Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags trade for Calvin Ridley

So i guess the ? Is would you have traded j rob and a 2024 second with the expectation he works out for Ridley?

My answer is YES.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-02-2022, 10:14 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 10:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: When you look at the 2023 WR FA class, this makes even more sense.

I want a room like the Fins have. Gimme even more speed and playmakers at the WR position.

This. Do what you have to do to get bigger, faster and more explosive on the outside. I'll keep saying it over and over again. 

Quentin Johnston, Dontay Demus Jr. & AT Perry at WR. 

Michael Mayer, Darnell Washington & Zack Kuntz at TE.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Exactly. Look at the Chiefs WR's, every one runs under a 4.3. You can't teach speed. It's the way of the game now and makes it so much easier. 

I know we don't have a lot of cap for FA but other than the guys you've said, if we could add someone like Gesicki. I also really like Dwelley the 49ers back up TE.

I hope we can get Engram but TE is an important position this offseason.

(11-02-2022, 01:43 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 10:14 AM)Caldrac Wrote: This. Do what you have to do to get bigger, faster and more explosive on the outside. I'll keep saying it over and over again. 

Quentin Johnston, Dontay Demus Jr. & AT Perry at WR. 

Michael Mayer, Darnell Washington & Zack Kuntz at TE.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Exactly. Look at the Chiefs WR's, every one runs under a 4.3. You can't teach speed. It's the way of the game now and makes it so much easier. 

I know we don't have a lot of cap for FA but other than the guys you've said, if we could add someone like Gesicki. I also really like Dwelley the 49ers back up TE.

Instead of Gesicki, I would just resign Engram.

(11-02-2022, 01:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 01:43 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Exactly. Look at the Chiefs WR's, every one runs under a 4.3. You can't teach speed. It's the way of the game now and makes it so much easier. 

Instead of Gesicki, I would just resign Engram.

I would too and I can't see Engram being desperate to get out. Gesicki would cost an awful lot more if Miami let him get to the market. 

I wasn't sure how much Engram had left in him after leaving New York but I've been impressed so far.

(11-02-2022, 01:53 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 01:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Instead of Gesicki, I would just resign Engram.

I would too and I can't see Engram being desperate to get out. Gesicki would cost an awful lot more if Miami let him get to the market. 

I wasn't sure how much Engram had left in him after leaving New York but I've been impressed so far.

He's on pace for an 800 yard season. 

Would probably put Engram's year at 3rd or 4th all time in single season receiving yards by a Jags TE. 
LOL

Gesecki > Engram, the ? Is how much more. Draft a friggin good te, sign Engram to short term deal if he will.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2022, 02:18 PM by JagFan81.)

(11-02-2022, 02:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 01:53 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I would too and I can't see Engram being desperate to get out. Gesicki would cost an awful lot more if Miami let him get to the market. 

Would probably put Engram's year at 3rd or 4th all time in single season receiving yards by a Jags TE. 
LOL

Lol, thats crazy to think. Remember thinking Julius Thomas was going to be the answer! 

Let's hope Engram doesn't realise thar or suddenly his contract demands will skyrocket!!!

(11-02-2022, 02:11 PM)surfon Wrote: Gesecki > Engram, the ? Is how much more.  Draft a friggin good te, sign Engram to short term deal if he will.

Well if Miami even let him hit FA, he'll cost a lot more. I agree TE needs to be addressed but so do a lot of positions and can't fix all of them through the draft. I can't see us being big movers in FA so draft is where we will make most of our moves. See where we endup in the order and what teams and needs they have are before us.

Re-sign Engram, move Farrell into Arnold's spot if he won't come back cheap. We're solid at TE with that. Draft a guy for the future but unless he's Hock/Pitts level wait till round 2-3

(11-02-2022, 10:04 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 09:50 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: I'm very surprised by the fact that 90% of this board is enthusiastic by this trade.

I really like the player, but by the start of next season, he will have been 2 years without playing football. And almost 29 years old in december 2023.

Let's hope that he is healthy (mentally and physically). If he is, this trade is a great.

With Zay, Kirk and Ridley, I would not pick a WR in the first 2 rounds next draft. We have too many holes (CB, OL) to fill.

Ridley - Kirk - Zay - Agnew - Engram is a nice group.

I didn't realize he's been in the league as long as he has, initially I hoped that we would get his fourth season contract on the books in 23 (probably around 2M or so)...looks like we'll be paying 5th year option money, close to 11M to test the waters. That hurts a bit, but we take 8.7 off the books by letting MJJ's contract elapse without a renewal. If it works out, paying 3M to upgrade MJJ is quite worth it.

Nope, the Falcons are on the hook for that $$$. They'll be paying it, not us.

(11-02-2022, 02:11 PM)surfon Wrote: Gesecki > Engram, the ? Is how much more.  Draft a friggin good te, sign Engram to short term deal if he will.
No he isn't.  Engram is a much better blocker and we need a good blocking TE.  Engram is a good pass catching TE and blocker

I hope Engram sticks around for many years. He’s been the best TE to come through here in ages.

(11-02-2022, 02:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 01:53 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I would too and I can't see Engram being desperate to get out. Gesicki would cost an awful lot more if Miami let him get to the market. 

LOL

That's both really sad and really nice at the same time. Engram has been a really nice surprise.

(11-02-2022, 05:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 10:04 AM)Mikey Wrote: I didn't realize he's been in the league as long as he has, initially I hoped that we would get his fourth season contract on the books in 23 (probably around 2M or so)...looks like we'll be paying 5th year option money, close to 11M to test the waters. That hurts a bit, but we take 8.7 off the books by letting MJJ's contract elapse without a renewal. If it works out, paying 3M to upgrade MJJ is quite worth it.

Nope, the Falcons are on the hook for that $$$. They'll be paying it, not us.

Can you explain?  If he's on the Jaguars roster, why wouldn't the Jaguars pay it?

(11-02-2022, 08:38 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Don't believe he's a number one but I figured some on the board would feel otherwise.  Happy to see fans fanning per usual.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

He is absolutely a #1.

(11-02-2022, 07:24 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 05:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Nope, the Falcons are on the hook for that $$$. They'll be paying it, not us.

Can you explain?  If he's on the Jaguars roster, why wouldn't the Jaguars pay it?

Mia touches on it at 16:05 in the video below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlbEOPv-gSc

(11-02-2022, 07:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 07:24 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: Can you explain?  If he's on the Jaguars roster, why wouldn't the Jaguars pay it?

Mia touches on it at 16:05 in the video below.

Sorry, I'm still not getting it.  I understand we don't have to pay him this year with him being suspended.  I understand that the fifth year option, which would have been this year, will be next year instead.  I don't understand why the Jaguars wouldn't have to pay him next year if he's on our roster.

(11-02-2022, 08:44 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 07:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Mia touches on it at 16:05 in the video below.

Sorry, I'm still not getting it.  I understand we don't have to pay him this year with him being suspended.  I understand that the fifth year option, which would have been this year, will be next year instead.  I don't understand why the Jaguars wouldn't have to pay him next year if he's on our roster.

Probably something to do with "guaranteed" money?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Typical Jag’s fans, celebrating the off season
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(11-02-2022, 08:44 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 07:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Mia touches on it at 16:05 in the video below.

I don't see how we aren't paying it.

We end up taking his 5th year option which hits next year. Everything I'm seeing is that the Falcons are now going to have an extra 11 million in cap room next year.

It really sucks that he can't play this season. After looking over the Falcons message board and at his stats, it seems in 2021 he was pretty average and then left for "mental health" issues shortly prior to his suspension. So on one hand, if he can come in and play like he did in 2020 we got a stud for pennies. If not we don't lose much, but it just sucks to have to wait a full year to find out.