Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chris Ivory inactive

Quote:Hes had a history of injuries tbh

That has nothing to do with what happened to him today.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Appendicitis can occur pretty quickly.  

Yep.  I had one.  The pain started after 10pm.  By middle of the night I knew it was something different than any abdominal pain I'd had previously.  I was at the hospital by 11am the next day.

Huge blow

Quote:Yep.  I had one.  The pain started after 10pm.  By middle of the night I knew it was something different than any abdominal pain I'd had previously.  I was at the hospital by 11am the next day.

Wow. How long did it take to diagnose?

Quote:That has nothing to do with what happened to him today.

Go away

Quote:Wow. How long did it take to diagnose?

Well, I spent the next morning on WebMD and decided to go.  The emergency room people largely thought I was talking non-sense and treated me as if I was just dehydrated for several hours (I can only assume almost anyone coming in having self-diagnosed is wrong and they're used to ignoring them).  After the pain persisted for hours of them having me on an IV for fluids, they finally did a CT scan and then rushed me to surgery (I think they probably realized their liability if it burst after having ignored me for hours).

So self diagnosis was just a few hours.  For the hospital, they figured it out quickly once they decided to actually do the scan, but sat there for quite a few hours before that.

Quote:Yep.  I had one.  The pain started after 10pm.  By middle of the night I knew it was something different than any abdominal pain I'd had previously.  I was at the hospital by 11am the next day.

My wife just went through it in March.  She was perfectly fine all morning.  Then at 2PM she started feeling the pain.  By 5PM she was in such pain we hat to get her to the Emergency room.  They performed the surgery at 11PM that same night.  

Crazy how fast it happens.

I really hope that he's OK, and it's not something really serious.

Prolly got the clap
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

If it was appendix I think we would lose him for about a month.

Quote:If it was appendix I think we would lose him for about a month.

Probably.  Recovery for normal activities is pretty quick, but not being hit by football players.  Yeah, a month or so sounds right.

Quote:Prolly got the clap

I hear you can only get that by riding a tractor in your bathing suit

Welp, there goes our run game. The one two punch was a huge part of our offensive strategy this year, and by the 3rd Quarter it gets harder to tackle Ivory. We lose.

Quote:Probably.  Recovery for normal activities is pretty quick, but not being hit by football players.  Yeah, a month or so sounds right.

Oh yeah, 4 weeks sounds about right for an athlete of his conditioning.  You can walk around pretty much the next day.  But, it's still abdominal surgery

Quote:Oh yeah, 4 weeks sounds about right for an athlete of his conditioning.  You can walk around pretty much the next day.  But, it's still abdominal surgery

My kiddo just had this, he was still getting around a little gingerly about a week later.  He was full up back in sports within 2 weeks but not allowed to play football (hitting) until 3 weeks later.

Banyard to the rescue!

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2016, 12:36 PM by Kane.)

Also... he'll be released in a couple days, from what i just read...

I'm going with a staph infection or something...

pink eye maybe?

gastritis?

GB wasn't prepared for Myles Jack at RB. Booyah!

Quote:Also... he'll be released in a couple days, from what i just read...

I'm going with a staph infection or something...

pink eye maybe?

Yeah, really there is no telling at this point.  Could be just about anything.

Quote:I hear you can only get that by riding a tractor in your bathing suit

Or sex on a public toilet seat
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

#becausejaguars

What the piss? First game. Opening day. One of the teams upgrades, hard runner, gives Yeldon a breather. Needs him to soften the D. Inactive. Aargh.
Blakes Life Matters