Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Hall of Fame Game

It was meaningless.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2022, 03:31 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(08-05-2022, 03:14 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: It was meaningless.

It wasn't meaningless for those rookies

(08-05-2022, 02:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-05-2022, 01:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: We saw a defensive line with one starter (Walker) and maybe no starters at LB go against an offensive line with most of its starters and its starting running back.  I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Hopefully there are things on the game tape that those reserve players can learn from.

I'm just getting a chance to watch right now and this is what I'm seeing early on ^

Jags upgraded NT (Fatukasi), ILB (Oluokun and Lloyd) and NB ( Williams) and none of those guys were on the field with the raiders using 4 of their 5 starters on the OL and Josh Jacobs running.  

The run defense will look different with those upgrades on the field. (although Tre Herndon plays pretty good run D at nickel - the other 3 should be noticeable improvements and Williams is obviously a better cover guy at NB than Herndon)
Our best defensive player wasn't out there either

Shaq Quarterman had a pretty rough game, it looked to twice on big plays he kept getting swallowed up in traffic and missed his gap. I really liked what I seen from Arden Key, he may not be a starter but he will definetly be on the field when a pass rush is needed.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

(08-05-2022, 04:01 PM)Adub28 Wrote: Shaq Quarterman had a pretty rough game, it looked to twice on big plays he kept getting swallowed up in traffic and missed his gap. I really liked what I seen from Arden Key, he may not be a starter but he will definetly be on the field when a pass rush is needed.

Yep

Agreed on both points

I think when this defense has opportunities to put in their third down pressure package - Key, Smoot, Allen and Walker will cause problems for quarterbacks.

Campbell and Cisco have the potential to develop into playmakers if they keep on improving.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2022, 07:35 PM by Bullseye.)

(08-05-2022, 01:29 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(08-05-2022, 01:23 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I look at it like this.

We finished with the worst record in the league before Urban Decay was hired to be our coach, and then with him, we had the worst record in the league.

We are now a year removed from Urban Neglect and we have Doug Pederson as our coach.

Assuming no major infusion of talent, what is the difference in wins and losses Pederson should reasonably be expected to have?

This question reminds me of the scene in Moneyball when the owner asked the coach.  I believe 6 wins this year is this working. Now this is after one game where the newbee rookies and scrubs played. This estimate will change as we get closer.

So if you had to make a W-L estimate based on this analytical method after this preseason game, what would be your guess?

(08-05-2022, 11:38 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: My wife and I attended the game. As expected, the game itself was boring and meaningless. The best things were that Campbell's injury was minor. This team can't afford to lose most likely their best cornerback. I was most pleased to see the 3 rookies (Walker, Muma and Fortner) get significant playing time. I'd expect each of them to keep improving as they adjust to the speed of the NFL game. Walker will need to learn pass rushing moves, but once he does the sky is the limit for him. In the meantime, he'll be an asset in run defense. Without Lawrence, Kirk or Etienne playing, there's no way to yet evaluate the offense. I look forward to seeing all 3 in the next game.

Results of the game notwithstanding for obvious reasons, I hope your trip went/is going well.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-05-2022, 09:15 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Apologies for the delay in posting.  By the time the game was over, I had absolutely zero energy.

For the first time in a long time, I'd say we had a pretty favorable offseason.  Last year's excitement over getting Trevor Lawrence was more than offset by the horror that was Urban Blight.  But this year, though the fans didn't get what they wanted in Baalke's firing, we DID get a new head coach with Super Bowl bona fides in Doug Pederson.  He seems universally respected by national observers, and that was reflected in the words of the pre game commentators on NBC.  His hiring was compounded by a comparatively strong free agency period, and further bolstered by what I believe was a solid draft.  So considering we're coming off a league worst record for two years in a row, many Jaguars fans were looking forward to this season more than you might otherwise expect.  Of course, getting satisfaction from the tremendous football withdrawal got delayed by inclement weather. 

Anyway, here are my thoughts on the game.

1.  Great to see Boselli walk across the field as a member of the 2022 Hall of Fame class.  He looked pretty happy walking across the field.  Congrats again, Boselli.

2.  It was NOT great to see the first series pn both sides of the ball.  The defense allowed the big pass play on the first play, and got gashed in the running game.  They did hold them to a FG, which I suppose was good, but generally it was not a good showing.  I was disappointed with Devon Hamilton on on a big run.  The sieve like run defense continued on the second drive.  Offensively, we went three and out.  If you don't understand preseason football or were just looking for many positive signs, you left those first two series disappointed.

3.  Glad to hear Tyson Campbell is okay.  Also good to see Andre Cisco starting at S.

4.   What was NOT good to see was two former Jaguars WRs-Keelan Cole and Tyron Johnson-showing more burst and big play ability than our current group.

5.  Understanding neither Robinson nor Etienne played, rating the RBs based solely upon who played last night, Cottrill played the best, followed by Sargeant, Arnstead abd Conner.  Cottrell showed the same big play and receiving ability he displayed last offseason, even if he seemed a bit brittle last night.  Sargeant had some decent moments and showed good hands, including a nice one hand grab on a pass that may not have been intended for him.  Armstead didn't stand out too much.  Conner had some tough runs, but did not have a lot of room.  I will say the RBs seemed to be utilized in the passing game more than in the past.

6.  Special teams:  Nice to see a made FG.  Santoso looked huge, and he seemed to hit the ball well, but his kick just stayed outside.  Fry made his kick. Cook was used way too much, because the offense couldn't get anything going.  There seemed to be no egregious lapses in coverage.

7.  Rookie watch:

A.  Travon Walker:  Admittedly, I was less than enthusiastic about the Walker pick.  Since then, I've heard some good things about the pick, but I largely dismissed the reports as being premature minicamp optimism.  But if last night is any indication, we seemed to have gotten the gamble on potential over production right.  The very first play, Walker got a good pressure on the QB, although he got a roughing the passer penalty.  Can anyone tell me what exactly he did on that play?!?  The hit didn't seem to be late.  I couldn't tell if he made contact with Stidham's helmet.  His hands were around Stidham's shoulder pads, but it didn't appear to be a horse collar.  The ref did not elaborate on what exactly Walker did.  In any event, he affected the QB on that play and got a sack in the next series.  He appeared to show a strong punch to the tackle's chect and disengaged well to get the QB as he stepped up.  Was last night enough to show Walker is ready for a future Canton enshrinement?  No, but it's an encouraging start.

B.  Devin Lloyd-Did not play due to the hamstring injury.

C.  Luke Fortner-I did not watch him closely.  There weren't any errant snaps, nor did I see any penalties called against him.  On the other hand, there didn't seem to be much room inside running the ball.

D.  Chad Muma-With Devin Lloyd and Oluakon out for the game, Muma got a lot of my focus in this game.  Though the raiders ran a few successful screens, I maintain that the breaches in the defense were NOT his fault.  He seemed to diagnose the screen passes early on.  One pne play, while he did not make the tackle, he slowed the RB down so he could be tackled after a minimal gain.  On another screen. again he diagnosed the play quickly and was in position to make a stop immediately, but he got blocked.  On yet anothe one, his assignment seemed to take him away from the direction of the screen.  In the running game, he showed the ability t reach the sideline in pursuit on a run to the right.  However, I did not notice him in runs straight at him.  There were too many missed gap assignments, but I don't know how many were attributable to him, nor do I know how he fared when he had to stack and shed a blocker.  Bottom line is I saw some good things-but still an incomplete.  I'm not prepared to blame Muma for all of the failures in the run defense the way some are.

E.  Snoop Conner-See RB discussion above.

F.  Gregory Junior-Did not notice him

G.  Buster Brown-Did not notice him.

H.  Willie Johnson-Was a star of the game.  The UDFA out of Marshall showed a smooth change of direction and a sudden burst a few times during the game, including on an 88 yard punt return that was called back due to penalty.  He helped himself last night.

I.  Kevin Austin-Got a lot of buzz and the most prominent UDFA signing this year, but hasn't done much of anything.  I barely noticed him last night.

J.  LeJuan Winningham-he had been getting the buzz that Austin was getting.  He had a catch last night, but nothing that really stood out.

K.  Grant Morgan-In the pregame show, Jeff Lageman identified LB Grant Morgan as a player to watch.  I looked for him and did not notice him until late in the game.  He showed very good closing speed on a sack where the QB moved outside of the pocket.  He looked like he was shot out of a cannon.

8.  Arden Key looks like he will contribute to the pass eush.

9.  TE Luke Farrell had a couple of nice catches.

10.  Bottom line:  It's preseason and I'm not too worried.  There's no game planning, many of the starters didn't play.  But it's somewhat concerning for this team to declare the defensive emphasis will be stopping the run and for the defense to perform so poorly on that area, even for the first preseason game.  We play Cleveland next and they have a very strong running game.  We will have had the advantage of playing in a game already.  I am hoping to see a better run defense.  But thank God football season is back!!!

TLTR.  I had but one impression, those mostly bottom 2nd stringers and 3rd stringers played exactly like our 1st stingers for much of the past decade.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(08-05-2022, 01:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: We saw a defensive line with one starter (Walker) and maybe no starters at LB go against an offensive line with most of its starters and its starting running back.  I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Hopefully there are things on the game tape that those reserve players can learn from.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over this game for many reasons.  Off the top of my head...

1.  It was foreseeable.  I made a post about this about a week ago where I noted the team had the chance to get to training camp a week earlier because we had a new coach and we were playing in the HOF game, but we didn't.  We had fewer practices overall and fewer paded practices than the Raiders going into this game.  The results were not tally unexpected.

2.  It was the first week of preseason.  That alone is enough to disregard the results.

3.  It appears we escaped the game with no major injuries.  I can breathe easier because of that.

Hopefully all of the parties involved (players and coaches) learned some things from this game.

(08-05-2022, 07:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-05-2022, 01:29 PM)Jag149 Wrote: This question reminds me of the scene in Moneyball when the owner asked the coach.  I believe 6 wins this year is this working. Now this is after one game where the newbee rookies and scrubs played. This estimate will change as we get closer.

So if you had to make a W-L estimate based on this analytical method after this preseason game, what would be your guess?

(08-05-2022, 11:38 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: My wife and I attended the game. As expected, the game itself was boring and meaningless. The best things were that Campbell's injury was minor. This team can't afford to lose most likely their best cornerback. I was most pleased to see the 3 rookies (Walker, Muma and Fortner) get significant playing time. I'd expect each of them to keep improving as they adjust to the speed of the NFL game. Walker will need to learn pass rushing moves, but once he does the sky is the limit for him. In the meantime, he'll be an asset in run defense. Without Lawrence, Kirk or Etienne playing, there's no way to yet evaluate the offense. I look forward to seeing all 3 in the next game.

Results of the game notwithstanding for obvious reasons, I hope your trip went/is going well.

Thanks. The HOF is really a great place to visit. One could spend an entire day looking at all the exhibits and film footage. They also have two short-length theatre presentations: one is moderated by Joe Namath (with modern technology it looks like you could literally touch him from your seat) and the other is about the Super Bowl. All football fans should visit at least once in their lifetime. We also attended the Rock and Roll HOF in Cleveland which is equally impressive. Looking forward to the induction ceremony tomorrow.

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2022, 07:49 PM by Bullseye.)

(08-05-2022, 02:20 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(08-05-2022, 01:23 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I look at it like this.

We finished with the worst record in the league before Urban Decay was hired to be our coach, and then with him, we had the worst record in the league.

We are now a year removed from Urban Neglect and we have Doug Pederson as our coach.

Assuming no major infusion of talent, what is the difference in wins and losses Pederson should reasonably be expected to have?

Meyer was *so* monumentally dysfunctional, I think just having a professional coaching staff alone is worth 3 or 4 more wins. I also do think this team is more talented than they were last year although depth is still suspect as CTEisREAL said. However, the WR corps is going to be below average when it's said and done even if Kirk puts up near pro-bowl numbers. There's just not enough horses there. We have to hope our TEs make their mark. I do also think our defense is going to be really good by the time we're into the second part of the season. Arrow is pointing up even if we only flirt with .500 this year.
So aside from the WR corps, are there any other factors that would serve to counteract the positive impact of coaching on the W-L record?

(08-05-2022, 07:41 PM)copycat Wrote:
(08-05-2022, 09:15 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Apologies for the delay in posting.  By the time the game was over, I had absolutely zero energy.

For the first time in a long time, I'd say we had a pretty favorable offseason.  Last year's excitement over getting Trevor Lawrence was more than offset by the horror that was Urban Blight.  But this year, though the fans didn't get what they wanted in Baalke's firing, we DID get a new head coach with Super Bowl bona fides in Doug Pederson.  He seems universally respected by national observers, and that was reflected in the words of the pre game commentators on NBC.  His hiring was compounded by a comparatively strong free agency period, and further bolstered by what I believe was a solid draft.  So considering we're coming off a league worst record for two years in a row, many Jaguars fans were looking forward to this season more than you might otherwise expect.  Of course, getting satisfaction from the tremendous football withdrawal got delayed by inclement weather. 

Anyway, here are my thoughts on the game.

1.  Great to see Boselli walk across the field as a member of the 2022 Hall of Fame class.  He looked pretty happy walking across the field.  Congrats again, Boselli.

2.  It was NOT great to see the first series pn both sides of the ball.  The defense allowed the big pass play on the first play, and got gashed in the running game.  They did hold them to a FG, which I suppose was good, but generally it was not a good showing.  I was disappointed with Devon Hamilton on on a big run.  The sieve like run defense continued on the second drive.  Offensively, we went three and out.  If you don't understand preseason football or were just looking for many positive signs, you left those first two series disappointed.

3.  Glad to hear Tyson Campbell is okay.  Also good to see Andre Cisco starting at S.

4.   What was NOT good to see was two former Jaguars WRs-Keelan Cole and Tyron Johnson-showing more burst and big play ability than our current group.

5.  Understanding neither Robinson nor Etienne played, rating the RBs based solely upon who played last night, Cottrill played the best, followed by Sargeant, Arnstead abd Conner.  Cottrell showed the same big play and receiving ability he displayed last offseason, even if he seemed a bit brittle last night.  Sargeant had some decent moments and showed good hands, including a nice one hand grab on a pass that may not have been intended for him.  Armstead didn't stand out too much.  Conner had some tough runs, but did not have a lot of room.  I will say the RBs seemed to be utilized in the passing game more than in the past.

6.  Special teams:  Nice to see a made FG.  Santoso looked huge, and he seemed to hit the ball well, but his kick just stayed outside.  Fry made his kick. Cook was used way too much, because the offense couldn't get anything going.  There seemed to be no egregious lapses in coverage.

7.  Rookie watch:

A.  Travon Walker:  Admittedly, I was less than enthusiastic about the Walker pick.  Since then, I've heard some good things about the pick, but I largely dismissed the reports as being premature minicamp optimism.  But if last night is any indication, we seemed to have gotten the gamble on potential over production right.  The very first play, Walker got a good pressure on the QB, although he got a roughing the passer penalty.  Can anyone tell me what exactly he did on that play?!?  The hit didn't seem to be late.  I couldn't tell if he made contact with Stidham's helmet.  His hands were around Stidham's shoulder pads, but it didn't appear to be a horse collar.  The ref did not elaborate on what exactly Walker did.  In any event, he affected the QB on that play and got a sack in the next series.  He appeared to show a strong punch to the tackle's chect and disengaged well to get the QB as he stepped up.  Was last night enough to show Walker is ready for a future Canton enshrinement?  No, but it's an encouraging start.

B.  Devin Lloyd-Did not play due to the hamstring injury.

C.  Luke Fortner-I did not watch him closely.  There weren't any errant snaps, nor did I see any penalties called against him.  On the other hand, there didn't seem to be much room inside running the ball.

D.  Chad Muma-With Devin Lloyd and Oluakon out for the game, Muma got a lot of my focus in this game.  Though the raiders ran a few successful screens, I maintain that the breaches in the defense were NOT his fault.  He seemed to diagnose the screen passes early on.  One pne play, while he did not make the tackle, he slowed the RB down so he could be tackled after a minimal gain.  On another screen. again he diagnosed the play quickly and was in position to make a stop immediately, but he got blocked.  On yet anothe one, his assignment seemed to take him away from the direction of the screen.  In the running game, he showed the ability t reach the sideline in pursuit on a run to the right.  However, I did not notice him in runs straight at him.  There were too many missed gap assignments, but I don't know how many were attributable to him, nor do I know how he fared when he had to stack and shed a blocker.  Bottom line is I saw some good things-but still an incomplete.  I'm not prepared to blame Muma for all of the failures in the run defense the way some are.

E.  Snoop Conner-See RB discussion above.

F.  Gregory Junior-Did not notice him

G.  Buster Brown-Did not notice him.

H.  Willie Johnson-Was a star of the game.  The UDFA out of Marshall showed a smooth change of direction and a sudden burst a few times during the game, including on an 88 yard punt return that was called back due to penalty.  He helped himself last night.

I.  Kevin Austin-Got a lot of buzz and the most prominent UDFA signing this year, but hasn't done much of anything.  I barely noticed him last night.

J.  LeJuan Winningham-he had been getting the buzz that Austin was getting.  He had a catch last night, but nothing that really stood out.

K.  Grant Morgan-In the pregame show, Jeff Lageman identified LB Grant Morgan as a player to watch.  I looked for him and did not notice him until late in the game.  He showed very good closing speed on a sack where the QB moved outside of the pocket.  He looked like he was shot out of a cannon.

8.  Arden Key looks like he will contribute to the pass eush.

9.  TE Luke Farrell had a couple of nice catches.

10.  Bottom line:  It's preseason and I'm not too worried.  There's no game planning, many of the starters didn't play.  But it's somewhat concerning for this team to declare the defensive emphasis will be stopping the run and for the defense to perform so poorly on that area, even for the first preseason game.  We play Cleveland next and they have a very strong running game.  We will have had the advantage of playing in a game already.  I am hoping to see a better run defense.  But thank God football season is back!!!

TLTR.  I had but one impression, those mostly bottom 2nd stringers and 3rd stringers played exactly like our 1st stingers for much of the past decade.

The sad part is for much of last season, guys who are 2nd and 3rd teamers yesterday like Treadwell, Chaisson, and others were good enough to start over the last two years and get playing time.

It should NEVER, EVER be like that for this team ever again.

I enjoyed watching the game
Great to see the jags play again

Feels like a age

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2022, 08:59 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

*runs and hides in Mans bathroom with tail tucked in Cantoon Ohio before game*    

in other words scary.  Dad,and i were at hall of fame game. when they announced server weather i got very scared. I no like thunderstroms espaissley when outside.  I really stayed in Mens bathroom until lighting had stopped.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(08-05-2022, 08:58 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: *runs and hides in Mans bathroom with tail tucked in Cantoon Ohio before game*    

in other words scary.  Dad,and i were at hall of fame game. when they announced server weather i got very scared. I no like thunderstroms espaissley when outside.  I really stayed in Mens bathroom until lighting had stopped.

Lol

(08-05-2022, 07:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-05-2022, 02:20 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Meyer was *so* monumentally dysfunctional, I think just having a professional coaching staff alone is worth 3 or 4 more wins. I also do think this team is more talented than they were last year although depth is still suspect as CTEisREAL said. However, the WR corps is going to be below average when it's said and done even if Kirk puts up near pro-bowl numbers. There's just not enough horses there. We have to hope our TEs make their mark. I do also think our defense is going to be really good by the time we're into the second part of the season. Arrow is pointing up even if we only flirt with .500 this year.
So aside from the WR corps, are there any other factors that would serve to counteract the positive impact of coaching on the W-L record?

(08-05-2022, 07:41 PM)copycat Wrote: TLTR.  I had but one impression, those mostly bottom 2nd stringers and 3rd stringers played exactly like our 1st stingers for much of the past decade.

The sad part is for much of last season, guys who are 2nd and 3rd teamers yesterday like Treadwell, Chaisson, and others were good enough to start over the last two years and get playing time.

It should NEVER, EVER be like that for this team ever again.

You got that right!  This fan base is too loyal and the Kahn’s have too much money for the debacle we have been subjected to.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Hopefully Caldwell will be able to coach these guys up on Defense. I believe there’s some individual talent out there and if they can start playing as a team; I think they can be really good. Big IF. With that said, Penderson and Caldwell are the men to make it happen. So, we’ll see.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

The fact that they were dialing up blitz packages, using stunts and we were consistently seeing Walker around the QB or Key getting into the mix is extremely encouraging. Caldwell is not shy from that which is exciting. I think 40 sacks should be the minimum team goal this year. This would put you right in the middle of the pack based on last year's total team stats overall. Which is fair. And in a lot of those cases you're just splitting hairs with a few teams total wise. Compared to being in the bottom five last year.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-06-2022, 08:06 AM)Caldrac Wrote: The fact that they were dialing up blitz packages, using stunts and we were consistently seeing Walker around the QB or Key getting into the mix is extremely encouraging. Caldwell is not shy from that which is exciting. I think 40 sacks should be the minimum team goal this year. This would put you right in the middle of the pack based on last year's total team stats overall. Which is fair. And in a lot of those cases you're just splitting hairs with a few teams total wise. Compared to being in the bottom five last year.

That (40 sacks) seems a reasonable expectation for several reasons:

1.  We have better talent than we had last year.

2.  We should be playing with more leads this year than last.  TL is NOT a rookie.  Pederson is NOT Urban Blight.

(08-05-2022, 07:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-05-2022, 02:20 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Meyer was *so* monumentally dysfunctional, I think just having a professional coaching staff alone is worth 3 or 4 more wins. I also do think this team is more talented than they were last year although depth is still suspect as CTEisREAL said. However, the WR corps is going to be below average when it's said and done even if Kirk puts up near pro-bowl numbers. There's just not enough horses there. We have to hope our TEs make their mark. I do also think our defense is going to be really good by the time we're into the second part of the season. Arrow is pointing up even if we only flirt with .500 this year.

Nothing really comes to mind other than the possible but presumably unlikely things. Such as Lawrence failing to take the step forward we think he will/should or Walker busting or Robinson and ETN not recovering completely from surgery. I actually like where the team is even if we only have 4 more wins *this* year, I think we're heading in the right direction for the future.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(08-06-2022, 10:02 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(08-05-2022, 07:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote: So aside from the WR corps, are there any other factors that would serve to counteract the positive impact of coaching on the W-L record?

Nothing really comes to mind other than the possible but presumably unlikely things. Such as Lawrence failing to take the step forward we think he will/should or Walker busting or Robinson and ETN not recovering completely from surgery. I actually like where the team is even if we only have 4 more wins *this* year, I think we're heading in the right direction for the future.

7 wins is the floor when it comes to expectations…
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

I probably mention this every preseason, but here goes anyway.
One year the Lions went 4-0 in the preseason and 0-16 in the regular season.
One year the Redskins went 0-4 in the preseason and won the Super Bowl.