Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Watch it again CHALLENGE

Step 1: go back and watch the game again and keep an eye on RT Taylor every play. If you don’t have access to the full game then watch the highlights. 

Step 2: Come back here and tell us your findings with an honest assessment.  

For the fans who keep saying over and over that pressure is coming from the right side, please take part in this challenge.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I always rewatch our games BUT I don't have to do so to evaluate the play of Taylor. He's Much More than a serviceable RT. Overall the OL played good.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(09-19-2022, 07:20 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Step 1: go back and watch the game again and keep an eye on RT Taylor every play. If you don’t have access to the full game then watch the highlights. 

For the fans who keep saying over and over that pressure is coming from the right side, please take part in this challenge.

Haven't rewatched week 2 yet, but in week one it was Robinson. Bartch and sometimes Fortner. 
Scherff gave up more than you'd expect from a vet with his experience and track record and Taylor was solid, sometimes even looking quite good. 

I did make one comment post-game in week one pointing a finger at Taylor, but I was wrong. 
The play I remembered incorrectly was Robinson giving up pressure- I had it flipped.

I look forward to rewatching week 2 to analyze his play more. I hope he is legitimately taking a step forward. 
Would be a big help to this patchwork line to have a RT we can't count on more often than not. 
I'll post again after rewatching

PFF grades typically reflect performance well when it comes to play in the trenches.

Am I surprised Taylor is playing well? Yes... annnnd then again, no.

He was a highly rated prospect that fell to us in RD2. He's in a contract year. The media was putting him on the spot about moving to guard, having Little behind him in an open competition, etc.

Maybe Taylor just needed a little kick to his [BLEEP] publicly to get him going. All's fair. Now keep it up!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-19-2022, 09:17 AM)Caldrac Wrote: PFF grades typically reflect performance well when it comes to play in the trenches.

Am I surprised Taylor is playing well? Yes... annnnd then again, no.

He was a highly rated prospect that fell to us in RD2. He's in a contract year. The media was putting him on the spot about moving to guard, having Little behind him in an open competition, etc.

Maybe Taylor just needed a little kick to his [BLEEP] publicly to get him going. All's fair. Now keep it up!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I don't think there is any doubt the competition over the off season has mad him better.  Before he never had any competition there and was pretty much handed the RT spot without earning it

I am not going to get too crazy on over evaluating week 1 or week 2. This team is a work in progress. There isn't much told you so right now with the team. The Colts are in trouble this year and we are getting better so it is a very favorable setting for this young team.

Honestly, it would have been nice to see better execution on the running plays. I think that will come as Robinson and ETN move further past their injuries. The short passing game was a nice game plan. Honestly Tom Brady destroyed teams with it forever. I like the controlled aggression out of Coach Pederson. Takes some real giblets to go for it near midfield. He was really comfortable with the defense this week.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-19-2022, 07:20 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Step 1: go back and watch the game again and keep an eye on RT Taylor every play. If you don’t have access to the full game then watch the highlights. 

The only play I could criticize was the screen pass that he was running trail blocking for the runner. Usually you want the tackle to lead block, but maybe the coaches are onto something here Big Grin 

Taylor is doing well, and it's good to see. He'll have his hands full this coming weekend.

Looks like zeroes across the board in all graded categories.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I am hoping it's better coaching.  In his first 3 years, Taylor's offensive line coach was George Warhop who had a bad reputation.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 05:28 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

I haven’t rewatched week 2 yet, but I didn’t credit any of Washington’s D-Linemen beating Taylor in week 1 upon review.  Everyone else on our line got beat at least once with Scherff’s being kinda iffy so I think he played well week 1 also.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 07:17 PM by JagFanatic24.)

(09-19-2022, 08:06 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Haven't rewatched week 2 yet, but in week one it was Robinson. Bartch and sometimes Fortner. 
Scherff gave up more than you'd expect from a vet with his experience and track record and Taylor was solid, sometimes even looking quite good. 

I did make one comment post-game in week one pointing a finger at Taylor, but I was wrong. 
The play I remembered incorrectly was Robinson giving up pressure- I had it flipped.

I look forward to rewatching week 2 to analyze his play more. I hope he is legitimately taking a step forward. 
Would be a big help to this patchwork line to have a RT we can't count on more often than not. 
I'll post again after rewatching

Looking forward to your findings.

(09-19-2022, 05:02 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

I haven’t rewatched week 2 yet, but I didn’t credit any of Washington’s D-Linemen beating Taylor in week 1 upon review.  Everyone else on our line got beat at least once with Scherff’s being kinda iffy so I think he played well week 1 also.

I thought the same. I honestly think Taylor needed a kick in the pants.

(09-19-2022, 11:47 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Looks like zeroes across the board in all graded categories.

Facts are facts. Our boy is actually ballin. Dude is very athletic for his size. Great footwork and strong. I watched him reposition a rusher at one point. DE almost beat him, and Taylor stood him up and neutralized him. Impressive stuff. 

I’m not saying he’s an All Pro, but him and Robinson are playing pretty dang good right now.

Let's sew how he does against Mack. If he can win his matchup our chances of a win go up a good bit

(09-19-2022, 07:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Let's sew how he does against Mack.  If he can win his matchup our chances of a win go up a good bit

The way he is playing right now, I like those odds.

Taylor played a great game.

Wasn't asked to do too much with all the quick hit passes, but he looked very good.

Was out of position on the first TE screen and always looks lost when he goes second level to block, but he's protecting his side well for Trevor.Great to see it.

Next week is a big challenge. Hope he keeps it up.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2022, 06:50 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-20-2022, 03:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Taylor played a great game.

Wasn't asked to do too much with all the quick hit passes, but he looked very good.

Was out of position on the first TE screen and always looks lost when he goes second level to block, but he's protecting his side well for Trevor.Great to see it.

Next week is a big challenge. Hope he keeps it up.

Respect brother. I appreciate the honest assessment. I saw the same thing. Huge week coming up over on the west coast.