Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 4: Jags vs Eagles

That Eagles Defense had 9 sacks today.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We need Griffin back for this game

I have concern for this and the ravens game because of the running QBs. We can adjust, just need to keep contain and rush with discipline.

Its funny because it seems the Eagles still run the same offense Pederson installed there. Or very similar to it.

And I would think that Doug will really want this game too.

Wondering how much we need to fear the AFC West swing now. Bonkos and Raiders are both bad, and Chiefs are now exposed as beatable. We may blow right thru that string of games and come out 3-1 or 4-0 against them.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I'm not sure our interior pressure is good enough to stop Hurts. On the flip side, Fletcher Cox looked like Aaron Donald today. If we can execute a plan like we did today though we will have a chance, but I doubt we beat them in a blow out fashion. The Eagles may be an elite team this year.

Dis gonna be a really good game

Hope we win

I want bragging rights over my Eagles mate

(09-25-2022, 09:20 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I think Philly will be the underdog next week.

Lol? Philly will be 6 point favorites at home.

(09-25-2022, 09:20 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I think Philly will be the underdog next week.

They are 7 point favorites

(09-25-2022, 09:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: What kind of reception will Doug get in Philly? I'm thinking they'll cheer him, but you never know with that crowd.

From what I understand, he's still wildly loved there. He won that city their first title, how could you not tbh?

This game is interesting in the fact that I think if we shut down Philly's rushing attack it's lights out. Need an answer for their QB though, not the best arm but the dual threat stuff they do is pretty impressive and has worked wonders for them so far this year.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 10:48 AM by Caldrac.)

Have to keep Hurts in front of you. You cannot get caught up in man to man coverage. He'll run downfield on you. Lloyd probably stands a good chance to spy him in this game. Smith on the outside is truly fast. Safety play and help has to be on point. May need to see more Key Vs. Smoot in this one just because it feels like Key has a more ideal skill set to chase after Hurts.

Goedert can be a back breaker on 3rd down situations. Defensively they're pretty good as well. They held the Vikings to a TD and the Commanders to a TD after getting into that shootout with Detroit in the opener.

Here's my biggest thing. Lawrence has to start off hot. The first few drives to start were not too pretty. This is the next step for him. Start off early. March downfield on them and punch that damn football into the endzone. It's going to be an emotionally charged game.

I think the team wants this win for Doug. I think Doug wants this win more than anybody. I could see him pulling out the Philly Special here in this game if the situation presents itself.

I also feel like we just need to see it from Etienne. This is that game where I want to SEE him takeover the game. Every week he seems to be improving and he seems to keep getting worked more and more into the offense.

It's week four. You're looking at a 3 - 0 team on the road. The current NFC favorite. I want to see Etienne break off a 50 yarder now like Robinson has done in virtually every game this year. Don't care if it's a run, screen or swing route. Just break the game open.

I also feel like the TE position has been quietly shelved in favor of the WR position. Which is fine. Now I think it's time to throw some new looks out there. Philadelphia has three games of film to look at. They know about Robinson. They know Kirk is the man in motion. They know what Zay and Marvin can do.

It's just a match up where you know this defense is going to sell out and prevent something from happening consistently and it's really been Etienne and the TE group kind of just flashing but not outright taking a drive or game over. This is the game to do it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 12:29 PM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 1 time in total.)

Well the Eagles fans aren't respecting anything we've done thus far. Have to cover Smith. Not sure who we're putting on him but he clowned the Commies.

Eagles board says we won't show up in consecutive road games, and the Chargers were handicapped. We're still a joke to them. Probably for the best.

I’m back in So what? Now what? mode already.

We’ve seen we can win handily on the west coast. Now let’s see how we do against a next tier opponent. Moving on.

Smoot just said he wants to get this win for Doug

Nice read on their message board. Thanks for the link.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 02:43 PM by Big Dougy P. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-25-2022, 11:17 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Wondering how much we need to fear the AFC West swing now. Bonkos and Raiders are both bad, and Chiefs are now exposed as beatable.  We may blow right thru that string of games and come out 3-1 or 4-0 against them.

Cannot believe i'm saying this, but if the Colts can keep Mahomes at bay.. our D can do better.

(09-26-2022, 09:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.eaglesmessageboard.com/topic...g-to-town/

I love the title of that thread haha! respect finally.

From that post also:
1 minute ago, Portyansky said:
I kinda hope one of their fans will come here and create a post.... That Washington fan made it fun. ?

Wonder if it was Leadcommander lmao.

UPDATE: L0OL IT WAS THE LEAD COMMANDER, THIS GUY HAHAHAH

https://www.eaglesmessageboard.com/topic...start-but/

Lane Johnson vs Walker is a matchip I can't wait to see

Football Outsiders
@fboutsiders
·
1h
There is only one team in the top five of both offense and defense DVOA.

The Jacksonville Jaguars.

#NFL | #DUUUVAL

https://twitter.com/fboutsiders/status/1...0968710151
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

shout out to the 42-10 boom guy, he was so close yesterday