Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Democrats continue to want to violate the Constitution, threaten the 2nd amendment

(05-28-2022, 09:16 PM)captivating Wrote:
(05-28-2022, 08:18 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Like FSG said, my business is none of yours. You can't punish people for crimes they haven't committed. Saying they shouldn't have a gun because they might go nuts is asinine. That's like saying people shouldn't own cars because they might cause an accident. Or light a match because they might burn their neighborhood down.

The people responsible for those kids deaths (other than the guy who shot them)are everyone from his deadbeat parents and grandparents to the deadbeat cops and right on up to the people who sold him the guns, ignoring the warning signs.

People should have guns. The question is what sort of guns do they need, not what sort of gun do they want.  Just like we have restrictions on the types of cars you can drive on the road. I can't say my business is none of yours and then go cruising down the highway in a NASCAR or an Indy Car.

There's no specific restrictions on government related to regulating cars in the Constitution. I oppose government regulating cars since it's just another form of stealing money from the People, but no prohibition exists. You don't get to say that about guns since the plain reading cleary tells you to butt out.

(05-28-2022, 08:53 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-28-2022, 08:18 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Like FSG said, my business is none of yours. You can't punish people for crimes they haven't committed. Saying they shouldn't have a gun because they might go nuts is asinine. That's like saying people shouldn't own cars because they might cause an accident. Or light a match because they might burn their neighborhood down.

The people responsible for those kids deaths (other than the guy who shot them)are everyone from his deadbeat parents and grandparents to the deadbeat cops and right on up to the people who sold him the guns, ignoring the warning signs.

I don't hear anyone calling for an Australia style confiscation of all privately owned rifles. That would be a punishment.  I don't think anyone's calling for punishment.
I do hear people calling for a more thorough background check or perhaps a license for future gun purchases.  Not sure if that would do any good.  Orlando shooter passed all background checks that could ever be conceived, and had a license to transport prisoners.  Seems like a lot of paperwork and bureaucracy for not much result.
I also hear people calling for limits on magazine length.  That wouldn't do any good at all.  The Buffalo shooting proves that.  
Others are calling for every state to adopt 21 as the minimum age to own a gun and for red flag laws.  Both of those make a lot of sense to me.  Don't make every owner do paperwork.  Only bring in legal paperwork when a problem is perceived or a threat is made.  The minimum age is admittedly arbitrary, and admittedly some mass shooters were over 21, but it's also so simple to enforce that it makes a lot of sense.
I believe in letting high school and college kids get involved with gun clubs and shooting sports.  But they can leave the weapons there until they're 21.

So basically create more laws that do nothing, take some people's right entirely, and take more money from the rest of the people so they can buy their rights back from the government. No thanks.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 05-26-2022, 02:42 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by Bchbunnie4 - 05-26-2022, 02:49 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by mikesez - 05-26-2022, 03:03 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by WingerDinger - 05-26-2022, 06:14 PM
RE: Democrats continue to want to violate the Constitution, threaten the 2nd amendment - by flsprtsgod - 05-28-2022, 10:59 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 05-30-2022, 09:55 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by Caldrac - 05-30-2022, 10:05 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 05-31-2022, 09:00 AM