Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Are you back in yet?

(06-30-2022, 12:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/noahxthomas/status/1...puro2vdaow

Think I’m getting sucked back in again….

10 out of 10, my goosebumps have goosebumps after watching that.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That was [BLEEP] awesome.

Am I back in yet? I tried to leave. I tried a couple of times in the last few years. It never lasted more than a day, because, basically, I cannot leave. I just can't do it. It doesn't matter if we're losing 40-0, and we're 1-9, I have to watch every single minute of every single game. I think I've done that for 27 years now. It's kind of ridiculous when you think about it.

(07-02-2022, 05:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Am I back in yet?  I tried to leave.  I tried a couple of times in the last few years.  It never lasted more than a day, because, basically, I cannot leave.  I just can't do it.  It doesn't matter if we're losing 40-0, and we're 1-9, I have to watch every single minute of every single game.  I think I've done that for 27 years now.  It's kind of ridiculous when you think about it.

None of us have left.  The question was more about "are you excited for the season?"  It's definitely been harder for me to get excited each year, and this year is no different in spite of the fact that we seem to have real hope for a turn around now...  I thought the same thing last year.

I'm sure I'll be ridiculously hopeful soon enough as always Smile

(07-02-2022, 03:18 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(07-02-2022, 05:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Am I back in yet?  I tried to leave.  I tried a couple of times in the last few years.  It never lasted more than a day, because, basically, I cannot leave.  I just can't do it.  It doesn't matter if we're losing 40-0, and we're 1-9, I have to watch every single minute of every single game.  I think I've done that for 27 years now.  It's kind of ridiculous when you think about it.

None of us have left.  The question was more about "are you excited for the season?"  It's definitely been harder for me to get excited each year, and this year is no different in spite of the fact that we seem to have real hope for a turn around now...  I thought the same thing last year.

I'm sure I'll be ridiculously hopeful soon enough as always Smile
Lol I didn’t realize it was a hard question to grasp but thanks for clarifying for some people.

And I’m usually with you. I’m usually very pessimistic about the season (and usually proven right) but for whatever reason, this season feels different.

I tried to leave as well when Meyer was hired.  Quit the board for a while, then came back but not to talk football, said I wouldn't watch any of the games, ended up watching most of them.  And that was with the worst head coach in modern NFL history.  Yeah.  I'll never quit.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

The TV show tie in is appropriate given that if the Jags actually start winning it will indeed seem like one of the Stranger Things we've ever witnessed. Although #becauseJaguars, they'll probably end up getting a cease and desist letter from Netflix's lawyers, lol.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

DTWD
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2022, 01:41 PM by TheLeadCommander. Edited 1 time in total.)

Jag fans don't be discouraged after this seasons week 1 loss....Keep the Faith..

(07-03-2022, 08:49 AM)TheLeadCommander Wrote: Jag fans don't be discouraged after this seasons week 1 lose..Keep the Faith..

"lose" is a verb

"loss" is a noun

work it out

keep the faith

(07-03-2022, 08:49 AM)TheLeadCommander Wrote: Jag fans don't be discouraged after this seasons week 1 loss....Keep the Faith..

How sad to spend the off-season snarking the League's worst team.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-03-2022, 08:49 AM)TheLeadCommander Wrote: Jag fans don't be discouraged after this seasons week 1 loss....Keep the Faith..

Who do you think we are? We are the same fans that tried to find hope after getting our first win post bye-week with Gus Bradley, 1-8 hoping for a miracle playoff berth. 

pfft.

(07-04-2022, 10:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

How sad to spend the off-season snarking the League's worst team.

Shame on me...Go Commmanders

(07-04-2022, 04:19 PM)TheLeadCommander Wrote:
(07-04-2022, 10:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: How sad to spend the off-season snarking the League's worst team.

Shame on me...Go Commmanders

Just curious... What grade are you in?

I was riding down interstate 95 when they were the “undefeated jaguars”, I watched Desmond Howard take it to the house in the hall of fame game in 1995. I watched Randy Jordan take a swing pass to the house against Cincy. Watched Andersen miss a chip shot. Watched Jimmy fade to Glory. Watched the sprinklers come on against Dan Marino, when Fred went for 90 yards. Watched Garrard make 4th and 2

And so on…

I never left baby

I'll reserve judgement until we're into the season. Last year I was not excited and did not trust UM but the hype got to me and I drank the teal koolaid. When it hit the fan in such spectacular fashion I just shut down. Still watched the games, still wore my Jags swag, but I was done for the season. I'm still around but I'm not hoping for anything beyond a season that has to be better than last season.

(07-04-2022, 08:32 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(07-04-2022, 04:19 PM)TheLeadCommander Wrote: Shame on me...Go Commmanders

Just curious... What grade are you in?

14th....Go Commmanders

Beat the Commies!

(07-03-2022, 09:34 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-03-2022, 08:49 AM)TheLeadCommander Wrote: Jag fans don't be discouraged after this seasons week 1 lose..Keep the Faith..

"lose" is a verb

"loss" is a noun

work it out

keep the faith

A Washington fan.
So you gotta grade on that scale. The Dan Snyder is my owner scale. The Commanders is a terrible name but I like it scale.

(07-04-2022, 04:19 PM)TheLeadCommander Wrote: Shame on me...Go Commmanders

If that one line doesn't sum up the entirety of the Redacteds fanbase, I dunno what does.