that $1m back and fix our SQL Server issue.

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!