Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Democrats continue to want to violate the Constitution, threaten the 2nd amendment

(06-02-2022, 12:31 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 11:56 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Where does it end and what's next? First, they take your big scary high powered 22LR lolol.. Then what? I guess they go after the next weapon that some mentally ill person got a hold of? Yeah, blame the gun, not the shooter lololol

Stupid people..

This hyperbole is not helpful.
The Uvalde shooter used 5.56x45 rounds.  
These have 10 times the power of a 22LR.
Personally I think you should need a license to hunt deer or something like that before you can buy such powerful ammo.  If you want to try it at the shooting range that's fine but if you want to take it off property you should need a license.  But no one else is talking about that.
And certainly no one is talking about taking away a squirrel hunting rifle like the 22LR.

Which is why I said a high powered 22LR.. 

Please read my content before rebuttal..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-02-2022, 04:29 AM)The Drifter Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 03:58 AM)captivating Wrote: What a load of horse [BLEEP].  If you were that concerned about your family, you'd have them wear a crash helmet when you drive as you have a higher chance of being involved in a car crash than being threatened by a psychotic killers.

Just tell the truth, you love guns.

I'm going to say this once, and only once..... I'm not giving up my Constitutional right to bear arms to you, or anyone else...... If you don't like guns, the solution is simple, DON'T OWN ONE! But I'm not just going to sit here and let you tell me that I can't own as many firearms as I desire.......Guns are just a very useful tool, not only can you use them for personal protection against any and all threats but...... Mine also put food on the table and in my freezer, just like my fishing rods do. And one more thing, if you and your liberal friends come near me and try to disarm me, well...... you better bring your guns because...... You'll only get mine from MY COLD DEAD HANDS! But watch out, the barrels may be a tad bit on the warm side so wear gloves......

Your angry post makes a better case for reasonable gun control laws than anything that advocates for such laws could ever say.

(06-02-2022, 01:01 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 12:31 PM)mikesez Wrote: This hyperbole is not helpful.
The Uvalde shooter used 5.56x45 rounds.  
These have 10 times the power of a 22LR.
Personally I think you should need a license to hunt deer or something like that before you can buy such powerful ammo.  If you want to try it at the shooting range that's fine but if you want to take it off property you should need a license.  But no one else is talking about that.
And certainly no one is talking about taking away a squirrel hunting rifle like the 22LR.

Which is why I said a high powered 22LR.. 

How many joules does that have? The 5.56x45 has 1,700-1,900 joules.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-02-2022, 01:24 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 01:01 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Which is why I said a high powered 22LR.. 

How many joules does that have? The 5.56x45 has 1,700-1,900 joules.

I don't care. Instead of trying to drown out everyone with your psycho-babble, why not answer my original question of "what's next?" after they take away our AR-15s? Seriously.. What do these loser bleeding heart jackasses go after next? 

You give them an inch, they take a mile.. They.. Get.. Nothing!!

(06-02-2022, 02:42 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 01:24 PM)mikesez Wrote: How many joules does that have? The 5.56x45 has 1,700-1,900 joules.

I don't care. Instead of trying to drown out everyone with your psycho-babble, why not answer my original question of "what's next?" after they take away our AR-15s? Seriously.. What do these loser bleeding heart jackasses go after next? 

And I'm trying to explain to you that the 22LR is one of the lowest energy rounds there is and it would be one of the last ones that anyone would take away.  
You said it would be first.
You don't understand guns or ammo, it seems.

(06-02-2022, 01:12 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 04:29 AM)The Drifter Wrote: I'm going to say this once, and only once..... I'm not giving up my Constitutional right to bear arms to you, or anyone else...... If you don't like guns, the solution is simple, DON'T OWN ONE! But I'm not just going to sit here and let you tell me that I can't own as many firearms as I desire.......Guns are just a very useful tool, not only can you use them for personal protection against any and all threats but...... Mine also put food on the table and in my freezer, just like my fishing rods do. And one more thing, if you and your liberal friends come near me and try to disarm me, well...... you better bring your guns because...... You'll only get mine from MY COLD DEAD HANDS! But watch out, the barrels may be a tad bit on the warm side so wear gloves......

Your angry post makes a better case for reasonable gun control laws than anything that advocates for such laws could ever say.

Threatening to shoot a federal employee has to be a red flag.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(06-02-2022, 03:48 PM)captivating Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 01:12 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Your angry post makes a better case for reasonable gun control laws than anything that advocates for such laws could ever say.

Threatening to shoot a federal employee has to be a red flag.

You think so?

(06-02-2022, 11:56 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Where does it end and what's next? First, they take your big scary high powered 22LR lolol.. Then what? I guess they go after the next weapon that some mentally ill person got a hold of? Yeah, blame the gun, not the shooter lololol

Stupid people..

No, stupid people are the ones who want nothing done and hope things will change.  

Or does that make then insane?  Another red flag I guess.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2022, 04:28 PM by WingerDinger.)

(06-02-2022, 03:23 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 02:42 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I don't care. Instead of trying to drown out everyone with your psycho-babble, why not answer my original question of "what's next?" after they take away our AR-15s? Seriously.. What do these loser bleeding heart jackasses go after next? 

And I'm trying to explain to you that the 22LR is one of the lowest energy rounds there is and it would be one of the last ones that anyone would take away.  

::: ...:.::.. :..:.... :::::...:::::...::::..:.:.:.:.:::

(06-02-2022, 04:17 PM)captivating Wrote:

Stupid people..

No, stupid people are the ones who want nothing done and hope things will change.  

Let's see if Tweedle Dum can answer for Tweedle Dee..

What's after the AR-15? What's next?

Don't make me ask you in braille like I did to your brother..

(06-02-2022, 04:25 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 03:23 PM)mikesez Wrote: And I'm trying to explain to you that the 22LR is one of the lowest energy rounds there is and it would be one of the last ones that anyone would take away.  

::: ...:.::.. :..:.... :::::...:::::...::::..:.:.:.:.:::

(06-02-2022, 04:17 PM)captivating Wrote: No, stupid people are the ones who want nothing done and hope things will change.  

AR-15s are frequently rechambered to take lower energy rounds such as the 9mm because the rounds cost less.
In a world where you need a special license for high energy ammo but no special license for a gun, what happens is many people will rechamber their weapons this way.

(06-02-2022, 04:38 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 04:25 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: ::: ...:.::.. :..:.... :::::...:::::...::::..:.:.:.:.:::

AR-15s are frequently rechambered to take lower energy rounds such as the 9mm because the rounds cost less.
In a world where you need a special license for high energy ammo but no special license for a gun, what happens is many people will rechamber their weapons this way.

Does anyone here speak [BLEEP] Klingon?

If you do, can you ask this guy, what's the next weapon to be banned after the AR-15?

(06-02-2022, 04:17 PM)captivating Wrote: No, stupid people are the ones who want nothing done and hope things will change.  

Typical response by the gun advocates.  You jump to unreasonable conclusions that everything will be taken away.  

Why not see what changes happen with AR-15 style semi auto's out of circulation before making more changes. You know, like a reasonable person.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2022, 04:47 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-02-2022, 04:44 PM)captivating Wrote:

Typical response by the gun advocates.  You jump to unreasonable conclusions that everything will be taken away.  

Why not see what changes happen with AR-15 style semi auto's out of circulation before making more changes. You know, like a reasonable person.

Reasonable, as in taking away guns that were legally purchased and obtained? 

Right lolol

"Reasonable" lololololololol

(06-02-2022, 04:46 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 04:44 PM)captivating Wrote: Typical response by the gun advocates.  You jump to unreasonable conclusions that everything will be taken away.  

Reasonable, as in taking away guns that were legally purchased and obtained? 

Right lolol

Yes, reasonable, i.e., not extreme or excessive.  Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it unreasonable.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(06-02-2022, 04:43 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 04:38 PM)mikesez Wrote: AR-15s are frequently rechambered to take lower energy rounds such as the 9mm because the rounds cost less.

Does anyone here speak [BLEEP] Klingon?

If you do, can you ask this guy, what's the next weapon to be banned after the AR-15?

The AR 15 will not be banned in our lifetimes.  There are too many of them out there, owned by too many different people.  New sales might be restricted to 21 and up, but they will not be banned.

(06-02-2022, 05:03 PM)captivating Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 04:46 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Reasonable, as in taking away guns that were legally purchased and obtained? 

Right lolol

Yes, reasonable, i.e., not extreme or excessive.  Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it unreasonable.

Just because you don't like the AR-15, doesn't make it unreasonable to own one.

(06-02-2022, 05:05 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 04:43 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Does anyone here speak [BLEEP] Klingon?

The AR 15 will not be banned in our lifetimes.  There are too many of them out there, owned by too many different people.  New sales might be restricted to 21 and up, but they will not be banned.

I feel like I'm in the movie Pulp Fiction with you..

"What, does Marcellus Wallace, look like?"

You: "What?"

"What country you from? Do they speak English in What?"

I can see why people get so frustrated with you. All you do is dance around questions..

(06-02-2022, 04:44 PM)captivating Wrote:

How can you take this line of reasoning? Canada is moving to ban the sale of handguns after this incident. What's your argument for that? "It's a different country... they don't have the 2nd amendment." You guys just refuse to see the end game here.

Wallbash
There needs to be a "beating a dead horse" type emoji. That's all that is happening here. Logic doesn't seem to exist anymore, just feelings. 

Sad times we live in when one has to defend their second amendment right to bear arms to.... defend themselves.

(06-02-2022, 05:45 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 04:44 PM)captivating Wrote: Typical response by the gun advocates.  You jump to unreasonable conclusions that everything will be taken away.  

How can you take this line of reasoning? Canada is moving to ban the sale of handguns after this incident. What's your argument for that? "It's a different country... they don't have the 2nd amendment." You guys just refuse to see the end game here.

Therein lies the problem. This so called end game / conspiracy theory that all of this about Government Control.  Somehow, you think the same bumbling, ineffective and inefficient Government that can't deliver on simple policy or reform can somehow concoct and execute an elaborate plan for people control.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1