Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
In Baalke I trust! WALKER was a force on the field today.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 07:37 PM by OG-JAGFAN. Edited 1 time in total.)

It may not show up in the stat sheets. Walker played a great game. Multiple times he collapse the pocket. He drew I believe 2 holding penalties but should have been about 6. I also believe a few pressures. He had a near int as well. A Very impressive dominant force on the field.

This roster is looking very balanced.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 07:41 PM by Newton.)

I agree. When I watch closely, it looks like his whole side the line tends to just get pushed back, collapsing or pushing the pocket.

The play he made to defense a pass and then another to stop the runner on the stretch play on 3rd and 1 exemplify why he is special.

Seeing Walker and Allen forcing the pocket to collapse on nearly every play is art

Baalke is starting to win my respect. Let's see how we end the season. Trayvon Walker looks like a bonafide great pick though. And that wasn't a gimme.
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 09:57 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-25-2022, 09:49 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Baalke is starting to win my respect. Let's see how we end the season. Trayvon Walker looks like a bonafide great pick though. And that wasn't a gimme.

Says the guy who said he was an unqualified failure. Spare us please. Its fun to watch backtracking in action. If we fall short of winning the SB is he still a failure?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 10:57 PM by The Eleventh Doctor. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-25-2022, 09:56 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 09:49 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Baalke is starting to win my respect. Let's see how we end the season. Trayvon Walker looks like a bonafide great pick though. And that wasn't a gimme.

Says the guy who said he was an unqualified failure. Spare us please.  Its fun to watch backtracking in action. If we fall short of winning the SB is he still a failure?

Said it at the beginning of the season: 6+ wins and Baalke would earn a second chance in my opinion. 7+ and I'd consider it real progress. Keep your strawmen, though! I'm sure it's fun tilting at windmills.
I was wrong about Trent Baalke.