Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Got em!

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2022, 08:08 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I looked for a gif for this thread, but all the ones I saw were inappropriate.  I keep thinking of “The Devils Rejects” when reading this.  And your plans with the chickens.  I hope you don’t have any Rhode  Island Reds.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-16-2022, 08:03 PM)Jags Wrote: I looked for a gif for this thread, but all the ones I saw were inappropriate.  I keep thinking of “The Devils Rejects” when reading this.  And your plans with the chickens.  I hope you don’t have any Rhode  Island Reds.

I have Rhodes island reds, buff Orpington, Americans, red sex links, and easter eggers for layers

I raise 50-100 rangers or Cornish crosses for meat at a time.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(07-16-2022, 10:25 AM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-14-2022, 09:39 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Sunday we are processing our 100 meat chickens, they're in a fully enclosed car port I converted into a 2nd coop since I only raise them about 16 weeks before processing. However my egg laying chickens free range during the day in a 24x24 open air pen and then sleep i a raised 12x12 I built a few years ago. 

I've had a predator killing my free range chicken for the last three days. Finally trapped the damn racoon tonight, I'll usher him off to the great garbage pill in the sky in the morning but damn I really hate this critter. He killed 12 of my girls in three days hope he suffers tonight.

I didn't realize that raccoons would kill chickens.  I would have maybe thought either a bobcat or a coyote would be getting to them.  My dog ran off a bobcat that was in our back yard about a month ago and just the last couple of weeks I have seen a couple of coyotes near the house.  I took a shot at one of them about a week ago.

Get a road runner, they'll outsmart the coyote every time.