Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags trade for Calvin Ridley

(11-01-2022, 04:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 04:05 PM)Upper Wrote: Let's put this to rest, Ridley was not suspended for betting a few bucks on a handful of NFL games. He was suspended for putting the entire integrity of the league in question. You absolutely cannot have fans questioning whether X thing that happened (for example, a dropped pass in an important situation) was legit or whether the player dropped it because he had bet against his team in order to enrich himself.

He bet on his own team to win not against

AND, he wasn't playing in the game.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2022, 05:36 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Stoked, he's ready

https://twitter.com/CalvinRidley1/status...X4wzRyLmsA

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2022, 05:42 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-01-2022, 04:15 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Good News.  As long as he doesn't play, then Trevor can't throw an interception in the end zone attempting to get him the ball.

Obtaining ineligible WRs may be our best path forward in the red zone.

If you aren't already working at a comedy club, you need to be.

(11-01-2022, 04:52 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 04:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's what was reported.  There would be a huge difference from betting on your own team than against your team

So it's a Pete Rose situation.

Personally, I'd have Pete in the HOF, so I don't have a problem with this guy betting on his own team.   It was a dumb move by him, but it's a forgivable learning experience IMO.

I mean, if you look at corporations that give performance based bonuses or profit sharing, how is betting on your own team any different? You will be motivated to work above and beyond to reap additional compensation. Same person in different clothes, IMO. I think it should be legal.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/...4io_BQRZag

Well if it isn’t what I’ve been saying FOR OVER A YEAR NOW

(11-01-2022, 04:24 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: We unretired it for him, everyone knows who the real #18 is.
[Image: eC5qcGc]

.... nice !!!  totally forgot about the real G O A T  !!!!     The NFL should have retired that number like the NBA did with Bill Russell and the MLB did with Jackie Robinson.

Easily one of the dumbest suspensions ever. The weed suspensions are the only ones dumber.

Kareem Hunt can beat women and only get an 8 game suspension.

Watson can sexually assault at least 25 women and only get an 11 game suspension.

Ridley put in a $1500 parlay, 5 teams IIRC, one of which was his Falcons beating the Jags. Problem is he was in Florida at the time and wasn't even around the team, or playing during time of said bet. He should of been smarter about it and had somebody else put it in, in their name instead of his own, but man there's no reason he should have got a full season for that.

With that said, like the trade but it's still not stopping me from taking a WR on day 1 or 2 of the draft.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2022, 06:44 PM by nejagsfan.)

(11-01-2022, 03:14 PM)Upper Wrote: Ridley is not a legit #1. He is (was) a good #2 who struggled to rise to a #1 when Julio was out. We do have Z and Y locked in now, though. Still need a big bodied X that can beat the press, win in the red zone, and come down with the ball if he's not wide open.

Are you high he totally is

(11-01-2022, 03:36 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I think its another dumb move by a team that loves to lose,and enjoys being loserville. you trade for a wr who is susspanded,and not the Alpha one jags need. the trade tells me team is doing all they can to make sure they lose more this season,and the next serveal ones.

Seriously just stop

Don't know how anyone can't like this move. A weapon at WR and for minimal cost. Gives Lawrence another weapon, helps out the other WR's by having another WR for D's to scheme for giving them better match ups and opens up the run game by having a passing threat.

A positive trade from the FO. I'm stunned, didn't know they had it in them.

Love the move.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2022, 06:53 PM by nejagsfan.)

(11-01-2022, 06:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/...4io_BQRZag

Well if it isn’t what I’ve been saying FOR OVER A YEAR NOW

And all those receivers those quarterbacks got made them a better quarterback for all the Trevor haters out there

(11-01-2022, 06:51 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Don't know how anyone can't like this move. A weapon at WR and for minimal cost. Gives Lawrence another weapon, helps out the other WR's by having another WR for D's to scheme for giving them better match ups and opens up the run game by having a passing threat.

Love the move.

This... Feel the same way

(11-01-2022, 07:02 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/CalvinRidley1/status...0033115156

Ok. I'm hyped!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Great move. Hopefully he has a lot he wants to prove too, being out a year.

(11-01-2022, 06:51 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Don't know how anyone can't like this move. A weapon at WR and for minimal cost. Gives Lawrence another weapon, helps out the other WR's by having another WR for D's to scheme for giving them better match ups and opens up the run game by having a passing threat.

Love the move.

Sucks to wait through an offseason to see the fruit, but it's an exciting move. 

Kirk, Zay and Ridley sounds enticing

What's not to like about this trade? If Ridley continues to have gambling/mental health issues they lose a low draft pick. If he is rejuvenated and plays at the level he was at in Atlanta, it will prove to be a steal. He is 28, but has played just slightly more than 3 NFL seasons. No need to debate whether he is a #1 or #2 receiver, the guy has been highly productive every year. A receiving corps of Ridley, Kirk and Zay Jones and hopefully Engram at tight end will give Lawrence an abundance of solid targets.

How should this trade alter next year's draft plans? The Jaguars still need to take BPA as they have multiple needs. Is a receiver still a possibility in round 1? Absolutely, but I'd be surprised if their Board would have a receiver as BPA where they currently sit. Trading back and getting the receiver later in round 1 would be preferable.

(11-01-2022, 07:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Love the move.

Yeah having to wait for next year is the hard part but looking at it positively, he'll be healthy and I'm sure he's going to have something to prove after having to miss this year. 

That sounds a great trio at WR. Teams that try to double one will get burnt by one of the others. 

Definitely starting to see Doug's O starting to form now.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2022, 08:06 PM by Cleatwood.)

(11-01-2022, 07:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Love the move.

I would still use one a first or 2nd round pick on an outside WR.

I’m not sold on Zay at all. Jags can upgrade him too.

How many games will he actually play before he gets added to the list of suspended Jags WR?

1st he needs a mental timeout from life and making millions. 2nd he is too stupid to know how to bet and not have it traced back to you.

Sounds like it's his destiny to join the Jags WR Ring of failure.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good watch here with Mia O'Brien. Jags reporter and the one who broke the Ridley trade.

She makes some good points. Talks about instead of drafting another WR, go out and get another one that's already developed. Do you trust Baalke in drafting a WR? Hes been terrible at it.

Also goes into some more details about the trade compensation/$$$. Apparently the Falcons will be on the hook for his money next season and we wont pay any of it.

Also talks some about Trevor and Doug.

She also said that when Doug and his staff got here, multiple people in the building told her that it was so bad last year, this team didn't even know how to practice.. Practice.. Last year was an absolute waste and we may never know just how bad it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlbEOPv-gSc

I'd like to see tim jones get some looks too while we are here thinking about wrs