Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 NFL Division Predictions

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2022, 09:34 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 3 times in total.)

I've been seeing a lot of early season predictions for all NFL Divisions.  Now that we are closer to training camp/preseason, I thought this might be interesting to discuss.  Your thoughts welcome.

NFC East:
Cowboys - they lost a lot on offense, but they are still better than the competition in a weak division.
Commanders - this really hinges on Wentz.  If he plays solid, they could jump the Cowgirls.
Eagles - in spite of obtaining Brown, I think they take a step back this year.  Hurts isn't the solution here.
Giants - Jones may improve with Daboll at the helm, but this team is a shell of what they were before Judge took over.

NFC North:
Vikings - new offensive minded HC gets the best out of Cousins, and they play enough good D to win this division.  By a decent margin.
Packers - loss of Adams will be huge.  Rodgers cant win every game alone, and that's what he's going to have to do now that he's taking up most of the salary cap.
Lions - they'll be better.  Last years #1 LT pick will have a way better year, and Hutchinson will make Jags fans sad that we passed.
Bears -  they regress.  Like Hurts in Phiily, Justin Fields isn't the answer here.  A long season for Da Bears.

NFC West:
49ers - Jimmy G will probably stay on, and that will actually help.  I see some QB platooning this year ala Spurrier and the Gators in the 90's.  Their franchise QB isn't on the roster today tho.
Rams - SB hangover will doom the Rams, tho they make the playoffs.
Cardinals - Murray got his money.  However, the Cards don't make the playoffs.  Losses on D don't help here.
Seahawks - the Drew Lock era begins.  A defensive minded coach with Lock at QB isn't going to score many points, especially in this division.

NFC South:
Bucs – Bucs are still good enough to win this division, but not good enough to go very far in the playoffs.  TB12’s last year will be a disappointment.
Panthers – they will go as far as Mayfield/CMC go.  If they stay healthy, they can compete for a wild card.
Saints – new HC, and Jameis.  Ehhh.
Falcons – the Mariota era begins, and ends, in one year.  Or maybe a half a year.

AFC East:
Bills – they win, but are pushed by the Fins.  Josh Allen gets even better this year.
Dolphins – Tua can have a good year here.  The new HC designs plays to his strengths.  I think the untold story here will be the Dolphin D.
Patriots – not sure what to expect here.  BB seems to be running the whole show now, being without an OC and DC.  Is he the owner yet?  Mac Jones gets exposed this year.
Jets – in spite of a great draft, still about a year away.  They challenge NE for 3rd.

AFC North:
Bengals – Division champs until someone can prove otherwise.
Steelers – Tomlin has done pretty well in the past when losing his starting QB.  Now it’s permanent, but I think Pickett does avg to above avg.  D still good.
Ravens – Jackson lost Brown, but still has Andrews.  Running game will be relied on more than ever, but was injury prone last year. 
Browns – Browns are back to their old dysfunction.  My guess is that Watson doesn’t play at least half the season, which means reliance on Brissette/Rosen.  Yuck.

AFC West:
Chargers – the best division in the NFL this year.  I believe the SB winner comes out of this division.  I believe 3 of the 4 teams here make the playoffs. Chargers 1st, but it’s close.
Raiders – the most improved team, mostly due to the addition of Adams and Jones.  Derek Carr has a career year.
Broncos – Russell Wilson and Nate Hackett will be a great combo on offense, but they are in too tough a division.
Chiefs – too tough a schedule in the West, and I think teams have figured Reid out, much like they did in Philly during his final seasons there.  Maybe they can pull out 3rd and a playoff spot, but that’s it.

AFC South:
Colts – Matt Ryan is the most proven QB in the Division, which will be good for 2 or 3 wins.  Colts should have won this division last year.
Titans – I would love to put them 3rd, but I don’t think they hit that level of low till next year.  Derrick Henry is now damaged goods, Brown is gone, and Tanneyhill is avg.
Jags – too many unknowns at RB/QB/WR, but they will certainly be better by at least 3 games just based on the dysfunction leaving the building.
Texans – I know these guys beat the Jags twice last year, so how can I rate them below the Jags?  Cause their dysfunction still exists.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2022, 05:15 PM by rpr52121. Edited 3 times in total.)

NFC East:
  1. Eagles. Underrated moves to def and around Hurts. He isn't great, but he can raise the floor enough for them to win this division. Plus they play the AFC South.
  2. WC - Cowboys. Bad coach. Bad offense system that hurts Lamb and Prescott. I think Parsons & Diggs takes small step back and def falters.
  3. Commanders. OL and def has taken personnel losses over past few years since they won division despite QB.
  4. Giants. I just don't think you can fix mistake prone QB's this far into their development. 

NFC North:
  1. Bye - Packers. New style with defense and running focused. I think they surprise a lot of people
  2. WC - Vikings. New HC breathes some new life into offense. I think the pieces are there on defense too now they are healthy again.
  3. Lions. Should have won more games last year TBH. Coach has shades of Vrabel to me. But I don't trust Goff.
  4. Bears. Too many holes.

NFC West:
  1. Rams. Win the division but falter in the playoffs. Don't get bye because of schedule (AFC West and division winners).
  2. Cardinals. I think it will be rinse/repeat with strong start but poor finish to season.
  3. 49ers. This team is always dependent on injuries. They got lucky last year and 3 years ago, not so much 2 years ago. I think Lance may end up too boom/bust to get them to the playoffs in year 1.
  4. Seahawks. If Carroll wasn't 70+ I would think they are tanking for QB in 2023. No clue but team + schedule.

NFC South:
  1. Saints. Looks like both Kamara and Micheal Thomas may play full seasons. Defense and ST still carries this team to surprise division win.
  2. WC - Bucs. Injuries to OL worry me. Plus I think the defense may take a small step back.
  3. Panthers. They will better than expected but not make playoffs.
  4. Falcons. Arthur Smith knows what Mariota can do as both from Titans. He will have him in best possible position. Can Kyle Pitts be an elite version of Delanie Walker?

AFC East:
  1. Bills. This team was peaking so high at the end last year, and got knocked out only due to a bad coin toss. I know we saw KC follow up a similar season with a title run, but I just think they falter maybe a few too many times and the injury bug finally gets them a bit a this season.
  2. Patriots. As wierd as BB runs this team, I think Mac Jones will be better.
  3. Jet. Surprise jump up partly because gut and they can't be worse than last year right? right? Sigh, I've been living in NYC too long.
  4. Dolphins. I don't get the hype. Tua has 1 year in college/NFL where he played more than 13 games, back in 2018 before hip. On top of staying healthy, he is supposed to be improved and Pro-Bowl worthy this years?Plus they have never had a balanced running game. They have a new HC who wasn't even the main offensive person on 49ers last year. Their DC is returning but Flores was the main defensive guy there too. Their team feels like someone playing a video game.

AFC North:
  1. Bye - Ravens. I'll bye the hype. The push it down teams throats running game has worked in reg season before. IF defense is fixed, they win division running away. Plus they get the ACF East and NFC South for schedules on top of worst teams in other AFC/NFC games. 
  2. WC - Bengals. Better offensive line, but will they have a more efficient offense or just falter until 2 minute drill? Will the defense built mostly through FA repeat last years end run? Tough to do and repeat the insane health they had last year. Plus SB loser curse.
  3. Steelers. I think Tomlin can steady the ship some here. Still huge questions on OL. Not sure enough was done last year to fix those issues. With all their weapons, though they may be able to have some answers.
  4. Browns. No QB.

AFC West:
  1. Chargers. I think they do kind of what Ravens did few years ago and Bills last year. Great team with few holes, possibly best record but falter in playoffs. Only issue is the franchise is cursed to lose games based on ridiculous circumstances and they play 17 road games every year. Can they overcome those things?
  2. WC - Broncos. Wilson and Hackett will definitely raise the floor of the team. I think this team will resemble past Seahawks teams. Great RB's, big pass plays, and an underrated defense despite losing Fangio.
  3. WC - Chiefs. So Reid has re-invented himself many times on offense and I think this year will be one of those too. I think more of a balanced RB focused attack will be used instead of the full spread out attack in past. I also think their defense improvements are underrated. I think they make playoffs and spoil a few teams.
  4. Raiders. I think the hype is too high for this team. Last year, their offense just wasn't that balanced enough. I know Adams is great but he feels like Julio. Misses a few too many games, and just cannot get over the hump. Plus their defense has way too many questions. Can Crosby really repeat his last season or was that his peak? Who else is there to stop the other teams in division?

AFC South:
  1. Colts. They have to be favored. Teams rarely make increment improvements every year which is what this would predict. Their defense has consistently seems thrown together like just holding together. Yannick doesn't fully fix their pressure issue even in a Gus Bradley scheme. OL is still a question; and great C/OG like Nelson seem to lose a step after major injuries recent times. Plus great RBs like Taylor are always an injury away from disaster. It will be interesting to see.
  2. Titans. This team could have made the playoffs based on grit and defense before the Landry injury. They still may have the best def in the division. I'm done doubting Vrabel getting his players to play smart situational football. Only issues will be how long it take offense to work out its kinks. Tannehill may be scarred after the playoff meltdown (has happen to others before). Henry may finally be breaking down, but cannot forget that Foreman was playing above average in Henry's absence and Titans have consistently pieced together a running game before Henry.
  3. Jags. Think 7-9 wins is a real possibility. But that may be hoping more than anything.
  4. Texans. This is will be a hard out team this year. Like a better version of Detroit last year. Mills was sneaky good last year and will be much better this year. They got a really good 3D RB in the draft, and filled in a lot of holes on both sides. Only issue is that not every patch often works in 1 off-season. And coach, FO and ownership are almost more confusing to understand than even Jags over past few years.

AFC Champ - Bills @ Ravens
NFC Champ - Vikings @ Packers
SB - Ravens vs Vikings.
Champs -Ravens.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2022, 12:03 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 4 times in total.)

(07-22-2022, 11:19 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I've been seeing a lot of early season predictions for all NFL Divisions.  Now that we are closer to training camp/preseason, I thought this might be interesting to discuss.  Your thoughts welcome.

NFC East:
Cowboys - they lost a lot on offense, but they are still better than the competition in a weak division.
Commanders - this really hinges on Wentz.  If he plays solid, they could jump the Cowgirls.
Eagles - in spite of obtaining Brown, I think they take a step back this year.  Hurts isn't the solution here.
Giants - Jones may improve with Daboll at the helm, but this team is a shell of what they were before Judge took over.

NFC North:
Vikings - new offensive minded HC gets the best out of Cousins, and they play enough good D to win this division.  By a decent margin.
Packers - loss of Adams will be huge.  Rodgers cant win every game alone, and that's what he's going to have to do now that he's taking up most of the salary cap.
Lions - they'll be better.  Last years #1 LT pick will have a way better year, and Hutchinson will make Jags fans sad that we passed.
Bears -  they regress.  Like Hurts in Phiily, Justin Fields isn't the answer here.  A long season for Da Bears.

NFC West:
49ers - Jimmy G will probably stay on, and that will actually help.  I see some QB platooning this year ala Spurrier and the Gators in the 90's.  Their franchise QB isn't on the roster today tho.
Rams - SB hangover will doom the Rams, tho they make the playoffs.
Cardinals - Murray got his money.  However, the Cards don't make the playoffs.  Losses on D don't help here.
Seahawks - the Drew Lock era begins.  A defensive minded coach with Lock at QB isn't going to score many points, especially in this division.

NFC South:
Bucs – Bucs are still good enough to win this division, but not good enough to go very far in the playoffs.  TB12’s last year will be a disappointment.
Panthers – they will go as far as Mayfield/CMC go.  If they stay healthy, they can compete for a wild card.
Saints – new HC, and Jameis.  Ehhh.
Falcons – the Mariota era begins, and ends, in one year.  Or maybe a half a year.

AFC East:
Bills – they win, but are pushed by the Fins.  Josh Allen gets even better this year.
Dolphins – Tua can have a good year here.  The new HC designs plays to his strengths.  I think the untold story here will be the Dolphin D.
Patriots – not sure what to expect here.  BB seems to be running the whole show now, being without an OC and DC.  Is he the owner yet?  Mac Jones gets exposed this year.
Jets – in spite of a great draft, still about a year away.  They challenge NE for 3rd.

AFC North:
Bengals – Division champs until someone can prove otherwise.
Steelers – Tomlin has done pretty well in the past when losing his starting QB.  Now it’s permanent, but I think Pickett does avg to above avg.  D still good.
Ravens – Jackson lost Brown, but still has Andrews.  Running game will be relied on more than ever, but was injury prone last year. 
Browns – Browns are back to their old dysfunction.  My guess is that Watson doesn’t play at least half the season, which means reliance on Brissette/Rosen.  Yuck.

AFC West:
Chargers – the best division in the NFL this year.  I believe the SB winner comes out of this division.  I believe 3 of the 4 teams here make the playoffs. Chargers 1st, but it’s close.
Raiders – the most improved team, mostly due to the addition of Adams and Jones.  Derek Carr has a career year.
Broncos – Russell Wilson and Nate Hackett will be a great combo on offense, but they are in too tough a division.
Chiefs – too tough a schedule in the West, and I think teams have figured Reid out, much like they did in Philly during his final seasons there.  Maybe they can pull out 3rd and a playoff spot, but that’s it.

AFC South:
Colts – Matt Ryan is the most proven QB in the Division, which will be good for 2 or 3 wins.  Colts should have won this division last year.
Titans – I would love to put them 3rd, but I don’t think they hit that level of low till next year.  Derrick Henry is now damaged goods, Brown is gone, and Tanneyhill is avg.
Jags – too many unknowns at RB/QB/WR, but they will certainly be better by at least 3 games just based on the dysfunction leaving the building.
Texans – I know these guys beat the Jags twice last year, so how can I rate them below the Jags?  Cause their dysfunction still exists.

Update after 2 games:

NFC East:
Eagles - in spite of obtaining Brown, I think they take a step back this year.  Hurts isn't the solution here.  Week 3 - boy, was I wrong here.  Eagles and Hurts look like a division winner that could go far into the playoffs.
Giants - Jones may improve with Daboll at the helm, but this team is a shell of what they were before Judge took over. Week 3 - still not sure if this is a 'new coach' sort of surge, but they don't look like the last place team they were projected as.
Cowboys - they lost a lot on offense, but they are still better than the competition in a weak division.  Week 3 - Cooper Rush looked good, but now they've got recent game tape on him.
Commanders - this really hinges on Wentz.  If he plays solid, they could jump the Cowgirls.  Week 3 - I'll stick with this one after 2 games

NFC North:
Vikings - new offensive minded HC gets the best out of Cousins, and they play enough good D to win this division.  By a decent margin.  Week 3 - I'm still going to roll with this.  Just keep the Vikings off of MNF.  Cousins can't handle it.
Packers - loss of Adams will be huge.  Rodgers cant win every game alone, and that's what he's going to have to do now that he's taking up most of the salary cap.  Week 3 - Loss of Adams is still big, but it looks like the Pack has adjusted.  Will be a close divisional race.
Lions - they'll be better.  Last years #1 LT pick will have a way better year, and Hutchinson will make Jags fans sad that we passed.  Week 3 - looks like Hutch and Walker are both going to be what each of thier teams expected.  However, the Lions offense is better than they've been in some time.
Bears -  they regress.  Like Hurts in Phiily, Justin Fields isn't the answer here.  A long season for Da Bears.  Week 3 - no change in opinion here.

NFC West:
49ers - Jimmy G will probably stay on, and that will actually help.  I see some QB platooning this year ala Spurrier and the Gators in the 90's.  Their franchise QB isn't on the roster today tho.  Week 3 - Jimmy G can still lead this team to the division title, but not sure how far he can go in the playoffs.  Home field thru the playoffs would be a huge help here.
Rams - SB hangover will doom the Rams, tho they make the playoffs.  Week 3 - no change
Cardinals - Murray got his money.  However, the Cards don't make the playoffs.  Losses on D don't help here.  Week 3 - no change, tho the Cards are fun to watch.
Seahawks - the Drew Lock era begins.  A defensive minded coach with Lock at QB isn't going to score many points, especially in this division.  Week 3 - the week 1 victory notwithstanding, this is going to be a bad team with either Geno or Drew.  Loss of Adams on D is big.

NFC South:
Bucs – Bucs are still good enough to win this division, but not good enough to go very far in the playoffs.  TB12’s last year will be a disappointment.  Week 3 - probably the most underwhelming 2-0 team in the league so far.  D is carrying them, and that's enough, assuming they can stay healthy.
Falcons – the Mariota era begins, and ends, in one year.  Or maybe a half a year.  Week 3 - Mariota is playing very well under Arthur Smith, even tho they are 0-2.  Desmond Ritter may be on the bench a while longer.
Panthers – they will go as far as Mayfield/CMC go.  If they stay healthy, they can compete for a wild card.  Week 3 - i still believe in my original statement, except they aren't making the playoffs.
Saints – new HC, and Jameis.  Ehhh.  Week 3 - Tampa Bay Jameis reared its ugly head on Sunday.  Any success they have will be because of their D.

AFC East:
Bills – they win, but are pushed by the Fins.  Josh Allen gets even better this year.  Week 3 - they look like a juggernaut.  Clearly, they are pissed by the playoff loss to the Chiefs.
Dolphins – Tua can have a good year here.  The new HC designs plays to his strengths.  I think the untold story here will be the Dolphin D.  Week 3 - sticking with this.  They can make some noise in the playoffs.
Jets – in spite of a great draft, still about a year away.  They challenge NE for 3rd.  Week 3 - an exciting team on the upswing.  Will be interesting to see if the return of Zack Wilson disturbs the chemistry.
Patriots – not sure what to expect here.  BB seems to be running the whole show now, being without an OC and DC.  Is he the owner yet?  Mac Jones gets exposed this year.  Week 3 - Lucky to be 1-1.  Should have lost to the Steelers.

AFC North:
Ravens – Jackson lost Brown, but still has Andrews.  Running game will be relied on more than ever, but was injury prone last year.  Week 3 - looks like the best team in possibly a weak division this year.
Steelers – Tomlin has done pretty well in the past when losing his starting QB.  Now it’s permanent, but I think Pickett does avg to above avg.  D still good.  Week 3 - Pickett watch has already started.  If week 3 brings a loss, I think they make the switch.
Bengals – Division champs until someone can prove otherwise.  Week 3 - didnt see an 0-2 start.  O Line is awful in spite of big investment.  They may rebound, but it'll probaly be too little, too late.
Browns – Browns are back to their old dysfunction.  My guess is that Watson doesn’t play at least half the season, which means reliance on Brissette/Rosen.  Yuck.  Week 3 - havent really played anyone good, but they are tied for the division lead. If they can hang on untill Watson returns, who knows?

AFC West:
Chiefs – too tough a schedule in the West, and I think teams have figured Reid out, much like they did in Philly during his final seasons there.  Maybe they can pull out 3rd and a playoff spot, but that’s it.  Week 3 - wrong takes all the way around.  Reid/Mahomes have adjusted to the team's personnel departures, and have gotten even better.
Chargers – the best division in the NFL this year.  I believe the SB winner comes out of this division.  I believe 3 of the 4 teams here make the playoffs. Chargers 1st, but it’s close.  Week 3 - this is NOT the best division in the NFL.  I was greatly in error.  That title looks goes to the NFC West after 2 weeks.  The SB winner may indeed come out of this division, but it'll be KC if that is the case.  Chargers look like a typical team guided by a defensive coach in an offensive era.  Loss of Allen hurts.
Raiders – the most improved team, mostly due to the addition of Adams and Jones.  Derek Carr has a career year.    Week 3 - the Raiders loss to the Cards was crushing.  They had that game in hand.  Now they face an uphill battle to even make the playoffs at 0-2.
Broncos – Russell Wilson and Nate Hackett will be a great combo on offense, but they are in too tough a division.  Week 3 - got to be the most disappointing/perplexing team in the NFL so far. Hackett is in over his head so far, and he's barely treading water.  Denver fans will not be patient after being sold the Russell Wilson trade deal.

AFC South:
Jags – too many unknowns at RB/QB/WR, but they will certainly be better by at least 3 games just based on the dysfunction leaving the building.  Week 3 - this is a bad overall division, but I can see us winning it with 9 wins.  If we stay healthy (a big if), this is possible.
Texans – I know these guys beat the Jags twice last year, so how can I rate them below the Jags?  Cause their dysfunction still exists.  Week 3 - the Texans look way better than anyone might have anticipated, and if they can stay stay healthy, they can challenge for the division.
Colts – Matt Ryan is the most proven QB in the Division, which will be good for 2 or 3 wins.  Colts should have won this division last year.  Week 3 - they are injury riddled, but I dont think this is the issue.  Ryan looks like he's hit a wall.  Thier WR room is weak, and the trademark OLine is weaker than usual.
Titans – I would love to put them 3rd, but I don’t think they hit that level of low till next year.  Derrick Henry is now damaged goods, Brown is gone, and Tanneyhill is avg.  Week 3 - they've gone about as far as they can go with Tanneyhill.  Henry is no longer the dominant RB that he was for the last 4 years.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption