Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DFJ stance change

Quote:He's a rookie for all intents and purposes.

Not the only one that defines what a rookie is.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:One would think that's to be expected though amirite? He spent all of last year rehabbing so for him not to be conditioned to play a full game should be understandable. They've also mentioned Jack's conditioning too. He was basically in the same predicament. I didn't take that as a knock against Myles. Gus brought up that Fowler spent his player's day off at the stadium working on his conditioning. I didn't get a vibe that they were disappointed in him. I took it as him becoming that pro and doing what he needs to do to make sure he's ready.
So why didn't they play Fowler a lot more in the preseason? Perhaps they should have continued ramping him up in game 3 instead of not playing him until late in the 1st Q and not at all in the 2nd half. Perhaps they should have played him period in the 4th game. At least Jack got plenty of game reps to help with his conditioning. 

Quote:If you read between the lines it seems they ain't happy with Fowler at all.

You would be really good at coming up with news stories for TMZ

Quote:So why didn't they play Fowler a lot more in the preseason? Perhaps they should have continued ramping him up in game 3 instead of not playing him until late in the 1st Q and not at all in the 2nd half. Perhaps they should have played him period in the 4th game. At least Jack got plenty of game reps to help with his conditioning. 

I think Myles Jack played a lot because we don't know what to do with him yet. The coaches know Fowler is going to be our Leo. However I did think he should have played more against the Bengals.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2016, 09:05 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:So why didn't they play Fowler a lot more in the preseason? Perhaps they should have continued ramping him up in game 3 instead of not playing him until late in the 1st Q and not at all in the 2nd half. Perhaps they should have played him period in the 4th game. At least Jack got plenty of game reps to help with his conditioning.
Maybe because he's coming off a season ending injury? They played it safe and that's OK. It's a 17 week season. I'm sure everyone would be ready to jump down Bradley's throat if Fowler was out there for an extended time and tweaked his knee or even worse, re-tore his ACL.

Jack missed most of OTA's and mini camp did he not? He's just catching up to the rest of the group at this point.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Maybe because he's coming off a season ending injury? They played it safe and that's OK. It's a 17 week season. I'm sure everyone would be ready to jump down Bradley's throat if Fowler was out there for an extended time and tweaked his knee or even worse, re-tore his ACL.

It has been long enough that his knee should be OK. He is in the "getting confidence back" stage of recovery, if anything.

Quote:You would be really good at coming up with news stories for TMZ

Really? What are their new stories like?

I don't think they wanted to give him too much exposure in the preseason, seemed to me like he was specifically working on his bullrush when he did play.  I think they were trying to hide his explosiveness off the edge to take the first couple opponents by surprise.  Lets wait a month into the regular season before we decide what Fowler is or isn't.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:I don't think they wanted to give him too much exposure in the preseason, seemed to me like he was specifically working on his bullrush when he did play.  I think they were trying to hide his explosiveness off the edge to take the first couple opponents by surprise.  Lets wait a month into the regular season before we decide what Fowler is or isn't.

How about let's wait until the end of his third season? We saw what a difference a year makes on offense.

Quote:You mean a rookie minicamp walkthrough in April?

Just stop...

As I recall, he managed only a few snaps in his first minicamp practice.

BTW, I recall plenty of people calling Joeckel a rookie in his 2nd year despite him starting in five games as a rookie.

'02

Quote:LOL... the "why now?!" crowd...

Absolutely NONE of them saying anything about his stance themselves before hearing this...

yeah. just like evry1 all studying Blake's mechanics after hearing Collinsworth "Chung-Torture" their minds. (For all my Veepies out there)
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:You forgot the best one: "Demonstrate your spirit man!"
this ran its course a long long time ago

Quote:As I recall, he managed only a few snaps in his first minicamp practice.

BTW, I recall plenty of people calling Joeckel a rookie in his 2nd year despite him starting in five games as a rookie.

That was even worse. Luke Joeckel was playing his fifth regular season game when his ankle broke.

Quote:What are you talking about, hes the next Von Miller. (First couple of days training camp talk)

Grow up.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]