Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jimmy Smith - FlemLoRaps

https://youtu.be/ShkDupLezD4

Nice background on Jimmy Smith. FlemLo has a great channel in general. Has done many different stories on a variety of players.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Love this channel so much, crazy to see some of the backstories of NFL players and how they got into some wild [BLEEP] lol

Jimmy will always be one of the best WRs of all time to me.

220 against the Saints and 291 against the Ravens.

So good to hear Jimmy is sober and doing well. Wish the video didn't speculate as much as to when and where Jimmy started using illegal drugs, but it didn't look like Jimmy's story was going to end well, for a while there. Glad to see he turned it around.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-03-2022, 02:30 PM)mikesez Wrote: So good to hear Jimmy is sober and doing well.  Wish the video didn't speculate as much as to when and where Jimmy started using illegal drugs, but it didn't look like Jimmy's story was going to end well, for a while there.  Glad to see he turned it around.

The last time he was on 1010 he was doing very well.

He belongs in the hall of fame along with Freddy T.

(07-30-2022, 02:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote: https://youtu.be/ShkDupLezD4

Nice background on Jimmy Smith. FlemLo has a great channel in general. Has done many different stories on a variety of players.

Pretty cool video.

Jimmy Smith is my all-time favorite Jaguars player, despite his off field demons.  He has overcome many obstacles in his life.  From being ill when he was first drafted to his struggle with addiction.  He has succeeded and overcome so much in his life.

In my opinion, he should get into the HoF because of his accomplishments playing the game.  He is truly one of the all time greats.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-04-2022, 03:42 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-30-2022, 02:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote: https://youtu.be/ShkDupLezD4

Pretty cool video.

Jimmy Smith is my all-time favorite Jaguars player, despite his off field demons.  He has overcome many obstacles in his life.  From being ill when he was first drafted to his struggle with addiction.  He has succeeded and overcome so much in his life.

In my opinion, he should get into the HoF because of his accomplishments playing the game.  He is truly one of the all time greats.

I agree. I think when he retired he was 7th in yards.

I think he'll eventually get in. As will Fred Taylor. Tony going in certainly helps with exposure. If anybody is interested in catching up with Freddy he's also got his own podcast show with Ryan Clark and Channing Crowder. They started up about six months ago but they're very fun to listen to as a trio. Will be even more fun now with football back in full swing. It's called the Pivot Podcast.

Fred also appeared on Barstool Sports Bussin' with the Boys. It's a pretty good show with Taylor Lewan and Will Compton hosting.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I dont think a drug addiction will keep him out. I'm not sure what is keeping him out except for the fact that no superbowl appearances which could have and should have happened. That's the way the ball rolls. Its extremely difficult to get to and win the superbowl. Anyways jags players get under appreciated in general.

I will always remember being in the stadium and watching the Jags play the Patriots. Jimmy lined up across from HOFer Ty Law who was having an amazing year leading the league with 9 interceptions. The Patriots coaching staff was giving the player that was having a defensive player of the year candidate help on nearly every play. With 12 minutes left in the game the Patriots finally gave the opportunity to go one on one with J-Smooth. The result was as predictable as a Michael Jordan on John Starks iso play. Jimmy beat him like a steel drum. Mark Brunnell took a 3 step drop, lofted a bomb and watched Jimmy run under the ball perfectly. That was Jimmy in his prime, he would simply smoke fools and it was a true job to see him perform his craft.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

3rd and 5, James pressed Jimmy Smith up in Denver during the 1996 divisional playoffs. Mark took 3 steps and threw an absolute dime to Smith, who caught another gear and scored the TD.