Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Divisional Draft Matchups you DON'T want to see

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2017, 06:58 PM by Bullseye.)

Every year leading up to the draft, we do mock drafts and discuss the pros and cons of particular players for our teams.

Here in Jag nation, we've had debates between Leonard Fournette and Dalvin Cook, Fournette vs. everybody else, when, if ever, to take a QB, etc.

But as the title of this thread suggests, I want to put a bit of a twist on the discussions.

What player do you NOT want to see with your division rivals?  What player do you think is the perfect fit between need and talent that would make your divsion rival better?

For me, my list begins thusly:

Tacks-John Ross.  I think with our DBs, we can match up pretty well against anybody.  I think the only thing that wuold possibly give our CBs issues is blinding speed, and that's what Ross offers.  The tacks went after a similar guy in Brandin Cooks, and I don't want Ross there.  Let Mariota and their passing game continue to be pedestrian.  I also don't want them landing either of the Ohio St. CBs.

Colts-I don't want to see the Colts end up with Dalvin Cook.  I think adding him to the Colts offense would give them a longer term running game and diversify their offense a great deal.  I want him nowhere near Indy.  I want Alabama LB Foster far away from Indy.  The last thing I want is the Colts defense to have is a physical presence, and he is possibly the hardest hitting LB to come out of Alabama in quite some time.

Texans-Cam Robinson or any viable OL.  They have a need at G and RT, and Robinson could fit either position.  For that matter, I don't want them getting any viable QB.  They deserve to waste their defense and suck longer.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Mods, please move this thread to the AFC South Forum.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2017, 10:31 PM by SkeetBroball2.)

I'd be happy with Tennessee getting Ross. He's made of glass. He'll be like their Sammy Watkins. Good on the field, but never on the field.

I agree with the other two.

My #1 for Tennessee is Jamal Adams. With Blake's gambling mentality, the last thing I want is playing another talented secondary twice a year. Though who knows, Blake could be a different player this year.

Tenn. - Adams

Indy - McCaffrey

Hou- A QB
<p style="text-align:center;">[Image: 0mbt2.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2017, 09:21 AM by Jacksonville.)

I would love all your picks honestly for team in or division
<p style="text-align:center;">[Image: 0mbt2.jpg]

For me, what I WANT to see is Houston draft a QB who busts hard.  If the talking heads are right, taking a QB in the first could essentially be a wasted pick for the Texans.

The Titans are who scare me.  They pick 5 and have been drafting very well of late.

tacks: O.J Howard - I would be concerned with him being selected at 5th or even 18th if he slips a bit to them on draft night. Traditionally the TE position has crippled virtually all of our defensive teams no matter who was the coach or which era it was. Adding Howard to a run heavy, run first offense with Mariota as efficient as he's been in his career is a scary thought. 

clots: Dalvin Cook - This would be painful to watch. Cook is easily one of the better RB's in this class. Seeing a Florida product running against us twice a year would really burn me up from time to time. Because of his speed and quickness you'd be worried from time to time with him bouncing off the edge and cutting loose outside. Plus, he's being supported by Luck. Who I think a lot of people have been sleeping on but once he's fully healed up from his injuries he's a top flight QB in the NFL. 

tinhorns: DeShuan Watson - Not the flashiest or the biggest QB of his class. But the kid wins football games. He can manage the big stage and bright lights. Placing him in charge of an offense that has some solid outside weapons and a decent backfield is a scary thought. He could blossom just fine under Bill O'Brien. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

What I don't want to see:

Tennessee - Them being able to trade down with a team like Buffalo or Cleveland that wants to move up and get a QB. And Tennessee is able to get extra picks and add OJ Howard or John Ross

Indy - Forrest Lamp

Houston - Them being in a position to get Watson

;

;

I'd actually prefer Houston to get a QB this year. I don't think any of them will be anything better than average even after years of development. I'd like to see Houston get set back again after missing on another QB.

I would like to add Takkarist McKinley to the Colts.

They desperately need pass rushers out of their 3-4.  He could succeed in that capacity for them.  I don't want that to happen.

I want Adams (safety) and Howard (TE) as far away from our division as possible unless we nab them. Not as concerned about WRs with our corners.

Colts - Dalvin Cook

Texans - Garrapalo in a trade

Titans - Barnett (DE Vols)

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

Quote:Colts - Dalvin Cook

Texans - Garrapalo in a trade

Titans - Barnett (DE Vols)

You realize Barnett is already gone and Houston has nothing to trade for Jimmy G right?

Revisiting this thread:

tennessee flaming thunder tacks: Landed Corey Davis and Adoree' Jackson. They've added a lot of overall speed to their team. Jackson's coverage ability I am not as concerned with. He could be a special team's threat or a deep ball coverage guy but I don't see him being a lock down or shut down cover man consistently in the NFL. Davis is coming off an injury. He was very productive when he did play. Not sure what to make of his addition yet. Especially in a run heavy offense. I feel comfortable with Ramsey or Bouye covering him though. 

houston rusted tin horns: Deshaun Watson ended up exactly where I didn't want to see him end up. It's hard to predict where he'll project as an NFL starter and due to the tin horns desperate need of a QB it could be argued they may have overracted or reached here thanks to Kansas City jumping up for Mahomes. Watson could either be a game manager at best or a show stealer. Only time will tell. Just need to see him in the pre season to get an idea. 

indianapolis clots: Well, they got Malik Hooker on a bargain deal. I was mostly thinking they'd lean RB here since they've put too much on Luck and he cant' seem to stay healthy behind their pass protection. Hooker is a playmaker when he's healthy. If he played for any other team outside of the AFC South I'd wish him all the luck in the world. But since he's a clot now I am hoping he just ends up being another Bob Sanders for them. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2017, 10:42 AM by SkeetBroball2.)

In response to Caldrac without quoting that much text:

Outside of Watson, I think the draft fell pretty well for Jax. I didn't want Watson in Houston, so hopefully he ends up average at best there.

Considering who was on the board for our division rivals, I think we came out pretty unscathed. Tennessee made some nice additions but they passed on Jamal Adams and OJ Howard who were my biggest fears to go to them.

And I'm glad we don't have to deal with Dalvin Cook on Indy. While Hooker is good, I keep hearing he shies away from contact. Which with Fournette coming at him is really good for us.

Quote:What I don't want to see:

Tennessee - Them being able to trade down with a team like Buffalo or Cleveland that wants to move up and get a QB. And Tennessee is able to get extra picks and add OJ Howard or John Ross

Indy - Forrest Lamp

Houston - Them being in a position to get Watson
Dang bro. U called it.

Now lemme think...  :geek:  What should my avatar....

Quote:I'd be happy with Tennessee getting Ross. He's made of glass. He'll be like their Sammy Watkins. Good on the field, but never on the field.

I agree with the other two.

My #1 for Tennessee is Jamal Adams. With Blake's gambling mentality, the last thing I want is playing another talented secondary twice a year. Though who knows, Blake could be a different player this year.

I disagree with your assessment of John Ross as much as I disagree with the Bengals fans that are trashing that pick on their forums.  He's had an ACL on each knee and still ran the fastest 40 time in combine history.  That's resilience!

And here's the thing, he's probably going to be playing in the slot this year.  Yeah, Tyler Boyd had a terrible rookie year, but he did challenge many of Larry Fitzgerald's records at Pittsburgh.  They got a good stable of backs and Tyler Eiffert at tight end.  I think he's a good fit there.

Quote:Revisiting this thread:

tennessee flaming thunder tacks: Landed Corey Davis and Adoree' Jackson. They've added a lot of overall speed to their team. Jackson's coverage ability I am not as concerned with. He could be a special team's threat or a deep ball coverage guy but I don't see him being a lock down or shut down cover man consistently in the NFL. Davis is coming off an injury. He was very productive when he did play. Not sure what to make of his addition yet. Especially in a run heavy offense. I feel comfortable with Ramsey or Bouye covering him though.

houston rusted tin horns: Deshaun Watson ended up exactly where I didn't want to see him end up. It's hard to predict where he'll project as an NFL starter and due to the tin horns desperate need of a QB it could be argued they may have overracted or reached here thanks to Kansas City jumping up for Mahomes. Watson could either be a game manager at best or a show stealer. Only time will tell. Just need to see him in the pre season to get an idea.

indianapolis clots: Well, they got Malik Hooker on a bargain deal. I was mostly thinking they'd lean RB here since they've put too much on Luck and he cant' seem to stay healthy behind their pass protection. Hooker is a playmaker when he's healthy. If he played for any other team outside of the AFC South I'd wish him all the luck in the world. But since he's a clot now I am hoping he just ends up being another Bob Sanders for them.

Bob Sanders won a SB. Think Indy would be satisfied.

Unless Malik Hooker can play box strong safety like a boss, I like us against them. I think with Ramsey and Bouye we can take away the Hilton/Mincrief Combo. Hopefully Jack finally becomes the linebacker we have been needing (TE covering) and I think we have their number. Watson won't be ready to light the world on fire this year and I think our defense takes a step up so we can split the series with them. We always seem to split the series with the Titans but I think 'this year is when we had the best chance at sweeping them if Fournette and Cam robinson are as advertised. On paper and if this was Madden, I think we are a better team but we will under perform. If Fournette is anywhere close to Zeke Elliott, I think Bortles can be a middle of the road QB and we have a legitimate shot at winning the division but of course...we will find a way to blow it more than likely
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(05-13-2017, 09:19 AM)Indy2Jacks Wrote:
Quote:Revisiting this thread:

Bob Sanders won a SB. Think Indy would be satisfied.

Sanders was also a defensive MVP.  I don't want Hooker ending up "just like Bob Sanders."

I'd much rather him end up like Vinnie Clark or Tom Knight.