Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ETN + Jrob > Fred Taylor + Mojo?

(08-17-2022, 01:19 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Jrob is a broke man's emmitt smith. He knows how to pick holes and squeeze out nice yardage.

Do you mean JRob is Emmitt Smith (when Emmitt was with the Cardinals)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think he is Emmitt Smith. If Jrob had the oline Smith had, he'd do the same thing.

Emmit and jrob. The funny thing is their playing height and weights are just about identical. They are both 5"9 and about 216 from what I read.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2022, 02:44 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(08-17-2022, 02:20 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Emmit and jrob. The funny thing is their playing height and weights are just about identical. They are both 5"9 and about 216 from what I read.

ETN and Marshall Faulk -- both 5'10" and ~ 215 pounds

Both have brown eyes

(08-17-2022, 02:44 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-17-2022, 02:20 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Emmit and jrob. The funny thing is their playing height and weights are just about identical. They are both 5"9 and about 216 from what I read.

Both have brown eyes

Both are also Libras, like Chinese food, and like long walks in the rain.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(08-17-2022, 02:44 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Both have brown eyes

And they both run super fast?

Either way, I'd take Emmitt and Marshall as a running back duo. They don't have to be exactly like Freddy T and mojo. They just have to have distinct, effective running styles to disrupt opposing defenses.

No!! Don't compare any of our RB's to Fred one of the greatest of all time.
No Fun

(08-17-2022, 01:19 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Jrob is a broke man's emmitt smith. He knows how to pick holes and squeeze out nice yardage.

Agreed, I've said this before. In basic style if not the same talent level.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(08-17-2022, 03:06 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(08-17-2022, 02:44 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: ETN and Marshall Faulk -- both 5'10" and ~ 215 pounds

Both have brown eyes

And piña coladas.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-16-2022, 01:46 PM)Jagsman Wrote: In the 2007 season, Fred Taylor and Mojo had a combined 1970 rushing yards along with 16 total Tds (Jags were 11-5 this season and lost in the divisional round to the Pats). Will the elite ETN and Jrob one-two punch be able to achieve numbers like this? I think it is very possible considering that both are closer to their primes.

No.....   

Blasphemy!

(08-17-2022, 03:06 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(08-17-2022, 02:44 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: ETN and Marshall Faulk -- both 5'10" and ~ 215 pounds

Both have brown eyes

Thanks ... now I have the Pina Colada song stuck in my head.

(08-18-2022, 02:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-17-2022, 03:06 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Both are also Libras, like Chinese food, and like long walks in the rain.

Thanks ... now I have the Pina Colada song stuck in my head.

Actually, i think he liked getting caught in the rain in the song....but, close enough for horseshoes, hand grenades and government work.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(08-16-2022, 01:46 PM)Jagsman Wrote: In the 2007 season, Fred Taylor and Mojo had a combined 1970 rushing yards along with 16 total Tds (Jags were 11-5 this season and lost in the divisional round to the Pats). Will the elite ETN and Jrob one-two punch be able to achieve numbers like this? I think it is very possible considering that both are closer to their primes.
After thinking about this some more:

I could see them combining for 1500-1600 rushing yards and 600-700 receiving yards depending on how balanced Doug keeps his offense. 

I could see Etienne with lots of targets and a modest number of carries. Something like 140 carries and 70 targets.
While J-Rob gets more carries and less targets. Maybe 210 carries and 30 targets. 
Mix in some short yardage or spell work for Snoop and those numbers should add up pretty well for a 17 game schedule.

(08-18-2022, 04:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I could see them combining for 1500-1600 rushing yards and 600-700 receiving yards depending on how balanced Doug keeps his offense. 

I could see Etienne with lots of targets and a modest number of carries. Something like 140 carries and 70 targets.
While J-Rob gets more carries and less targets. Maybe 210 carries and 30 targets. 
Mix in some short yardage or spell work for Snoop and those numbers should add up pretty well for a 17 game schedule.

Agreed.

Put down the pipe!

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2022, 08:43 AM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-18-2022, 04:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

If you think about it, with a 17 game season, that really only averages out to a combined 92 rushing yards and 38 receiving yards.  Assuming they are at least 95% healthy and remain healthy (which is the key), that's extremely reasonable.