Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Democrats continue to want to violate the Constitution, threaten the 2nd amendment

(05-30-2022, 03:08 PM)mikesez Wrote: I really disagree with blaming medication.  Troubled kids tend to get medicated.  Untroubled kids tend to not get medicated.  It's a correlation that troubled kids who kill other kids are medicated.  It's not a cause. There are medications that make certain problems worse for certain people, but if the psychiatrist is regularly checking in, those people are taken off those medications quickly.
I'd be more interested to know if these shooters had adequate access to psychiatrists or if they had ever been encouraged to see one.  I know the Batman premiere shooter was seeing a psych, but I think most of the others were not.  From what I can tell the others were treated at one time but no longer being treated when the incident occured.

Bro, I went on benzos for a year because I had vertigo and the doctor thought it'd help me deal with it. I am still dealing with the fallout from that drug, but, more importantly, it made me totally ambivalent. I couldn't imagine being on that drug at 19 or 20. I was SO angry back then. It's a terrible idea to be medicating teenagers with something so powerful when their hormones are already out of control. It's not a coincidence that almost every single school shooter has been on some type of behavioral medication.

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 05-26-2022, 02:42 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by Bchbunnie4 - 05-26-2022, 02:49 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by mikesez - 05-26-2022, 03:03 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by WingerDinger - 05-26-2022, 06:14 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 05-30-2022, 09:55 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by Caldrac - 05-30-2022, 10:05 AM
RE: Democrats continue to want to violate the Constitution, threaten the 2nd amendment - by Lucky2Last - 05-30-2022, 03:40 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 05-31-2022, 09:00 AM