Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Will Trevor improve to be our guy where we give him a 2nd contract and be a top 10 QB?
This poll is closed.
Yes
42.44%
73 42.44%
No
57.56%
99 57.56%
Total 172 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Will Trevor figure it out and be our franchise QB?

(10-11-2022, 09:27 AM)jagsfan06 Wrote: The answer is yes.

Right now is a frustrating time because he has shrunk during the most important time of the last two games, but the kid is light years improved from last year.  Just keep on improving TLaw and this team will lift you up brother.

[Image: giphy.gif]
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lawrence just needs to get his eyeballs around. He would serve himself well by studying film of Mahomes. He sees the field very quickly and tracks his receivers constantly.

(10-11-2022, 10:23 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 09:46 AM)Ronster Wrote: Ya, this is me. The Jags have crap luck with QB’s. Garrard was their last decent QB, and even he choked in big games. Maybe Brunnell has something left…

Lawrence is starting to remind me of a good blend of all of our QB's over the years. He gets happy feet like Minshew but doesn't run downfield. He has decent pocket awareness but has really poor deep ball accuracy when the pocket is clean, similar to Bortles, the turnovers are there like Bortles as well, albeit, not as ugly in regards to leading to actual points on the spot for the other team. 

He just isn't clutch yet neither which is something Garrard struggled with and Brunell struggled with. Maybe it's just long overdue Karma and maybe Pederson can exercise all of these demons here and get Lawrence right as our QB.

I can’t agree with Brunell not being clutch.

Brunell was pretty clutch up in Denver on 3rd and 5 from the 30yd line when Smith faded to glory. I thought that was pretty clutch.

How about the scramble and TD throw to McCardell against Denver.

He was also clutch when he had the “masterful” run in those playoffs.

He also led the league in passing and all qbs in rushing. 

1996 through about 1999 he was one of the best QBs in football. Led the Jags to 4 straight playoffs and 2 AFC Championship games. 

He came up with clutch throw after clutch throw when Jimmy went for 291 and 3 tubs against the best defense in the history of the NFL. 

He threw a clutch an absolute dime piece to Jimmy against New England in our first ever home playoff game.

I thought he was clutch when he came back from the knee injury from the 3rd preseason game, to beat Pittsburgh in 1997.

3 time pro bowler when it mattered and won the MVP in 1 of them.

He was clutch in my eyes.

(10-11-2022, 11:42 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 10:23 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Lawrence is starting to remind me of a good blend of all of our QB's over the years. He gets happy feet like Minshew but doesn't run downfield. He has decent pocket awareness but has really poor deep ball accuracy when the pocket is clean, similar to Bortles, the turnovers are there like Bortles as well, albeit, not as ugly in regards to leading to actual points on the spot for the other team. 

He just isn't clutch yet neither which is something Garrard struggled with and Brunell struggled with. Maybe it's just long overdue Karma and maybe Pederson can exercise all of these demons here and get Lawrence right as our QB.

I can’t agree with Brunell not being clutch.

Brunell was pretty clutch up in Denver on 3rd and 5 from the 30yd line when Smith faded to glory. I thought that was pretty clutch.

1996 through about 1999 he was one of the best QBs in football. Led the Jags to 4 straight playoffs and 2 AFC Championship games. 

He came up with clutch throw after clutch throw when Jimmy went for 291 and 3 tubs against the best defense in the history of the NFL. 

He threw a clutch an absolute dime piece to Jimmy against New England in our first ever home playoff game.

I thought he was clutch when he came back from the knee injury from the 3rd preseason game, to beat Pittsburgh in 1997.

Yep, really the only clutch QB the Jags have ever had...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(10-11-2022, 02:04 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 11:42 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I can’t agree with Brunell not being clutch.

Agreed.

The only clutch play that I can remember Leftwich making was the pass he threw Jimmy against the Jets when we beat them in overtime. I think it was in 2006.

Garrard came in clutch against Pittsburgh on the 4th down run. Another clutch throw to beat Detroit when he hit Jimmy for the game winner.

Garrard also threw a Hail Mary to Mike Thomas to hear the Texans. 

And for some reason against Cleveland I specifically remember him getting a first down on a scramble when it was like 3rd and 19 or something crazy. I believe it was back in 2002ish, idk it’s all a blurr after the 90’s. 

I think Garrard came up clutch here and there a few times but nothing close to Brunell. 

Break Bottles had a couple of clutch plays. Up in Pittsburgh the TD pass to the full back, I forgot his name. And the TD pass to Coke against Seattle was pretty clutch. Again, nothing close to Brunell. 

Gabbert’s only clutch play that comes to my mind is the Mike Thomas TD he threw in the tsunami game against Carolina right before halftime. And the pass he threw Cecil Shorts against Indy to win the game. Probably a couple more but nothing much more than that. 

Brunell is easily this team’s most clutch QB of all time and it ain’t even close. You could probably combine all the other qbs together and Brunell clutchness would still outweigh them.

I voted "yes" and was surprised there were less than 60% in this category. As much as we'd all like a definitive answer right now about Trevor's long-term success, it is unreasonable to even judge a new quarterback until after his 2nd season. For Trevor to become a top 5-10 q.b. in the NFL, the following must happen:

1. He is able to learn from his mistakes- both physical and mental.

2. Related to number 1, he can't lose confidence in his ability. The pressure on him to become a franchise quarterback will continue to increase until he is able to turn it around. We can't know how he will handle such adversity since he has not had much in his football career. Last season doesn't count due to the obvious reasons, but now he has better coaching and a better surrounding cast of players. How he handles this adversity will determine whether he becomes this franchises "savior" or moves to the top of the long list of Jaguar disappointments.

3. Continue to add good players as was done in the last draft and free agency.

(10-11-2022, 02:04 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 11:42 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I can’t agree with Brunell not being clutch.

(10-11-2022, 03:28 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 02:04 PM)Ronster Wrote: Yep, really the only clutch QB the Jags have ever had...

Agreed.

The only clutch play that I can remember Leftwich making was the pass he threw Jimmy against the Jets when we beat them in overtime. I think it was in 2006.

Garrard came in clutch against Pittsburgh on the 4th down run. Another clutch throw to beat Detroit when he hit Jimmy for the game winner.

And for some reason against Cleveland I specifically remember him getting a first down on a scramble when it was like 3rd and 19 or something crazy. I believe it was back in 2002ish, idk it’s all a blurr after the 90’s. 

I think Garrard came up clutch here and there a few times but nothing close to Brunell. 

Break Bottles had a couple of clutch plays. Up in Pittsburgh the TD pass to the full back, I forgot his name. And the TD pass to Coke against Seattle was pretty clutch. Again, nothing close to Brunell. 

Gabbert’s only clutch play that comes to my mind is the Mike Thomas TD he threw in the tsunami game against Carolina right before halftime. And the pass he threw Cecil Shorts against Indy to win the game. Probably a couple more but nothing much more than that. 

Brunell is easily this team’s most clutch QB of all time and it ain’t even close. You could probably combine all the other qbs together and Brunell clutchness would still outweigh them.

1996 & 1999. Sorry boys. Both of those AFC Championship losses were bad. He threw two costly interceptions in both of those losses. He was clutch in a few games but man he curled up like a kitty cat in the two biggest games this franchise ever had.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The weapons argument is laughable to say the least...

Lamar has been thrown to scrubs in Baltimore.

(10-11-2022, 03:28 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 02:04 PM)Ronster Wrote: Yep, really the only clutch QB the Jags have ever had...

Agreed.

Leftwich had a few clutch games. I remember against the Bills in I think 2004? He had a few that year.

I truly expect him to be the face of the franchise within our future. Not all franchised QBs come out the gates A-Blazing. W/guidance he'll get there.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(10-11-2022, 05:42 PM)NH3 Wrote: I truly expect him to be the face of the franchise within our future. Not all franchised QBs come out the gates A-Blazing. W/guidance he'll get there.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

I agree with you that he could still be the guy, and not all good QBs come out great out the gate. But Great QBs typically don't struggle in every facet of the game. Sure they might make a bad decision and throw it to a guy whos covered, but at least the ball reaches the WR and dosen't float over his head.. ya know.

(10-11-2022, 04:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

(10-11-2022, 03:28 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Agreed.

1996 & 1999. Sorry boys. Both of those AFC Championship losses were bad. He threw two costly interceptions in both of those losses. He was clutch in a few games but man he curled up like a kitty cat in the two biggest games this franchise ever had.

Those 2 AFC title games Brunell wasn’t clutch but his clutchness got them there. You can’t be clutch in every single game. 

Lawrence will have to find a way to get clutch against that blitz. I’m with you, heck just take off and run with it if nothing is there.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2022, 06:23 PM by OG-JAGFAN.)

I really do not know. I hope so is the best I can do. He has had several chances now to win a game with the football in his hands and loses every time. If there is 3 mins left and the Jags need a score Trevor has not proven he can get it done. Tony and Pete still believe in him but also very critical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcp17dqU6RA&t=1875s

I scratch my head how trevor misses a guy less than 10 yards away on a fairly routine basis.

PFF has Lawrence currently the 3rd best QB taken in the 2021 draft. Zack Wilson and Mills are ahead of him for the present.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2022, 06:55 PM by Ronster. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-11-2022, 06:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 04:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote: 1996 & 1999. Sorry boys. Both of those AFC Championship losses were bad. He threw two costly interceptions in both of those losses. He was clutch in a few games but man he curled up like a kitty cat in the two biggest games this franchise ever had.

Those 2 AFC title games Brunell wasn’t clutch but his clutchness got them there. You can’t be clutch in every single game. 

Lawrence will have to find a way to get clutch against that blitz. I’m with you, heck just take off and run with it if nothing is there.

For sure, Brunell was easily the best QB the jags have ever had. Garrard the Jags second best, pure grit. Brunell wasn’t perfect, but man he he could hit Jimmy down the sidelines like nobodies business..

And he had beautiful ball placement

I got goosebumps watching this again

https://youtu.be/hFaTAYL4laU
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(10-11-2022, 06:43 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 06:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Those 2 AFC title games Brunell wasn’t clutch but his clutchness got them there. You can’t be clutch in every single game. 

For sure, Brunell was easily the best QB the jags have ever had. Garrard the Jags second best, pure grit. Brunell wasn’t perfect, but man he he could hit Jimmy down the sidelines like nobodies business..

If only Trevor showed the kind of grit and determination that Brunell did he would be so good. He has all the physical tools that Brunell lacked, but he dosen't seem to have that fire.

(10-11-2022, 05:44 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 05:42 PM)NH3 Wrote: I truly expect him to be the face of the franchise within our future. Not all franchised QBs come out the gates A-Blazing. W/guidance he'll get there.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

I agree with you that he could still be the guy, and not all good QBs come out great out the gate. But Great QBs typically don't struggle in every facet of the game. Sure they might make a bad decision and throw it to a guy whos covered, but at least the ball reaches the WR and dosen't float over his head.. ya know.

I Concur. As per My Opinion, he's played well 3 of the 5 games so far this season. He could also be helped by Pederson w/respect to being too aggressive by going for it on fourth downs. Don't leave points on the field. By doing so it places the team in desperate situations.

QB inaccuracy, turnovers, dropped balls, etc. is the formula for failure. Our teams hasn't gotten to the point that we could overcome such deficiencies as of yet. Hopefully we'll get there though.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(10-11-2022, 10:15 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 06:43 PM)Ronster Wrote: For sure, Brunell was easily the best QB the jags have ever had. Garrard the Jags second best, pure grit. Brunell wasn’t perfect, but man he he could hit Jimmy down the sidelines like nobodies business..

If only Trevor showed the kind of grit and determination that Brunell did he would be so good. He has all the physical tools that Brunell lacked, but he dosen't seem to have that fire.

This smells like horse [BLEEP] to me

Trevor's teammates and coaches all state the opposite - currently - and going back to last season. 

You're either overreacting or advancing some agenda without foundation here IMO.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2022, 10:36 AM by Ronster. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-12-2022, 09:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 10:15 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote: If only Trevor showed the kind of grit and determination that Brunell did he would be so good. He has all the physical tools that Brunell lacked, but he dosen't seem to have that fire.

This smells like horse [BLEEP] to me

Trevor's teammates and coaches all state the opposite - currently - and going back to last season. 

You're either overreacting or advancing some agenda without foundation here IMO.

I agree, it’s not the toughness he’s lacking, but the skill set. He needs to control that ball better. He has some raw talent, but he lets the ball get away from him; no touch on the ball. I hope he can learn that..

Brunell and Lawrence aren't alike at all. Brunell was shorter, thicker, and much, much stronger. TLaw is like a greyhound, Brunell more of a Rottweiler. Brunell was also in his 3rd year when he got here having sat behind Favre and then backed up Beerline for some games while he got Coughlin's offense down. Lawrence was a Day 1 starter under crap coaching with no help. I don't think they're the same at all.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The design of this forums looks super outdated.

What is the results so far?

I voted no.