Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's talk about- Sport Edition

Bobby Knight passed away yesterday. He was a mean old bastard, but I liked him. 

Caution: mean dirty words. It’s Bobby Knight, of course it’s harsh language. 

https://youtu.be/Chdg7wEGfYw?si=gc1LGuuHyURCKoeS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2023, 11:11 AM by The Real Marty.)

(11-02-2023, 07:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Bobby Knight passed away yesterday. He was a mean old bastard, but I liked him. 

Caution: mean dirty words. It’s Bobby Knight, of course it’s harsh language. 

https://youtu.be/Chdg7wEGfYw?si=gc1LGuuHyURCKoeS

Bobby Knight used to do a half hour local show where he got golf instruction.  Here is an article about it.  

Away From Basketball, Bob Knight Starred in an Unforgettable Indiana Golf Instruction Show - Sports Illustrated Golf: News, Scores, Equipment, Instruction, Travel, Courses

And here are some out-takes.  Warning: steadily increasing profanity.  We've all been there.  

Golf Lesson with Bobby Knight - YouTube

I am mad as hell. Like, ready to go Full Metal Jacket on someone. Warner Brothers Discovery has shut down GCN+ which was the app where you could watch almost every road cycling race there is on the calendar as well as cyclocross, some track races and MTB. Effective 19 December. WBD wants to supposedly provide more streaming on fewer platforms which is great if you live in Europe and the UK. Here in the U.S. it gives us only five races on the road racing calendar broadcast on Peacock. Five races out of possibly hundred. I don't know how many are on the calendar but it's A LOT.

Most countries outside Europe and the UK are screwed unless WBD has mercy on us and partners with someone for broadcasting. Here in the US it should be simple and add it all to Discovery+ US but that might not happen. Probably won't. I'm so pissed off.

How to trigger a career change. 

On Thursday, NFL broadcaster Charissa Thompson said that she used to fabricate statements from coaches when she worked as a sideline reporter. She now works as a host for Fox Sports and Amazon Prime Video.

"I would make up the report sometimes because, A, the coach wouldn’t come out at halftime or it was too late," she said on the "Pardon My Take" podcast, "and I was like, I didn’t want to screw up the report, so I was like, "I’m just gonna make this up.'"...

(11-17-2023, 09:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: How to trigger a career change. 

On Thursday, NFL broadcaster Charissa Thompson said that she used to fabricate statements from coaches when she worked as a sideline reporter. She now works as a host for Fox Sports and Amazon Prime Video.

"I would make up the report sometimes because, A, the coach wouldn’t come out at halftime or it was too late," she said on the "Pardon My Take" podcast, "and I was like, I didn’t want to screw up the report, so I was like, "I’m just gonna make this up.'"...

And no one calling her out for wrong info shows just how much they thought of her and her reports. As a woman I don't know how to feel about this.

(11-18-2023, 04:37 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

And no one calling her out for wrong info shows just how much they thought of her and her reports. As a woman I don't know how to feel about this.

That's a good point. I didn't think about that. 

Being a woman should make no difference how you think about her. She's a cad, and a self-defeating one at that.

Why did they feel compelled to ruin the Snickers 'Who are the chefs?' commercial? 

You, generation what-ever-you-call-yourselves, think up your own stuff.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2023, 10:32 AM by Mikey.)

The use of "broadcaster" vs. "journalist" or "reporter" is very significant in that statement.

As a journalist, I am pretty confident Vic would have had some choice words for her disclosure. That's a serious ethical breach.

Might be why she's in studio now and not on the sidelines. If she had a history or attributing statements to your mouth that you did not utter, would you ever respond to her questions?

(11-18-2023, 04:37 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Might have been more professional courtesy - criticize behind closed doors and not in the public. Don't want to call the ethical reporters into undue scrutiny. Might have also been that her banter was so vague or general that nothing shocking was ever aired to call her statements into question.

(11-16-2023, 04:02 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I am mad as hell. Like, ready to go Full Metal Jacket on someone. Warner Brothers Discovery has shut down GCN+ which was the app where you could watch almost every road cycling race there is on the calendar as well as cyclocross, some track races and MTB. Effective 19 December. WBD wants to supposedly provide more streaming on fewer platforms which is great if you live in Europe and the UK. Here in the U.S. it gives us only five races on the road racing calendar broadcast on Peacock. Five races out of possibly hundred. I don't know how many are on the calendar but it's A LOT.

Most countries outside Europe and the UK are screwed unless WBD has mercy on us and partners with someone for broadcasting. Here in the US it should be simple and add it all to Discovery+ US but that might not happen. Probably won't. I'm so pissed off.

I'd start searching out streams on the tubes, I imagine someone will have a feed up.

Ryan Leaf appearing on GMFB. I'm glad to see he's recovered. I hope he keeps it up.

Jon Gruden may be a big problem for the NFL. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/eVQA7JnPZtk?s...OZas4rdftY

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2023, 04:34 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-22-2023, 02:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Jon Gruden may be a big problem

"Gruden will not settle, he will burn the house down first". LOL, somewhere, David Bryne is smiling.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-22-2023, 04:26 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-22-2023, 02:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Jon Gruden may be a big problem

"Gruden will not settle, he will burn the house down first".  LOL, somewhere, David Bryne is smiling.

A Talking Heads reference is always good for an upvote.

This is a weird time of year when football season is winding down and road cycling season is starting up so I have a bike race and football games to watch today and tomorrow.

Completely different sports that I enjoy watching but not necessarily in the same weekend. It snaps the brain. Lol. It's hella frigid outside though so watching them both is gonna have to work.

First world problems.

With the news of the sale and now the Corbin Burnes trade, this is the best offseason week in Orioles history!

Women’s college gymnastics. That’s all I’m going to say.

(02-03-2024, 08:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Women’s college gymnastics. That’s all I’m going to say.

At least they're legal age.

(02-03-2024, 09:59 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-03-2024, 08:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Women’s college gymnastics. That’s all I’m going to say.

At least they're legal age.

What are you implying? I was speaking strictly in terms of athletic abilities. 

The nerve...

(02-03-2024, 11:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-03-2024, 09:59 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: At least they're legal age.

What are you implying? I was speaking strictly in terms of athletic abilities. 

The nerve...

Laughing

(11-21-2023, 10:28 AM)Mikey Wrote:

The use of "broadcaster" vs. "journalist" or "reporter" is very significant in that statement.

As a journalist, I am pretty confident Vic would have had some choice words for her disclosure. That's a serious ethical breach.

Might be why she's in studio now and not on the sidelines. If she had a history or attributing statements to your mouth that you did not utter, would you ever respond to her questions?

(11-18-2023, 04:37 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: And no one calling her out for wrong info shows just how much they thought of her and her reports. As a woman I don't know how to feel about this.

Might have been more professional courtesy - criticize behind closed doors and not in the public. Don't want to call the ethical reporters into undue scrutiny. Might have also been that her banter was so vague or general that nothing shocking was ever aired to call her statements into question.

(11-16-2023, 04:02 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I am mad as hell. Like, ready to go Full Metal Jacket on someone. Warner Brothers Discovery has shut down GCN+ which was the app where you could watch almost every road cycling race there is on the calendar as well as cyclocross, some track races and MTB. Effective 19 December. WBD wants to supposedly provide more streaming on fewer platforms which is great if you live in Europe and the UK. Here in the U.S. it gives us only five races on the road racing calendar broadcast on Peacock. Five races out of possibly hundred. I don't know how many are on the calendar but it's A LOT.

I'd start searching out streams on the tubes, I imagine someone will have a feed up.

I did find one. It's not super reliable for live stream but it's better than nothing and I can always watch the race later that day once they've added the recorded race to the site. This week I'm watching the UAE Tour, O Gran Camiño, and Saturday has the opening race in Belgium, the Omloop Het Nieuwsblad. 202km of hell in a saddle. 

Can I just say UAE has some fascinating terrain? One day you're in the sandy desert on a road that seems to go to nowhere and the next day you're in mountains that are truly spectacular.

This weekend I've watched a Strongman competition, a road cycling race and a curling match. I love variety. Lol