Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Will Trevor improve to be our guy where we give him a 2nd contract and be a top 10 QB?
This poll is closed.
Yes
42.44%
73 42.44%
No
57.56%
99 57.56%
Total 172 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Will Trevor figure it out and be our franchise QB?

(10-10-2022, 09:10 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: If my confidence in Trevor to end up "the guy" was 100 after the Chargers game, it's maybe a 98 right now. He'll be fine. This is his rookie year in my eyes. I'm completely writing off last year altogether. He's also the youngest starting QB in the league right now. He's a full year younger than Kenny Pickett.

The only QBs younger than him in the NFL right now are:

Trey Lance (injured)
Sam Howell
Brock Purdy

That's it. He's younger than Ridder, Willis, Zappe, Wilson. He's even younger than Will Levis, the QB for Kentucky

This ^ 

I'm at maybe 96, but, this ^

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-10-2022, 09:10 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: If my confidence in Trevor to end up "the guy" was 100 after the Chargers game, it's maybe a 98 right now. He'll be fine. This is his rookie year in my eyes. I'm completely writing off last year altogether. He's also the youngest starting QB in the league right now. He's a full year younger than Kenny Pickett.

The only QBs younger than him in the NFL right now are:

Trey Lance (injured)
Sam Howell
Brock Purdy

That's it. He's younger than Ridder, Willis, Zappe, Wilson. He's even younger than Will Levis, the QB for Kentucky

Heck, Kenny Pickett is 16 months older than Trevor.

Lol .... the QB from the Tennessee Vols (Hendon Hooker) is 10 months older than Trevor.

Get a 2nd contract and be our franchise QB? Yes

Be a top 10 QB? I'm seriously having issues with this right now.

Simple answer? Yes..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Trayvon Walker says Lawrence needs to figure it out or he will throw him to the ground. Ha!

Now the classic age excuse

I seen jet fans fo the same crap with Darnold because he too was the youngest QB in the league during his first 2 seasons ironically.

Keep kidding yourselves though and waiting for mr “football is not everything to me” to magically turn into a unicorn like Josh Allen

(10-10-2022, 10:17 AM)rumpleteazer Wrote: Now the classic age excuse

I seen jet fans fo the same crap with Darnold because he too was the youngest QB in the league during his first 2 seasons ironically.

Keep kidding yourselves though and waiting for mr “football is not everything to me” to magically turn into a unicorn like Josh Allen

Outing yourself as a butt-hurt jets fan is a nice addition to your troll-job. 

Good luck with that.

(10-10-2022, 10:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Good luck with that.
Hahahah

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THIS IS! He's a Jets fan coming on the Jags message board!

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 10:36 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-10-2022, 10:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Good luck with that.

Yeah he's clearly a Jets fan.  Every one of his post have been to say Trevor sucks and to talk about Wilson and Darnold.

I thought Byron Leftwich would become our franchise QB. I defended Blaine Gabbert. I defended Blake Bortles.

Trevor? He sure looked like he was turning the corner in the first 3 games. Now, two really bad games in a row. I don't know. I appreciate people's continued faith in the guy, but...

(10-10-2022, 10:36 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 10:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Outing yourself as a butt-hurt jets fan is a nice addition to your troll-job. 

Good luck with that.

Yeah he's clearly a Jets fan.  Every one of his post have been to say Trevor sucks and to talk about Wilson and Darnold.
I live in New York Lmaooo 

Keep trying though

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 10:54 AM by Caldrac.)

(10-10-2022, 08:29 AM)Hurricane Wrote: Do I want Trevor to improve and become our franchise QB? Of course.
Did I think coming into this season Pederson would be able to steer him in the right direction? Of course.

Trevor has had some ups and some downs, but I'm starting to question if Pederson is actually going to be able to do it.
Since Pederson has arrived, this team has looked much much better.... but its almost like he's trying to force Lawrence to be the man at all times rather than rely on some very effective running backs we have.

I'm torn because I can see a huge difference in the way this team is playing, but I also feel like the play calling is making Lawrence look even worse than what he is, also causing us to lose games.
I disagree. With the assessment regarding Pederson. Lawrence turning the football over seven times in two games has nothing to do with Pederson.

The running calls are optional in this offense as well. I think after they got off to a 2 - 1 start and played sloppy in Philadelphia I personally think Pederson was giving Lawrence the opportunity to bounce back yesterday and he failed to do so.

The overthrows are frustrating. The crucial mistakes in the redzone, twice now in a row where, in fairness? Lawrence was driving in both games, Pederson is making the right calls, he's moving him left, he's moving him right and then Lawrence throws two boneheaded interceptions.

Also, Pederson has stated it plainly that he believes in passing it to score and running it to win. If Lawrence scores there in the 2nd half opening drive, and they go up 13 - 6? He's potentially going to run the football more.

I have more confidence in Pederson and his staff over Lawrence at the moment. The turnovers were an issue last year for him. The last two weeks are starting to show that he's not protecting the football.

Keep in mind. Lawrence threw the football a lot in the opener and a lot on the road in L.A. He was ascending two weeks in a row. Pederson is going to keep giving him the opportunities. They had 422 yards of total offense yesterday. They just didn't get it done in the redzone and turned it over in the endzone.

Now, going on the road this Sunday? You may very well see Pederson shift to running the ball more often and early and taking the ball out of Lawrence's hands in crucial situations. It's fair. It's five games in.

First week? Everybody got a pass.

Second week? Lawrence was great.

Third week? Lawrence was greater.

Fourth week? Bad weather. Ball put on the ground too much against the best team in football on the road. Maybe it was a fluke?

Yesterday? Great weather. Great defense. Bad QB play in scoring opportunities and accuracy issues with one really bad decision by Walker yesterday cost you the game.

It's a wash. Pederson now has some opportunities and adjustments to make.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Honestly, this isn't TLaw's rookie year, but personally, I consider it his rookie year. Dude was treated like a second rate QB with Urban, didn't even get the first team reps when it counted the most.

Urban almost destroyed TLaw, imo.. And I have 100% faith that Pederson will make it right. Pederson knows what his QB needs to be successful and he's already shown major improvements over Urbs "coaching"..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 11:00 AM by rumpleteazer. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-10-2022, 10:54 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Honestly, this isn't TLaw's rookie year, but personally, I consider it his rookie year. Dude was treated like a second rate QB with Urban, didn't even get the first team reps when it counted the most.

Urban almost destroyed TLaw, imo.. And I have 100% faith that Pederson will make it right. Pederson knows what his QB needs to be successful and he's already shown major improvements over Urbs "coaching"..

Moving the goalposts for a supposed generational qb….. hmmm interesting

(10-10-2022, 10:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I thought Byron Leftwich would become our franchise QB.  I defended Blaine Gabbert.  I defended Blake Bortles. 

Trevor?  He sure looked like he was turning the corner in the first 3 games.  Now, two really bad games in a row.  I don't know.  I appreciate people's continued faith in the guy, but...

Trevor has shown us talent that zero of the other three names you mentioned were capable of showing us. 

His development is still TBD but we know without doubt his ceiling is much higher than those guys. 

As disappointing as yesterday's game was, I'm still excited about TL's future. Tons of untapped upside if he can reign in a few nagging tendencies and keep growing in decision making/processing.  Seems far from insurmountable to me. 
If he's still putting up games like yesterday in December, I might temper my optimism for the kid.

(10-10-2022, 10:59 AM)rumpleteazer Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 10:54 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Honestly, this isn't TLaw's rookie year, but personally, I consider it his rookie year. Dude was treated like a second rate QB with Urban, didn't even get the first team reps when it counted the most.

Moving the goalposts for a supposed generational qb….. hmmm interesting

You know folks are bad at finding meaningful debate or discussion about pro players when they repeatedly refer to a the scouting report from the kid's prospect days. 

Especially after trying to diminish youth as a factor. LOL

Unsmart troll is unsmart.

I'll err on the side of caution and say "No". This is the Jags we are talking about.

(10-10-2022, 10:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 10:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Outing yourself as a butt-hurt jets fan is a nice addition to your troll-job. 

Good luck with that.
Hahahah

Remember when there was the one guy who said Bortles was playing bad on purpose so he could force a trade to the Jets and be elite? Or some [BLEEP] like that? hahahaha

(10-10-2022, 10:51 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 08:29 AM)Hurricane Wrote: Do I want Trevor to improve and become our franchise QB? Of course.
Did I think coming into this season Pederson would be able to steer him in the right direction? Of course.

Trevor has had some ups and some downs, but I'm starting to question if Pederson is actually going to be able to do it.
Since Pederson has arrived, this team has looked much much better.... but its almost like he's trying to force Lawrence to be the man at all times rather than rely on some very effective running backs we have.

I'm torn because I can see a huge difference in the way this team is playing, but I also feel like the play calling is making Lawrence look even worse than what he is, also causing us to lose games.
I disagree. With the assessment regarding Pederson. Lawrence turning the football over seven times in two games has nothing to do with Pederson.

The running calls are optional in this offense as well. I think after they got off to a 2 - 1 start and played sloppy in Philadelphia I personally think Pederson was giving Lawrence the opportunity to bounce back yesterday and he failed to do so.

The overthrows are frustrating. The crucial mistakes in the redzone, twice now in a row where, in fairness? Lawrence was driving in both games, Pederson is making the right calls, he's moving him left, he's moving him right and then Lawrence throws two boneheaded interceptions.

Also, Pederson has stated it plainly that he believes in passing it to score and running it to win. If Lawrence scores there in the 2nd half opening drive, and they go up 13 - 6? He's potentially going to run the football more.

I have more confidence in Pederson and his staff over Lawrence at the moment. The turnovers were an issue last year for him. The last two weeks are starting to show that he's not protecting the football.

Keep in mind. Lawrence threw the football a lot in the opener and a lot on the road in L.A. He was ascending two weeks in a row. Pederson is going to keep giving him the opportunities. They had 422 yards of total offense yesterday. They just didn't get it done in the redzone and turned it over in the endzone.

Now, going on the road this Sunday? You may very well see Pederson shift to running the ball more often and early and taking the ball out of Lawrence's hands in crucial situations. It's fair. It's five games in.

First week? Everybody got a pass.

Second week? Lawrence was great.

Third week? Lawrence was greater.

Fourth week? Bad weather. Ball put on the ground too much against the best team in football on the road. Maybe it was a fluke?

Yesterday? Great weather. Great defense. Bad QB play in scoring opportunities and accuracy issues with one really bad decision by Walker yesterday cost you the game.

It's a wash. Pederson now has some opportunities and adjustments to make.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Pederson could be working towards getting Trevor up to pace and in the right direction while still winning these games. 

Take what the defense gives you. The majority of defenses this year has allowed our RB's the opportunity to have huge games and Pederson has done everything he can to avoid it. 
I sure hope Trevor has some really thick skin or he figures out his problems because he wont get any better if hes down on himself from these last 2 games. 

Trevor being young is something everyone is leaning on, about how he needs time because hes young. Well apparently you need to let Pederson in on this info because hes got him out here slinging the ball like Brett Favre. 

Maybe I'm not seeing the picture how he sees it, but what I can see is a team that very well could of won all of its games so far.
In Dougie I Trust!

(10-10-2022, 11:22 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 10:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hahahah

Remember when there was the one guy who said Bortles was playing bad on purpose so he could force a trade to the Jets and be elite? Or some [BLEEP] like that? hahahaha

Wasn't that the same knucklehead who said his Dad was George O'Leary's realtor or some stupid [BLEEP] like that?

(10-10-2022, 08:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 08:46 AM)cincyjacket Wrote: I'd like to see us draft a QB with our first or second pick in the next draft. Not giving up on TLaw, but I think he needs motivation to improve.
Well that's a stupid idea. Draft a QB with our first round pick to give Trevor motivation instead of drafting someone to help the offense or defense? Brilliant!

You don't draft a QB certainly in round 1 ,and it'll be top 5 the way we're going to be competition or motivation.