Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
First time visiting Jacksonville and attending a game! Suggestions appreciated.

(10-20-2022, 07:55 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-20-2022, 07:35 PM)Jags Wrote: The old modis building.

Embrace our traditions!

We’ve all taken that leap at least once.  When in Rome!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Modis Building or Gator Lodge aside, lol, there are some bars on Bay street about a 15 minute walk from the stadium. The closest to the stadium are Intuition and a bar next door to the Vystar Arena on Randolph. Never been there for a Jaguars game but we go there sometimes before Icemen games. Both places will probably be super crowded though.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-20-2022, 05:36 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-20-2022, 03:58 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: The old town Gator Lodge would be a great place to visit! Especially around Halloween. Lots of ghosts and goblins around those parts.. I heard it's actually haunted by the ghosts of.. well.. a certain profession.

Rumor has it.. You can smell em a mile away..

What took you so long for this recommendation? Laughing

He doesn't share his special place with just anyone.......
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(10-21-2022, 09:33 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-20-2022, 05:36 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: What took you so long for this recommendation? Laughing

He doesn't share his special place with just anyone.......

It's what I consider, a hidden gem..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(10-21-2022, 09:44 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-21-2022, 09:33 AM)Sneakers Wrote: He doesn't share his special place with just anyone.......

It's what I consider, a hidden gem..

If you look close it might turn out to be a hidden Jim.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-21-2022, 11:12 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-21-2022, 09:44 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: It's what I consider, a hidden gem..

If you look close it might turn out to be a hidden Jim.

Something is definitely hidden!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-21-2022, 12:06 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-21-2022, 11:12 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If you look close it might turn out to be a hidden Jim.

Something is definitely hidden!

Hidden or lurking?

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2022, 02:46 PM by Brett.)

(10-20-2022, 05:18 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-20-2022, 10:59 AM)Brett Wrote: Thanks guys! Do you recommend visiting any specific spots before/after the game that are within walking distance to the stadium?

What do you consider walking distance?  There's isn't a lot to do around the stadium.  It's a mostly industrial area and about a mile from downtown (not that there's a lot to do there either).  Are you staying in the downtown area?

Thanks, I appreciate your response. Walking distance for us is within miles, we don't mind walking far distances. Good to know though that there isn't a lot to do around the stadium. I was referring to just even seeing sights or a shop, etc. Any pro shops even close to the stadium?

(10-21-2022, 02:46 PM)Brett Wrote:
(10-20-2022, 05:18 PM)Sneakers Wrote: What do you consider walking distance?  There's isn't a lot to do around the stadium.  It's a mostly industrial area and about a mile from downtown (not that there's a lot to do there either).  Are you staying in the downtown area?

Thanks, I appreciate your response. Walking distance for us is within miles, we don't mind walking far distances. Good to know though that there isn't a lot to do around the stadium. I was referring to just even seeing sights or a shop, etc. Any pro shops even close to the stadium?

Hope you had a great time.  Sorry the team let you down.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

If you visited Da Gata..

Get tested..

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2022, 03:33 PM by Brett. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-29-2022, 08:21 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-21-2022, 02:46 PM)Brett Wrote: Thanks, I appreciate your response. Walking distance for us is within miles, we don't mind walking far distances. Good to know though that there isn't a lot to do around the stadium. I was referring to just even seeing sights or a shop, etc. Any pro shops even close to the stadium?

Hope you had a great time.  Sorry the team let you down.

Thanks man! We had an awesome time. Super glad I got to come see it. The fans all around us were Giants fans. Unfortunately, it felt more like an away game.