Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 2: Postgame Appreciation Thread

(09-19-2022, 12:06 AM)DuvalProduceMan921 Wrote: Trevor Lawrence's performance today is a great example of why coaching matters so much in football. You never saw him play this way last season. He's confident, competent and is in total control. He wasn’t looking to do too much and took what was in front of him. Shout out to Doug P and the coaching staff, even ole Jim Bob Cooter. Also, Doug is 1-0 when wearing a visor…

Would have loved to see Trevor’s stats include that TD pass to Agnew that was dropped, but a great day overall that really passed the eye test.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 07:27 AM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-18-2022, 05:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lloyd had a great game

Lloyd better tighten his tail up and stop shying away at filling lanes. He took a terrible angle on a play where he took a false step and Taylor gashed the defense.

And for all the guys that thinks the oLiNe if tErRibLe. 0 sacks allowed in week 2. It’s amazing what happens when the QB doesn’t bail and makes quick reads.

To add to my already long post, I’ll say my biggest observation from this game is that this is a totally different team from the last few years. Previously, when something would go wrong, the whole thing would fall apart. This game, when something unfortunate happened, the team instead just made the appropriate adjustments. For example, holding on first down, no problem. Trevor Lawrence comes back and throws a laser for a long first down. Agnew drops a pass in the end zone. we rally and get the field goal anyway. That’s the type of thing that good teams do, and we saw that yesterday.

Anyone peak over at the clots message board? They're imploding over there and it's glorious

It's been awhile since I've seen our stadium that electrified to say the least. Everything from the play calling, the on field play, the decibel level and the wave. I'm so hoping that this will be the norm of things to come within the future and beyond.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 08:09 AM by rfc17.)

(09-19-2022, 07:25 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: And for all the guys that thinks the oLiNe if tErRibLe. 0 sacks allowed in week 2. It’s amazing what happens when the QB doesn’t bail and makes quick reads.

I don't agree with this.  It's not as though the offensive line looked bad in week 1 because Lawrence was creating the pressure himself.  The oline just got flat out whipped.  And the team clearly designed the gameplan yesterday against the Colts to get the ball out early.  Partially because of how Bradley runs his defense but also to help the oline out.

(09-19-2022, 07:48 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Anyone peak over at the clots message board? They're imploding over there and it's glorious

“It’s time to fire everyone and rebuild. From players to GM to coaches.”

We’ve felt your pain, bud. We really have.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 08:30 AM by Ronster.)

The Jags played lights out yesterday. They won the turnover battle and didn’t commit a lot of stupid penalties ( with the exception of the taunting call, 15 yards for being stupid). But the they did beat up a team that was primed for an [BLEEP] kicking. The real test will be the Chargers, win this game and they can say they turned a corner. Lose, and its going to be a long season. I’m still not convinced. We’ll see Sunday..
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

The O-Line is a middle of the pack line, so will look good one week and bad the other.

Just like losses are sometimes not as bad as you think, wins can also be not as good as you think. Dont get me wrong, old Jags teams would have stunk up this game big time still, but you gotta factor in that Colts had two road games in a row, a lot of injured players and a weird week of practice and had always had issues in Jacksonville.

On offense Jags could not run the ball and needed a few 4th downs to get to 24 points only even though being plus 3 on turnovers. Colts and Jags Yards per Play was not that much different, Jags just had a lot more plays. Late in the game Jags could not get a first down anymore, even though play calling was conservative of course. Lawrence barely threw past 20yards, I guess that was the game plan you could say and executed perfectly.

Colts message board is very entertaining.

I miss OlineMatters. He would be loving this.

Appreciation thread? Gotta be Doug Pederson.

(09-19-2022, 08:30 AM)Holger Wrote: The O-Line is a middle of the pack line, so will look good one week and bad the other.

Just like losses are sometimes not as bad as you think, wins can also be not as good as you think. Dont get me wrong, old Jags teams would have stunk up this game big time still, but you gotta factor in that Colts had two road games in a row, a lot of injured players and a weird week of practice and had always had issues in Jacksonville.

On offense Jags could not run the ball and needed a few 4th downs to get to 24 points only even though being plus 3 on turnovers. Colts and Jags Yards per Play was not that much different, Jags just had a lot more plays. Late in the game Jags could not get a first down anymore, even though play calling was conservative of course. Lawrence barely threw past 20yards, I guess that was the game plan you could say and executed perfectly.

I agree the line will struggle at vs stronger opponents. It's my chief concern. 
The back seven on defense also need to show me they can play this way vs a better opponent. 

Your last paragraph seems a bit off the mark, however.
They used the run well enough in the first half to move the sticks three times with rushing plays.  One of those turning into a 37 yard rushing TD. 

The short pass was more effective, but that's exactly what your game plan should be vs Gus Bradley. 
He wants to stop the run and makes his back seven play "bend-but-don't break" vs the pass. Which leaves the short stuff ripe for the picking. 

In the second half, they were simply using the run to chew clock and they weren't disguising it - which meant they were running into a loaded box. Don't let the second half approach with a 17 point lead lead you astray about the run game. It will look different from week to week - according to situation and opponent.

(09-19-2022, 07:25 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 05:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lloyd had a great game

Lloyd better tighten his tail up and stop shying away at filling lanes. He took a terrible angle on a play where he took a false step and Taylor gashed the defense.

And for all the guys that thinks the oLiNe if tErRibLe. 0 sacks allowed in week 2. It’s amazing what happens when the QB doesn’t bail and makes quick reads.

This was much more game-plan and facing a suspect pass rush with their best DT out with injury than it was our OL. 
They dialed up quick hit passes to counter Bradley's predictable defense that gives that stuff up to protect deeper routes and the line didn't need to protect as long. 

I really hope this line can play like that every week, but I doubt that we are so fortunate.

(09-19-2022, 08:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 07:25 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Lloyd better tighten his tail up and stop shying away at filling lanes. He took a terrible angle on a play where he took a false step and Taylor gashed the defense.

This was much more game-plan and facing a suspect pass rush with their best DT out with injury than it was our OL. 

They dialed up quick hit passes to counter Bradley's predictable defense that gives that stuff up to protect deeper routes and the line didn't need to protect as long. 

I really hope this line can play like that every week, but I doubt that we are so fortunate.
Buckner played

(09-19-2022, 08:55 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 08:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Buckner played

That bodes well for our interior guys. I wonder how hobbled he is with the injury. 
I thought he was ruled out. Stayed focused on Trevor mores than watching his protection while at the stadium yesterday.
(snap count shows Buckner indeed played 50 out of 71 defensive snaps yesterday)

(09-19-2022, 08:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 08:55 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Buckner played

That bodes well for our interior guys. I wonder how hobbled he is with the injury. 
I thought he was ruled out. Stayed focused on Trevor mores than watching his protection while at the stadium yesterday.

I was at the game too, Should of gotten up for a drink.  The wave at the end was fun lol.  That game was a blast though I thought the offense was going to give up the shut out when we had like 4 3 and outs at the end but the defense wasn't having it

(09-19-2022, 09:03 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 08:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: That bodes well for our interior guys. I wonder how hobbled he is with the injury. 

I was at the game too, Should of gotten up for a drink.  The wave at the end was fun lol.  That game was a blast though I thought the offense was going to give up the shut out when we had like 4 3 and outs at the end but the defense wasn't having it

Next time.
I'm buying. 

It was pretty cool how the defense toughed it out to secure the shutout. Gritty performance. Colts offense just looked completely demoralized at that point too. 
Can't really blame Pederson for going conservative in the 4th Q with that lead on offense. They kept their foot on the gas long enough to that point.

(09-19-2022, 09:07 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 09:03 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I was at the game too, Should of gotten up for a drink.  The wave at the end was fun lol.  That game was a blast though I thought the offense was going to give up the shut out when we had like 4 3 and outs at the end but the defense wasn't having it

Next time.
I'm buying. 

It was pretty cool how the defense toughed it out to secure the shutout. Gritty performance. Colts offense just looked completely demoralized at that point too. 
Can't really blame Pederson for going conservative in the 4th Q with that lead on offense. They kept their foot on the gas long enough to that point.

Sounds good,  yeah I'm good with Doug running the clock down. The last thing we needed was a turnovers to give them some life or momentum.  I'm very happy with the way the whole game turned out. It was a full team win all the way around

It's so much easier to say we need to work on our 4 min offense after a win than a meltdown.

That's really the only complaint I have, it would have been nice to pick up a few first downs on the last couple drives and drain the clock

(09-19-2022, 09:27 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: It's so much easier to say we need to work on our 4 min offense after a win than a meltdown.

That's really the only complaint I have, it would have been nice to pick up a few first downs on the last couple drives and drain the clock

I think that if Doug and Press were willing to pull out all the bells and whistles late in the game, they could have moved the sticks. 
They just knew they could punt a few times and still seal a victory. 

They could have run some shallow crossers (which were working all day) , swing passes to ETN, that little screen behind the bunch formation to a back or TE, etc, but they were just playing it safe.