Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DFJ stance change

Quote:Why not do this earlier...

You gotta make sure it's broken before you fix it.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:That's the vibe I've got from them after the talk of Fowler needing to become more of a pro and that he has been doing extra conditioning.

One would think that's to be expected though amirite? He spent all of last year rehabbing so for him not to be conditioned to play a full game should be understandable. They've also mentioned Jack's conditioning too. He was basically in the same predicament. I didn't take that as a knock against Myles. Gus brought up that Fowler spent his player's day off at the stadium working on his conditioning. I didn't get a vibe that they were disappointed in him. I took it as him becoming that pro and doing what he needs to do to make sure he's ready.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

lol they're reaching now

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:One would think that's to be expected though amirite? He spent all of last year rehabbing so for him not to be conditioned to play a full game should be understandable. They've also mentioned Jack's conditioning too. He was basically in the same predicament. I didn't take that as a knock against Myles. Gus brought up that Fowler spent his player's day off at the stadium working on his conditioning. I didn't get a vibe that they were disappointed in him. I took it as him becoming that pro and doing what he needs to do to make sure he's ready.

I suppose the conditioning is a fair point. When you hear them talk to the media about him needing to work harder in the film room and as a pro in general after two poor preason games that basically says to me that he has not been up to their standard. He may well have upped his game in the last two weeks.

Quote:Nothing wrong with helping Fowler as you said he is essentially a rookie. Just think the comments to the media about him show that they havn't been entirely happy with his preparation/performance.

Who cares what the coaches say publicly? Disappointment with his preparation and performance says nothing about how much we like him as a DE or LB.

Quote:You gotta make sure it's broken before you fix it.

Yep. If it is not broke, don't fix it.

Quote:What are you talking about, hes the next Von Miller. (First couple of days training camp talk)
He has played three preseason games, how can you come to the conclusion he can't make that big of an impact one day?

Like good lord. The leash people have for players on this board is crazy. He's a rookie out there, he has yet to play in one regular season game. Give him some time. Take a look at Khalil Mack's whomping 4 sacks his rookie year. I'd say Mack is getting close to that level of Von Miller when it comes to disruptiveness/impact.

LOL... the "why now?!" crowd...

Absolutely NONE of them saying anything about his stance themselves before hearing this...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:He has played three preseason games, how can you come to the conclusion he can't make that big of an impact one day?

Like good lord. The leash people have for players on this board is crazy. He's a rookie out there, he has yet to play in one regular season game. Give him some time. Take a look at Khalil Mack's whomping 4 sacks his rookie year. I'd say Mack is getting close to that level of Von Miller when it comes to disruptiveness/impact.

One of my pet peeves on this forum is people calling Dante Fowler a rookie. You all know the definition of rookie is first year in the NFL, which for Fowler was 2015. Only people on this forum call him a rookie.

Quote:One of my pet peeves on this forum is people calling Dante Fowler a rookie. You all know the definition of rookie is first year in the NFL, which for Fowler was 2015. Only people on this forum call him a rookie.
He didn't play a single snap in the league last year. He's a rookie. 

Quote:He didn't play a single snap in the league last year. He's a rookie. 

He was paid.

Quote:He was paid.
I don't care. He's a rookie when it comes to playing in the NFL which is all people are talking about. He obviously was IN the league last year, no one's disputing that. But when you don't play a single snap in the regular season, or even a single practice, I'm going to list you as a rookie (as what others are saying as well).

Quote:I don't care. He's a rookie when it comes to playing in the NFL which is all people are talking about. He obviously was IN the league last year, no one's disputing that. But when you don't play a single snap in the regular season, or even a single practice, I'm going to list you as a rookie (as what others are saying as well).

The only thing that matters is when he signed his rookie contract. He did it in 2015. This is just his first year playing, not first in the NFL.

Quote:The only thing that matters is when he signed his rookie contract. He did it in 2015. This is just his first year playing, not first in the NFL.
You go ahead and care about what we're calling him then. He has zero experience in the NFL and hasn't played what so ever, so I (and everyone else besides you), will call him a rookie. Hell, Oesher and others have even stated he's basically another rookie added to our class/he's basically a rookie out there playing right now. Why? Because he hasn't played in the NFL until this year.

You care about some BS about him being paid last year over him actually playing, which is why people are calling him a rookie.

Not really a rookie when you get a full year to learn the playbook and scheme which really hasn't changed much.

Quote:Not really a rookie when you get a full year to learn the playbook and scheme which really hasn't changed much.
When your talking about a professional sport, learning in the playbook and watching film is great and all but your not going to improve or know what you need to work on when your sitting on your [BLEEP]. The only way you can make improvements and work on conditioning (which is what Fowler is getting ragged on for thus far) is by going out there and playing in the grass like Wash said today.

I'm fairly sure he knows the playbook and has a great grasp of it. I haven't heard anyone say otherwise. 

I have heard tons upon tons of people say "Man, this years draft class is great, and you can basically add Fowler to it since he didn't play at all last year. He's going to basically be a rookie out there since he has yet to play a down for the Jaguars." That wasn't just on this forum. I'm sure if you go back and watch video on Jaguars.com they'll say it, countless media people said it when talking about the Jaguars draft class, etc.

No idea why it's so frowned upon, I don't view a guy as anything more than a rookie when the year before when he was drafted he was out the entire year. I'm pretty sure this year he'll be in the running for ROY if he produces as well, no?

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2016, 07:07 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:You go ahead and care about what we're calling him then. He has zero experience in the NFL and hasn't played what so ever, so I (and everyone else besides you), will call him a rookie. Hell, Oesher and others have even stated he's basically another rookie added to our class/he's basically a rookie out there playing right now. Why? Because he hasn't played in the NFL until this year.

You care about some [BAD WORD REMOVED] about him being paid last year over him actually playing, which is why people are calling him a rookie.

Zero experience is incorrect. He got hurt in practice after going to meetings and reading the playbook.

Quote:Not really a rookie when you get a full year to learn the playbook and scheme which really hasn't changed much.

He's a rookie for all intents and purposes.

Quote:Zero experience is incorrect. He got hurt in practice after going to meetings and reading the playbook.
You mean a rookie minicamp walkthrough in April?

Just stop...