Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rookie Wide Receivers

Prior to the draft, many on here expected the Jaguars to take a wide receiver in 2nd round or at least somewhere later in the draft.  As such, I was curious of the performance of rookie wide receivers through week 2.  I know it's early and rookies sometimes take time to develop, but outside of the first round, they have had minimal production up to this point.  

Below are receiving yards for the Day 2 (Second and Third) draft picks:

• Christian Watson 43 Yards
  • Skyy Moore 30 Yards
  • George Pickens 26 Yards
  • David Bell 6 Yards
  • Wan'Dale Robinson 5 Yards
  • 6 Players Tied with 0 Yards

If you look at Day 3 (Fourth through Seventh Round), you have:
  • Kyle Philips 71 Yards
  • Romeo Doubs 64 Yards
  • 9 Players Tied with 0 Yards

Keep in mind that those are totals (not averages) through two games.  There also has yet to be a touchdown by a wide receiver not taken in the first round.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Trading up for Lloyd was definitely the right move. He was the best LB in the draft, the BPA, and a big need. Glad Trent made the move.

(09-20-2022, 03:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Trading up for Lloyd was definitely the right move.  He was the best LB in the draft, the BPA, and a big need.  Glad Trent made the move.

This very post right here.

Curious why the R1 receivers were left out, unless they were not seen as likely to be picked by the good guys?

The draft is about the future, especially at wr. There's little point in worrying about what they've done so far. Their success will be measured in a few years.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2022, 12:19 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

Garrett Wilson had a huge game in the Jets comeback win over the Brownies.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

London has been a beast so far

London and Wilson have both established themselves as the true #1 receivers for their teams. Wilson leads in RedZone targets which is nuts.

(09-20-2022, 03:21 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 03:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Trading up for Lloyd was definitely the right move.  He was the best LB in the draft, the BPA, and a big need.  Glad Trent made the move.

This very post right here.

Curious why the R1 receivers were left out, unless they were not seen as likely to be picked by the good guys?

I didn't mention the first round because I didn't see them as likely options for the Jaguars.  They all went between #8 overall and #18 overall.  That's a reach at #1 overall and a very long ways to trade up from #33.  I guess we could have traded down from #1.

If curious, round 1 has done fairly well:  

Drake London 160 Yards, 1 TD
Garrett Wilson 154 Yards, 2 TD's
Chris Olave, 121 Yards, 0 TD's
Treylon Burks, 102 Yards, 0 TD's
Jahan Dotson, 99 Yards, 3 TD's
Jameson Williams - Has not played.

(09-20-2022, 10:16 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 03:21 PM)Mikey Wrote: This very post right here.

I didn't mention the first round because I didn't see them as likely options for the Jaguars.  They all went between #8 overall and #18 overall.  That's a reach at #1 overall and a very long ways to trade up from #33.  I guess we could have traded down from #1.

The Lions traded up to in the top 15 to take Jameson Williams. I really wanted the Jags to do that because Jameson gives them something they’ve never had.

(09-21-2022, 07:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 10:16 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I didn't mention the first round because I didn't see them as likely options for the Jaguars.  They all went between #8 overall and #18 overall.  That's a reach at #1 overall and a very long ways to trade up from #33.  I guess we could have traded down from #1.

The Lions traded up to in the top 15 to take Jameson Williams. I really wanted the Jags to do that because Jameson gives them something they’ve never had.

What's that? When I think of all time dominant WRs Megatron is one of the first to come to mind.

(09-21-2022, 08:48 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(09-21-2022, 07:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: The Lions traded up to in the top 15 to take Jameson Williams. I really wanted the Jags to do that because Jameson gives them something they’ve never had.

What's that? When I think of all time dominant WRs Megatron is one of the first to come to mind.
The Jags have never had speed like Jameson. Dude likely would have ran a low 4.3 or faster at the combine.

(09-21-2022, 09:20 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-21-2022, 08:48 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: What's that? When I think of all time dominant WRs Megatron is one of the first to come to mind.
The Jags have never had speed like Jameson. Dude likely would have ran a low 4.3 or faster at the combine.

Sorry, I thought when you said "them" you meant the lions. I'd say if we had Jameson he would be the most talented guy since Jimmy.

(09-20-2022, 10:16 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 03:21 PM)Mikey Wrote: This very post right here.

I’m getting that production out of Kirk, and still picked Lloyd.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2022, 07:19 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-21-2022, 07:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 10:16 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I didn't mention the first round because I didn't see them as likely options for the Jaguars.  They all went between #8 overall and #18 overall.  That's a reach at #1 overall and a very long ways to trade up from #33.  I guess we could have traded down from #1.

The Lions had pick 32 and 34.  We would of likely had to give up our 1st next year. So we would have no 1st next year, no Lloyd, and a guy that wont even play till later on in the year.  Im glad we didnt do that. Goff has some weapons when he does get healthy though. St Brown is a beast and is playing like one of the best WRs in the league. Not to mention Hock, Chark, and Swift. A lot of weapons.

(09-21-2022, 07:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-21-2022, 07:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: The Lions traded up to in the top 15 to take Jameson Williams. I really wanted the Jags to do that because Jameson gives them something they’ve never had.

The Lions had pick 32 and 34.  We would of likely had to give up our 1st next year. So we would have no 1st next year, no Lloyd, and a guy that wont even play till later on in the year.  Im glad we didnt do that.  Goff has some weapons when he does get healthy though.  St Brown is a beast and is playing like one of the best WRs in the league.  Not to mention Hock, Chark, and Swift.  A lot of weapons.

It's a little off topic because they aren't rookies, but if people are curious about our former wide receivers through week 2:

Chark: 52 Yards, 1 TD
Shenault:  0 Yards, 0 TD's (Game Day Inactive Both Weeks)
Treadwell:  0 Yards, 0 TD's (Practice Squad Player)

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2022, 10:03 PM by Big Dougy P. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-21-2022, 06:04 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

I’m getting that production out of Kirk, and still picked Lloyd.

Kirk has 195 yards, 5th in the NFL. Better than all of these guys.

Very interesting.