Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Player of the game in this stinkfest

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2022, 12:17 AM by jaguarmvp. Edited 1 time in total.)

Pleasantly surprised but my nod goes to the Rookie Travon Walker in limited action.

From the first play he got intense pressure, he was called for the tic tack penalty but the refs are always going to protect non Jaguar Qb's.  

Walker got a few more pressures, hit the QB and recorded a great hussle sack.   He dominated his man most of the game and that is very encouraging to see from a guy playing his first NFL game.

*Also nice to see a player flashing quickly for a change. I am so sick of hearing "it's only his first year" when we see so many Jags bust flash so little. Many of us maybe eating a ton of Crow and bowing to Baalke about this pick.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I always said that this is the beginning of the Jags Off-Season, which continues until December. Season starts in Jan-Feb

Key, Walker, and Cooke all get a game ball

Personally, I liked the way Sargent ran the ball.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Key looked the best, but Travon playing well was nice to see.

Nate Cotrell. Scored the TD and the 2 point conversion.

I think for me, I left most encouraged by what Walker put on tape. Guy looked like a beast right out of the gate. I was most discouraged by Luton. Also, snoop did nothing special at all with his Carries.

(08-05-2022, 08:12 AM)Newton Wrote: I think for me, I left most encouraged by what Walker put on tape. Guy looked like a beast right out of the gate. I was most discouraged by Luton. Also, snoop did nothing special at all with his Carries.

Luton is a camp arm, nothing more. Being discouraged by that guy is like being discouraged that the Gatorade was orange and not green. We'll have a third QB hanging around all year but it really doesn't matter who he is.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-05-2022, 07:34 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Personally, I liked the way Sargent ran the ball.

He gets my vote, too. The RB room is crowded and the dude made the most of his playing time. Seemed that he was very active. Cottrell looked to be favoring an ankle late, so Sargent's reps may only go up in the next game or two.

Key looks like a very good value signing, he may not be on the field every down, but he knows how to bring the pressure.

For all the hype that Winningham and Austin have been getting in camp, Willie Johnson was the star WR. Not sure if the others were being hidden, or if Willie was just putting film out there.

For the duds? Chiasson still looked lost. Marvin Hall had a costly fumble. Nick Ford was getting handled, and even added in a few penalties along the way.

I kept telling myself "most of these guys won't see Sundays" but nevertheless it was difficult to watch us falter. If this is our depth, we better pray for a magical season, healthwise. Help is not on the way.

Walker is a monstrous looking dude, but lacks any real technique for shedding the lineman. If he can figure that out, he’ll be a scary dude..
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Yeah our back ups cant hang this game. Mostly luton was the problem. By the time he ruined the offense, it was 20-0.
The best part of this game was walker.

The Jags defense really struggled with a bunch of starters in the first quarter, terrible tackling among other glaring (huge) holes..
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(08-05-2022, 01:18 AM)jaglyn Wrote: I always said that this is the beginning of the Jags Off-Season, which continues until December. Season starts in Jan-Feb

Lol... Really?

Travon Walker. Hassel sack has a little bit of a bad connotation. That implies that he got stoned at the point of attack and the qb ran into him or held the ball for 5 seconds. He came in with a long arm, out leveraged the tackle and shed a block. That's winning. We all want sacks to be this perfect swim or rip where the tackle gets carted off with two broken arms and his eyes crossed. In real life it's about getting leverage and making plays on the qb.

(08-05-2022, 08:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-05-2022, 08:12 AM)Newton Wrote: I think for me, I left most encouraged by what Walker put on tape. Guy looked like a beast right out of the gate. I was most discouraged by Luton. Also, snoop did nothing special at all with his Carries.

Luton is a camp arm, nothing more. Being discouraged by that guy is like being discouraged that the Gatorade was orange and not green. We'll have a third QB hanging around all year but it really doesn't matter who he is.

Luton looks like he is destined for a QB3 role to be developed on the practice squad. 

Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.