Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Devin Lloyd

Devin Lloyd is a stud.

Just posted this in another thread - but after rewatching the all 22 and focusing on the back seven, he actually played a better game in coverage than our strong safety did.

He's going to be very, very good. I expect rookie mistakes, but he has the tools.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2022, 03:38 PM by Jag149. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-20-2022, 12:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 11:56 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Not sure how that was considering Hutch got credited with 3 sacks.

They were coverage sacks.  All sacks aren't rated equally.  I didn't watch the Det game though so not sure how he did the whole game.

Sorry for the dup here tried to delete it and failed
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Nice read. Thanks for posting it.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(09-20-2022, 12:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 11:56 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Not sure how that was considering Hutch got credited with 3 sacks.

They were coverage sacks.  All sacks aren't rated equally.  I didn't watch the Det game though so not sure how he did the whole game.

Lol ... did you even see Lloyd's interception?  He was standing in the middle of the field minding his own business (with no Colts players around) when the DLineman hit Ryan's arm which resulted in a wobbly pass right to Lloyd.

Hey, I know a pick is a pick but if you are going to call out Hutch's sacks as coverage sacks, you have to admit the interception was just being in the right place at the right time thanks to a sucky Matt Ryan and the near sack/deflection from our defensive lineman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkPo53AOSAA

(09-20-2022, 06:50 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 12:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: They were coverage sacks.  All sacks aren't rated equally.  I didn't watch the Det game though so not sure how he did the whole game.

Lol ... did you even see Lloyd's interception?  He was standing in the middle of the field minding his own business (with no Colts players around) when the DLineman hit Ryan's arm which resulted in a wobbly pass right to Lloyd.

Hey, I know a pick is a pick but if you are going to call out Hutch's sacks as coverage sacks, you have to admit the interception was just being in the right place at the right time thanks to a sucky Matt Ryan and the near sack/deflection from our defensive lineman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkPo53AOSAA

Yeah I seen it, I was at the game lol.  Lloyd was great in coverage all day and was great against the run.  He had a great game

Lloyd got a 87 grade from PFF. It has been ages since a Jaguar player ranked that high. I like this part as well..... https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rookies-15-...eek-2-2022

1. LB Devin Lloyd, Jacksonville Jaguars (87.1)

From the backfields to the flats to downfield, Lloyd was everywhere for the Jaguars' defense on Sunday. He fueled the kind of defensive performance that we haven’t seen from Jacksonville in a while. Lloyd allowed only three catches on five targets for 18 yards with a pick and two pass breakups.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2022, 07:05 AM by NH3. Edited 2 times in total.)

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/15722...JT0-IBFCuA

DL33 leads ALL Rookies w/17 total tackles as well. This Young man is destined to be Very Good for our D.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(09-20-2022, 03:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 02:11 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Well, really care less what the "other" guy does. All I know is we seem to have drafted a scary  baaaad man in Travon that has an impact all over the field....Josh Allen just may have the partner he needs.

Lloyd is a bad man as well.   He missed most of training camp, all of Preseason and leads all rookies in tackles, was really good in coverage, and also got a Int.

He played like 25 snaps (most of the 1st half) in the 4th preseason game, granted it was against bums though.

The game looked a little fast for him at times in week 1 (which was to be expected), but it certainly looked like the game was starting to slow down for him in week 2.

Do yourself a favor and avoid #33. Be advised

I can’t wait to see Lloyd vs Henry.

(09-20-2022, 03:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Devin Lloyd is a stud.

Just posted this in another thread - but after rewatching the all 22 and focusing on the back seven, he actually played a better game in coverage than our strong safety did.

He's going to be very, very good. I expect rookie mistakes, but he has the tools.

This was my reaction last week, and he just blew me away today.

Unbelievable. 

This kid was 100% worth the trade up and quite a lot more IMO.

(09-25-2022, 08:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 03:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Devin Lloyd is a stud.

This was my reaction last week, and he just blew me away today.

Unbelievable. 

This kid was 100% worth the trade up and quite a lot more IMO.

Couldnt agree more he's been awesome. Cannot believe he lasted until the pick we got him.

Grown [BLEEP] man

(09-22-2022, 06:50 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I can’t wait to see Lloyd vs Henry.

I can't wait for Lloyd vs Hurts

Absolute DAWG
https://twitter.com/NFLRookieWatxh/statu...1002601472

Tied for 2nd (7 guys total Lloyd included) in INTs with 2.
Tied for 21st (11 total) in Tackles with 24.
https://twitter.com/jpshadrick/status/15...7456050177
https://twitter.com/NFLRookieWatxh/statu...0847531008

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2022, 07:42 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 3 times in total.)

I wonder if Upper still wish we had taken Sky Moore and Zach Tom over Lloyd? He brought it up again right before the season saying trading up for Lloyd was a mistake. He tried to call me out on it because I told him I felt it was the right move.

(09-27-2022, 07:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wonder if Upper still wish we had taken Sky Moore and Zach Tom over Lloyd?  He brought it up again right before the season saying trading up for Lloyd was a mistake.  He tried to call me out on it because I told him I felt it was the right move.

stay classy.

(09-27-2022, 09:15 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-27-2022, 07:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wonder if Upper still wish we had taken Sky Moore and Zach Tom over Lloyd?  He brought it up again right before the season saying trading up for Lloyd was a mistake.  He tried to call me out on it because I told him I felt it was the right move.

stay classy.

Walker and Lloyd are going to steal votes from each other and one or both of them will get screwed out of the award.  Hell, if history is judge, they'll get screwed in any case.