Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Acceptable sack number for Travon Walker assuming he starts most of the year?

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2022, 11:08 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-27-2022, 10:38 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-27-2022, 09:59 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yes I would to answer the question.  Yall still wouldnt?
Don't do this.

You're trying to claim victory 3 weeks into all these players careers. It's why you never answered the question initially and then went back to find a thread where the last post was 8/15 lol

Pickens and Trevor would be incredible together.

I'm happy the Jags have Lloyd because he's playing really well but I also think Pickens would be a serious X-factor on this team.
Its no victory, im just answering the question. It's funny you said don't do this yet you chimed in on his question before a game was even played lol.  So I figured I would tag you as well.   Yes I would still take Lloyd as you said, you knew my answer.  He asked that before they even played a game so ofcourse I'm still glad we got Lloyd.  It's good you're happy with Lloyd now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2022, 03:20 PM by Firesky. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-06-2022, 09:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-06-2022, 09:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think he mean Stokes, Clark, our old TE from Den etc.

1.  Ketchman was long gone from Jacksonville by the time Manning was in Denver, IIRC.

2.  He was spectacularly wrong about WRs being a dime a dozen then, like he was about many other things.

3.  If you refer mostly to his Denver years, the overwhelming bulk of his career he had an abundance of supporting skill position talent.

In regards to the first point, yes Vic was working for Packers.com by then. In regards to your 2nd point I see what you mean, but I think what Vic meant gets misconstrued A LOTTTTT.

So given the nature of the position (most teams from as far back as the 70/80's start 2 WR's on most plays) and with the rise in spread offenses at lower levels of football (NCAA, HS, Pop Warner etc.)

What he meant is: that there is a wider pool of talent to pick from as there are more athletes that are considered "Wide Receivers" as opposed to other positions. He didn't mean it as "you can find good Bluechip quality players in the later rounds" what he meant is that there are just so many available that from a big picture roster construction standpoint you're better off targeting the scarcer positions (OLine, Defensive End, QB etc.) where the total number of options, let alone good players that pan out, may be entirely exhausted before you even pick twice. While there will ALWAYS be Wide receivers that are near the BAP in almost every round, and that position tends to have a lot more UDFA or late round types stick to rosters.

I think that Vicism went hand in hand with his other 3:

1) "I'm a BAP guy and believer in taking the Best player available"
2) "Gotta get the Big guys early, there's only so many of them walking the earth"
3) "You get football players where you get football players, you can't manufacture them, all you can do is pick them or sign them"
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

I remember when Favre played his last game in Green Bay and Vic said he looked old and cold. Brett went on to play for the Jets and then turned the Vikings into a powerhouse football team. The older I get the more I realize Vic has never played football in his life.

Three weeks into the year and I am still sticking with 14.5 for Allen and 9.5 for Walker. The pass rush is getting close, CLOSE, just not THERE. 30 is the team minimum total goal IMHO and they already have 7 so far. There's a few games on this schedule where I think they have plenty of opportunities to have big games as a squad.

The Giants have given up 13, the clots we get to face again on the road, they've given up 12. The Broncos and Jets have both given up 9 each. Haven't seen the tinhorns yet. They're middle of the league at the moment along with Vegas and Philly giving up 7 each. Need to see another player start consistently eating up some blocks or drawing attention from the interior side of the line though.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Walker should get some sacks. His disruptive speed and power continues to excite leading to the jaguars defense bullying opponents.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

we have just played Herbert and he throws it fast, if that was Ryan again it would of been easy another 3 to 4 sacks. walker and allen both had there hands on his jersey multiple times just as he's throwing the ball.

we have reason to be excited.