Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shoutout to Doug Pederson and staff

Turdan Meyer would never turned this franchise around; ever.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Jaguars are poised to make the playoffs in back to back seasons for the first time since 1998 and 1999 and also have a chance to win their division 2 years in a row for just the 2nd time in franchise history.

As a Jaguars fan since 1993 I would like to pass some fan advice for any Jaguars fans that came along after the new millennium to present.

I remember 1996 Falcons game like it was last week. Then the following weeks win in Buffalo. Then the Denver win after that. I was at the stadium when they flew over. In 1998 Taylor set the league on fire and the following year we were kingpins

In 2000 we were Super Bowl favorites and then it all ended what seemed like overnight. I thought we would rebound each year after that but I learned it don’t work like that.

My advice to Jaguars fans after 2000 is to enjoy the playoff seasons while they are here because you could look up in 4 years and your head coach be fired, or your best offensive lineman (Boselli), be traded and/or signed to a division rival.

Your best DE could get injured like Brackens did. Your franchise QB could tear his knee up like Brunell did or your RB could have an injury like Fred did.

The stadium went from 70,000 fans to Winn-Dixie couldn’t give away tickets for free because the team stunk.

Just enjoy it while it’s here and now.

(11-27-2023, 11:24 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The Jaguars are poised to make the playoffs in back to back seasons for the first time since 1998 and 1999 and also have a chance to win their division 2 years in a row for just the 2nd time in franchise history.

As a Jaguars fan since 1993 I would like to pass some fan advice for any Jaguars fans that came along after the new millennium to present.

I remember 1996 Falcons game like it was last week. Then the following weeks win in Buffalo. Then the Denver win after that. I was at the stadium when they flew over. In 1998 Taylor set the league on fire and the following year we were kingpins

In 2000 we were Super Bowl favorites and then it all ended what seemed like overnight. I thought we would rebound each year after that but I learned it don’t work like that.

My advice to Jaguars fans after 2000 is to enjoy the playoff seasons while they are here because you could look up in 4 years and your head coach be fired, or your best offensive lineman (Boselli), be traded and/or signed to a division rival.

Your best DE could get injured like Brackens did. Your franchise QB could tear his knee up like Brunell did or your RB could have an injury like Fred did.

The stadium went from 70,000 fans to Winn-Dixie couldn’t give away tickets for free because the team stunk.

100%
Enjoy this fans, be loud and proud
We say its going to be a 10 year run, but there will be plenty of opportunities for heartache so celebrate when you can.
The bills are showing nothing is guaranteed.

(11-27-2023, 11:24 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The Jaguars are poised to make the playoffs in back to back seasons for the first time since 1998 and 1999 and also have a chance to win their division 2 years in a row for just the 2nd time in franchise history.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I moved to Germany in 2000 and never saw another game until the 2004 season. I had no clue we were SB favorites in 2000. Never knew about Coughlin, Brunnell, Boselli, Hollis, etc., leaving or any of it until I returned to the U.S. I remember the first game I watched in 2004 was a shocker because the team looked nothing like it did when I left.

I was so confused. Lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!