Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 2: Postgame Appreciation Thread

It feels soo good to win.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This wasn't just a win it was an [BLEEP] kicking.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

Just rewatched the highlights. What a performance, brings a smile to my face and will make me happy for the rest of the week.

This game was dominant in virtually every way possible.  I just looked at the team stats.  The only stats the Colts won were:
  • Kickoff Return Yardage - It's hard for the Jaguars' to get kickoff return yardage when the Colts' never score and their only kickoff was the one to start the second half.
  • Average Yards Per Rush - Part of this was due to the Jaguars trying to kill the clock at the end of the game.

They tied on:
  • Safeties - 0 Each
  • Touchdowns that are Neither Passing or Rush - 0 Each

The Jaguars, won the following categories:
  • Touchdowns
  • Rushing Touchdowns
  • Passing Touchdowns
  • Kicking
  • Field Goals
  • Extra Points
  • Total Yards 
  • Total Plays 
  • Average Gain 
  • Time of Possession
  • Total First Downs
  • Rushing First Downs
  • Passing First Downs
  • Penalty First Downs
  • Net Yards Rushing   
  • Net Yards Passing
  • Passing Completions %
  • Yards Per Pass
  • Fewer Sacks while on Offense
  • Fewer Penalties
  • Fewer Turnovers by Offense
  • Fewer Fumbles Lost by Offense
  • Fewer Interceptions Thrown by Offense
  • Longer Average Punts
  • Return Yards
  • Punt Return Yards
  • Interception Return Yards
  • 3rd Down Conversion %
  • 4th Down Conversion %
  • Red Zone Efficiency
  • Goal to Go Efficiency

Well done!

Yup, it was just about as one sided of an [BLEEP] kicking as you can get... And every second of it was beautiful.  Banana

(09-18-2022, 04:12 PM)enigma Wrote: Our Jags shutout the clots 24-0 with a great showing for our first home game at TIAA to go in the win column for a divisional matchup. There's a lot of praise to go around so I'll start it off with:

- Trevor Lawrence: 25/30 235 yds 2 TDs and 0 INTs. Played an excellent game with HIGH EFFICIENCY taking what the defense was giving him. Made no mistakes and LED this team on offense.
- Running game: 37 rushes for 96 yds and 1 TD collectively as a team today. Great to see JRob playing the way he is after his injury and his run for the TD was beautful. ETN is a perfect complement for our duo.
- Pass protection: After last weeks debacle, the O-line really seemed to have come around a bit but I imagine that's also due to the quick-passing nature our coaches have adjusted to rightfully so.
- Receivers: C.Kirk and co finally bringing what we've been missing on our team in a long time. Players who can get open and catch the damn ball. 2 TDs for Kirk and he's absolutely worth the contract he was given. Zay, Marvin and Engram were crucial out there too.
- Defense: As a whole, our defense played LIGHTS out in all 3 levels. Forcing pressures, sacks and turnovers - and like some others have mentioned, this game was reminiscent of the 2017 season. 3 INTs, 5 sacks and 11 PDs.
- Josh Allen: I have to put the spotlight on him specifically because he's been causing HAVOC with his pressures, sacks and forced fumbles. Had 2 sacks today. PAY THE MAN. Amazing how things open up with another playmaker like Walker on the other side.
- Rayshawn Jenkins: Despite all of us knowing he was probably a weak point in our pass defense, he played a tremendous game recording 1 INT, 4 passes defensed and a bevy of hard hitting tackles.
- Riley Patterson: Made a 52 yard kick for us and looked solid through and through. Let's hope he can be our guy at that position so we no longer hold our breath when a kicker is called upon.

And most importantly,

- Doug Pederson and the coaching staff: This win was the product of a superbowl level coach understanding the talent he has in his team and playing to their strengths. The gameplan and play-calling today was SUPERB all day, especially that 4th down call with the QB rollout with the option to run/pass that ended up as a pass TD to C.Kirk. Pederson and his play designs are truly refreshing to see unlike the previous disgraced HC we had on this team. Still can't believe JRob was shelved last year by that idiot.

This was a great win overall and the shutout against a divisional foe makes it that much sweeter. We should have beat the commies last week to be 2-0 but it didn't happen, so on to the next one over in the west coast against the Chargers.

DUUUUUVAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! LETS GO!

What a great post... i wish i could add 2+ positives to this! You're an inspiration and quite honestly, i would love more guys like you around here.

(09-18-2022, 08:39 PM)Jagsman Wrote: Just rewatched the highlights. What a performance, brings a smile to my face and will make me happy for the rest of the week.

Yessir!!! Totally a week long feel good affect...

(09-18-2022, 06:31 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: The change from week one was amazing!
Every aspect of the game was improved...congratulations to the whole team and staff.

It's like someone paid attention and made adjustments. Imagine it!

(09-18-2022, 08:59 PM)MJonesD_32 Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 04:12 PM)enigma Wrote: Our Jags shutout the clots 24-0 with a great showing for our first home game at TIAA to go in the win column for a divisional matchup. There's a lot of praise to go around so I'll start it off with:

- Trevor Lawrence: 25/30 235 yds 2 TDs and 0 INTs. Played an excellent game with HIGH EFFICIENCY taking what the defense was giving him. Made no mistakes and LED this team on offense.
- Running game: 37 rushes for 96 yds and 1 TD collectively as a team today. Great to see JRob playing the way he is after his injury and his run for the TD was beautful. ETN is a perfect complement for our duo.
- Pass protection: After last weeks debacle, the O-line really seemed to have come around a bit but I imagine that's also due to the quick-passing nature our coaches have adjusted to rightfully so.
- Receivers: C.Kirk and co finally bringing what we've been missing on our team in a long time. Players who can get open and catch the damn ball. 2 TDs for Kirk and he's absolutely worth the contract he was given. Zay, Marvin and Engram were crucial out there too.
- Defense: As a whole, our defense played LIGHTS out in all 3 levels. Forcing pressures, sacks and turnovers - and like some others have mentioned, this game was reminiscent of the 2017 season. 3 INTs, 5 sacks and 11 PDs.
- Josh Allen: I have to put the spotlight on him specifically because he's been causing HAVOC with his pressures, sacks and forced fumbles. Had 2 sacks today. PAY THE MAN. Amazing how things open up with another playmaker like Walker on the other side.
- Rayshawn Jenkins: Despite all of us knowing he was probably a weak point in our pass defense, he played a tremendous game recording 1 INT, 4 passes defensed and a bevy of hard hitting tackles.
- Riley Patterson: Made a 52 yard kick for us and looked solid through and through. Let's hope he can be our guy at that position so we no longer hold our breath when a kicker is called upon.

And most importantly,

- Doug Pederson and the coaching staff: This win was the product of a superbowl level coach understanding the talent he has in his team and playing to their strengths. The gameplan and play-calling today was SUPERB all day, especially that 4th down call with the QB rollout with the option to run/pass that ended up as a pass TD to C.Kirk. Pederson and his play designs are truly refreshing to see unlike the previous disgraced HC we had on this team. Still can't believe JRob was shelved last year by that idiot.

This was a great win overall and the shutout against a divisional foe makes it that much sweeter. We should have beat the commies last week to be 2-0 but it didn't happen, so on to the next one over in the west coast against the Chargers.

DUUUUUVAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! LETS GO!

What a great post... i wish i could add 2+ positives to this! You're an inspiration and quite honestly, i would love more guys like you around here.

Lol thanks, I didn't think my post was otherworldly but hey, if it inspired you in that manner then I'm glad it did.

All we want is more of those type of performances from our Jags and it's about time we saw a complete team win on Sunday.

(09-18-2022, 09:11 PM)enigma Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 08:59 PM)MJonesD_32 Wrote: What a great post... i wish i could add 2+ positives to this! You're an inspiration and quite honestly, i would love more guys like you around here.

Lol thanks, I didn't think my post was otherworldly but hey, if it inspired you in that manner then I'm glad it did.

All we want is more of those type of performances from our Jags and it's about time we saw a complete team win on Sunday.

Dude, that post hit me right in the feels tbh. longtime fan... super emotional when i see it clicking like today. 

all i wanna see is PROGRESS, not necessarily wins. Wins are the icing on the cake, just wanna see a competitive team on Sundays.

(09-18-2022, 10:06 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/JimmyJaxJags/status/...8035315714

unbelieveable really...

(09-18-2022, 10:06 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/JimmyJaxJags/status/...8035315714

Thank you Mike Caldwell.

(09-18-2022, 10:11 PM)MJonesD_32 Wrote:

unbelieveable really...

Would be +6 if it wasn't for Trevor's punt style INT in week one. Which really, on that throw, the ball actually slipped out of his hands when he threw it and ended up being a Bortles like wobbly duck.

With that said, still great to see. The Defense had 9 total takeaways throughout all of last season. This Defense already has 6 throughout 2 games.

(09-18-2022, 10:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 10:11 PM)MJonesD_32 Wrote: unbelieveable really...

Would be +6 if it wasn't for Trevor's punt style INT in week one. Which really, on that throw, the ball actually slipped out of his hands when he threw it and ended up being a Bortles like wobbly duck.

With that said, still great to see. The Defense had 9 total takeaways throughout all of last season. This Defense already has 6 throughout 2 games.

Thank you Josh Allen, RRH, Walker and Key...

I would like to bring up the Engram stiff arm on Stephon Gilmore on 3rd & 7 to get the first down and keep the drive alive. Love to see the dominance and effort.

Hopefully this was a preview of what will happen on a weekly basis for this team in the near future

(09-18-2022, 11:19 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Hopefully this was a preview of what will happen on a weekly basis for this team in the near future

Next week will/should be a good test. Out west vs the Chargers. They got some banged up top guys though. Herbert of course with his rib injury and Keenan Allen who didn't play this past Thursday night.

Bosa and Mack are going to be a big test for Cam and Taylor.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 12:14 AM by DuvalProduceMan921. Edited 1 time in total.)

Trevor Lawrence's performance today is a great example of why coaching matters so much in football. You never saw him play this way last season. He's confident, competent and is in total control. He wasn’t looking to do too much and took what was in front of him. Shout out to Doug P and the coaching staff, even ole Jim Bob Cooter. Also, Doug is 1-0 when wearing a visor…

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 07:16 AM by Newton.)

(09-18-2022, 10:17 PM)Jagsman Wrote:

Thank you Mike Caldwell.

So far the returns on the decision to go with a new D coordinator are impressive!

(09-18-2022, 10:52 PM)Jagsman Wrote: I would like to bring up the Engram stiff arm on Stephon Gilmore on 3rd & 7 to get the first down and keep the drive alive. Love to see the dominance and effort.

That was really an important play that depending almost solely on his individual effort to muscle for the extra yards. Really complementary football by the team yesterday. Everyone was doing their job.