Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 2: Postgame Appreciation Thread

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 11:13 AM by Mikey.)

(09-18-2022, 08:51 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: This game was dominant in virtually every way possible.  I just looked at the team stats.  The only stats the Colts won were:
  • Kickoff Return Yardage - It's hard for the Jaguars' to get kickoff return yardage when the Colts' never score and their only kickoff was the one to start the second half.
  • Average Yards Per Rush - Part of this was due to the Jaguars trying to kill the clock at the end of the game.

One thing I'll also say to that average is that the 'shoes basically did to J. Taylor what we did to JRob in last season's opener. He got almost no carries, and really we were smothering him until a late breakaway run got him a chunk of yards.

For the clots team and fans alike, it was an embarrassing loss. I'm not gonna gloat too hard, because we've been on the wrong end of those losses a lot in recent memory. It was a joy to watch, but absolutely unexpected to be such a lopsided performance.

(09-18-2022, 09:19 PM)MJonesD_32 Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 09:11 PM)enigma Wrote: Lol thanks, I didn't think my post was otherworldly but hey, if it inspired you in that manner then I'm glad it did.

All we want is more of those type of performances from our Jags and it's about time we saw a complete team win on Sunday.

Dude, that post hit me right in the feels tbh. longtime fan... super emotional when i see it clicking like today. 

all i wanna see is PROGRESS, not necessarily wins. Wins are the icing on the cake, just wanna see a competitive team on Sundays.

careful, you might get accused of loser mentality with takes like these

(you're not wrong)

(09-18-2022, 10:52 PM)Jagsman Wrote: I would like to bring up the Engram stiff arm on Stephon Gilmore on 3rd & 7 to get the first down and keep the drive alive. Love to see the dominance and effort.

That was mansome.

(09-18-2022, 11:28 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 11:19 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Hopefully this was a preview of what will happen on a weekly basis for this team in the near future

Next week will/should be a good test. Out west vs the Chargers. They got some banged up top guys though. Herbert of course with his rib injury and Keenan Allen who didn't play this past Thursday night.

Bosa and Mack are going to be a big test for Cam and Taylor.

I expect to see a lot more Manhertz than Engram.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 11:18 AM by Mikey.)

(09-19-2022, 08:09 AM)rfc17 Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 07:25 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: And for all the guys that thinks the oLiNe if tErRibLe. 0 sacks allowed in week 2. It’s amazing what happens when the QB doesn’t bail and makes quick reads.

I don't agree with this.  It's not as though the offensive line looked bad in week 1 because Lawrence was creating the pressure himself.  The oline just got flat out whipped.  And the team clearly designed the gameplan yesterday against the Colts to get the ball out early.  Partially because of how Bradley runs his defense but also to help the oline out.

Also helps that Darius was out, we attacked the short to mid range stuff that would have been his bread and butter.

(09-19-2022, 08:19 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 07:48 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Anyone peak over at the clots message board? They're imploding over there and it's glorious

“It’s time to fire everyone and rebuild. From players to GM to coaches.”

We’ve felt your pain, bud. We really have.

...not sure if you cut and pasted from the clots week 2 board, or our own following week 1.

(09-19-2022, 09:44 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 09:27 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: It's so much easier to say we need to work on our 4 min offense after a win than a meltdown.

That's really the only complaint I have, it would have been nice to pick up a few first downs on the last couple drives and drain the clock

I think that if Doug and Press were willing to pull out all the bells and whistles late in the game, they could have moved the sticks. 
They just knew they could punt a few times and still seal a victory. 

They could have run some shallow crossers (which were working all day) , swing passes to ETN, that little screen behind the bunch formation to a back or TE, etc, but they were just playing it safe.

Oh I do agree. Same as I'm pretty sure we could have dropped another 2 tds on them if they stayed on the gas too.

Just saying it would have been great to line up and run it down their throats in that situation. But I'm being nit-picky. I honestly have zero real complaints.

Is it a contract year or something?

(09-19-2022, 02:14 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Is it a contract year or something?

I'm hoping it's better coaching.

(09-19-2022, 03:06 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:

I'm hoping it's better coaching.
Both. Just glad so far he's panning out. I know we're all divided on here with Cam Robinson but it's nice when you're not backfilling the same positions over and over every draft.

Hopefully this team plays well enough to be slotted late in the draft pick wise. Michael Mayer at TE or Rashee Rice at WR would be awesome additions for this offense next year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I appreciate myself for sticking by this team through the good time or two and all the bad times.. This win was personal, this win felt wonderful.. This win was for me.. This win needs to be for all of us..

Go Jags!!

Edit: Fog Dog is a hell of a strain!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-19-2022, 06:00 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I appreciate myself for sticking by this team through the good time or two and all the bad times.. This win was personal, this win felt wonderful.. This win was for me.. This win needs to be for all of us..

Go Jags!!

Nice. Looking to get an old classic back into rotation soon personally. Ol' Sour Diesel.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 06:22 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-19-2022, 06:02 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 06:00 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I appreciate myself for sticking by this team through the good time or two and all the bad times.. This win was personal, this win felt wonderful.. This win was for me.. This win needs to be for all of us..

Go Jags!!

Nice. Looking to get an old classic back into rotation soon personally. Ol' Sour Diesel.

I still recommend Gorilla Glue or Birthday Cake.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-19-2022, 06:21 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 06:02 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Nice. Looking to get an old classic back into rotation soon personally. Ol' Sour Diesel.

I still recommend Gorilla Glue or Birthday Cake.

I saw that online for another dispensary the other day.. Still want to try it.. It's actually related to the Diesel and Chem Dog strains, which in turn, is related to Fog Dog, which I'm on now lolol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

This is his 4th year, so it is indeed a contract year.

(09-19-2022, 07:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

This is his 4th year, so it is indeed a contract year.

If he can play good they rest of the year he might be the first player we finally get a comp pick for in forever

(09-19-2022, 09:03 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 08:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: That bodes well for our interior guys. I wonder how hobbled he is with the injury. 
I thought he was ruled out. Stayed focused on Trevor mores than watching his protection while at the stadium yesterday.
(snap count shows Buckner indeed played 50 out of 71 defensive snaps yesterday)

I was at the game too, Should of gotten up for a drink.  The wave at the end was fun lol.  That game was a blast though I thought the offense was going to give up the shut out when we had like 4 3 and outs at the end but the defense wasn't having it

I’m in section 235. I’ll down for a cold 1 and I don’t drink at all. But if my boys are winning I would be down.