Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Does the Human Race Deserve to Survive?

(06-12-2022, 05:48 PM)captivating Wrote: Here is some great reading material on what needs to be done to fix the problems.

https://www.weforum.org/great-reset/

Seriously? 

You stay in your lane/country and I'll stay in mine.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-12-2022, 08:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: There is so much evil and stupidity in the world right now.  I'm really on the fence about whether the survival of the human race would be a good thing or not, or whether I should even care.  I'm not saying we should cause ourselves to go extinct.  I'm just starting to wonder if I should care any more.  Maybe we deserve it.  We lie, cheat, steal, and trash the planet.  We rape, we murder, we slaughter each other in wars.  We fight for money, and land, and power.  We slaughter each other over meaningless things like whose religion is the best.  We are nothing but destructive parasites, stuck on a tiny prison planet.  

If an alien life form showed up from outer space and evaluated the situation, I wonder if they would see any redeeming value in us at all.

That's our race in a nutshell. It's been that way for thousands of years. Eventually we'll be erased, again, just like the old texts say around the world. You know, the whole great flood and all. 

I think that's why people in high places are pressing hard for escapes and exit routes from our planet. As well as advancing artificial intelligence. It's an interesting duality for sure. 

As the information age advanced and technology got more convenient and better across the board, we actually have failed in being better as a species overall to one another. 

We're all born into this world on borrowed time anyway. Just do the best you can, live the best you can and enjoy the ride. I can't worry about what happens to our race or this planet. I won't live long enough to see it. And, if there's an option to live long enough to see it? No thanks.

I can't imagine being in a race with no finish line. People are so afraid of death. Why? It's inevitable. Accept it. Embrace it. Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Marty, you need better sources of information. Things are getting worse for the first time in a while, but they have been getting better for years before that.

The great Jim Morrison said it himself. No one here gets out alive. He died in a bathtub from an overdose IIRC.

I've never been afraid of death and feel the same as Caldrac. I have no desire to live forever. I can't imagine doing this without an end in sight. We weren't built to last as individuals or as a species. Look at the dinosaurs, the mammoth, and other species that are extinct. We are just as fragile.