Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags trade for Calvin Ridley

Skip and Shannon bring him up here

https://youtu.be/jG5T9JyaWKE

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: s6x897cve4arlv704ll4.jpg]

[Image: kiqtz5hkl6cqxzvblfoa.jpg]

That’s that 0

(09-10-2023, 09:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1700968744963522863?s=20

He was 7 for 92 in the 1st half. Should of had another catch and another 30ish yards added to that total as well, but it got called back due to a holding penalty.

To sum it up easily for people worried about if he'd still be the same player as he was 2 years ago? Yea he good.

(09-10-2023, 09:45 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 09:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1700968744963522863?s=20

He was 7 for 92 in the 1st half. Should of had another catch and another 30ish yards added to that total as well, but it got called back due to a holding penalty.

To sum it up easily for people worried about if he'd still be the same player as he was 2 years ago? Yea he good.

No doubt. 
Figured I'd post the stats int his thread for that purpose.

He had the 2nd best season of his career and i hope we bring Ridley back if there is a way to bring him back and keep our 2nd. Does anyone know if we tag Ridley if we keep our 2nd and only lose a 3rd? This is my hope. Of course it depnds on what he is asking for but I hope we can agree on a deal for Allen that is good for both sides and tag Ridley. I think Ridley will be even better next year

If the price is right, you bring him back. I don't know what the stipulations are or if there's a way to game the system with a loop hole, but, ideally? He should be back with us.

I also think we're in a really good spot with the 17th overall selection to nab one of the top four to five receivers of this class if we want to. Between Odunze, Coleman, Thomas Jr. & Egbuka I would be pretty content going into training camp with:

1. Calvin Ridley
2. Christian Kirk
3. 1st RD rookie investment, with the potential to leap the above two as the primary outside receiving threat, especially if it's a taller option like Odunze, Coleman or Thomas Jr.

Ridley had a good, not great, but good year. If he makes just five more catches earlier on in the season? We're a play off team.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

He's worth a 2 when you consider who would be making that pick. You aren't getting Calvin Ridley or his production from a Baalke second rounder.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Underwhelming to think back at all those practice and spring training hype-highlights of Ridley and Trevor

Jags are allergic to success

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 11:12 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-09-2024, 10:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He's worth a 2 when you consider who would be making that pick. You aren't getting Calvin Ridley or his production from a Baalke second rounder.

We're very likely going IOL with that mid second rounder.  Without having a big board properly ranked, right now off the cuff I'd take my chances with that pick and Parker Washington taking a larger role and bringing Zay back before I extend Ridley and lose the 2nd.

That said, the contract language on spotrac says "in season extension". It doesn't just say if we sign him to an extension. Whether that stipulation is now satisfied or whether it means he has to hit free agency I don't know, but I think there is little risk at this point that we're giving up a 2nd for him. If he has to hit free agency and we have to place a competitive bid and win him that way, I'm becoming more confident that it would only be the 3rd in that scenario.

(01-09-2024, 11:09 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 10:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He's worth a 2 when you consider who would be making that pick. You aren't getting Calvin Ridley or his production from a Baalke second rounder.

We're very likely going IOL with that mid second rounder.  Without having a big board properly ranked, right now off the cuff I'd take my chances with that pick and Parker Washington taking a larger role and bringing Zay back before I extend Ridley and lose the 2nd.

If Baalke is in charge? I stick with Ridley. Baalke has a lot of question marks now with these last three draft classes. I really don't want him here for a fourth class to [BLEEP] up.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I think we need to bring him back for sure. To get 1k yards and 8 TDs with how bad the offense was this year is impressive

Depends on how much he wants but honestly I'd rather have the higher draft pick and use the money for free agent depth. I think kirk, zay, and Ingram is a good trio. And try to find a guy with speed over the top. Doesn't have to be fulltime starter but you need that threat.

(01-09-2024, 11:16 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: I think we need to bring him back for sure.  To get 1k yards and 8 TDs with how bad the offense was this year is impressive

He also left a lot out there on the football field with the drops. He was probably closer to 1200 yards and 12 TD's if they just hit on some of those bigger plays earlier on in September. He also drew a [BLEEP] TON of pass interference and defensive holding calls his way which only bodes well for his continued development in this offense in year two. 

We'd be foolish, again, as long as the price is fair, to let him walk in the off season. Because, I am telling you, he'll end up on another play-off team in free agency and it'll probably come back to haunt us. Nightmare scenario, he ends up with the Chiefs, Bills or Bengals and puts them over the hill.

(01-09-2024, 11:09 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

That said, the contract language on spotrac says "in season extension".  It doesn't just say if we sign him to an extension.  Whether that stipulation is now satisfied or whether it means he has to hit free agency I don't know, but I think there is little risk at this point that we're giving up a 2nd for him.  If he has to hit free agency and we have to place a competitive bid and win him that way, I'm becoming more confident that it would only be the 3rd in that scenario.

If there is any way you can possibly get him back without giving up a 3rd it's a no brainer imo.  You give up the 2nd plus the contract it gets to be a much more tough decision.  Then you have to look at maybe trying to get Higgins or Evans, might have to cut Zay if we go that route.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 11:42 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-09-2024, 11:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 11:09 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: We're very likely going IOL with that mid second rounder.  Without having a big board properly ranked, right now off the cuff I'd take my chances with that pick and Parker Washington taking a larger role and bringing Zay back before I extend Ridley and lose the 2nd. 

That said, the contract language on spotrac says "in season extension".  It doesn't just say if we sign him to an extension.  Whether that stipulation is now satisfied or whether it means he has to hit free agency I don't know, but I think there is little risk at this point that we're giving up a 2nd for him.  If he has to hit free agency and we have to place a competitive bid and win him that way, I'm becoming more confident that it would only be the 3rd in that scenario.

If there is any way you can possibly get him back without giving up a 3rd it's a no brainer imo.  You give up the 2nd plus the contract it gets to be a much more tough decision.  Then you have to look at maybe trying to get Higgins or Evans, might have to cut Zay if we go that route.

The 3rd is gone.  It's the trade comp for playing more than 60% of snaps this year or some similar number and has nothing to do with an extension.  The only way we get the 3rd back is if it turns into a 2nd.

(01-09-2024, 11:40 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 11:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If there is any way you can possibly get him back without giving up a 3rd it's a no brainer imo.  You give up the 2nd plus the contract it gets to be a much more tough decision.  Then you have to look at maybe trying to get Higgins or Evans, might have to cut Zay if we go that route.

The 3rd is gone.  It's the trade comp for playing more than 60% of snaps this year or some similar number.  The only way we get the 3rd back is if it turns into a 2nd.
I know this, I'm saying it's a no brainer we we can somehow bring him back some how without giving up the 2nd.  I haven't seen a answer on if we tag Ridley if that counts as an extension and if it turns into a 2nd or not.  That's what I'm trying to find out.  Nobody knows the answer

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 11:48 AM by Jaguarmeister.)

(01-09-2024, 11:19 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 11:16 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: I think we need to bring him back for sure.  To get 1k yards and 8 TDs with how bad the offense was this year is impressive

He also left a lot out there on the football field with the drops. He was probably closer to 1200 yards and 12 TD's if they just hit on some of those bigger plays earlier on in September. He also drew a [BLEEP] TON of pass interference and defensive holding calls his way which only bodes well for his continued development in this offense in year two. 

We'd be foolish, again, as long as the price is fair, to let him walk in the off season. Because, I am telling you, he'll end up on another play-off team in free agency and it'll probably come back to haunt us. Nightmare scenario, he ends up with the Chiefs, Bills or Bengals and puts them over the hill.

That's a reason not to go too hard after him actually.  That one clip someone posted of Trevor's receivers letting him down through out the year was pretty damning on Ridley.  A lot of those were in key moments as well.

(01-09-2024, 11:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 11:40 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: The 3rd is gone.  It's the trade comp for playing more than 60% of snaps this year or some similar number.  The only way we get the 3rd back is if it turns into a 2nd.
I know this, I'm saying it's a no brainer we we can somehow bring him back some how without giving up the 2nd.  I haven't seen a answer on if we tag Ridley if that counts as an extension and if it turns into a 2nd or not.  That's what I'm trying to find out.  Nobody knows the answer

Spotrac says the stipulation is "in season extension".  That sounds to me like at the very least if you let him hit free agency but then outbid or he just wants to sign here the 2nd is off the table.  The gray area is "in season" already behind us which would make the tag viable if so.  I don't think you tag him regardless though.  You have to save that for Allen.