Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Should Dave Caldwell stay if Bradley is fired?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Does Dave Caldwell deserve a second opportunity to hire a coach?

Dave does get a second shot but on a short leash.  To be called a "good GM" we have to start winning games. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Dave does get a second shot but on a short leash.  To be called a "good GM" we have to start winning games. 
No way. I don't think he deserves a "short leash" and I don't think Shad is that kind of owner thankfully. The only way Dave gets put under pressure is if his drafts start busting or his big money FA signings suck.

Nobody should want Caldwell (or Idzik or any of the other guys at the top) gone. They've done great things in the draft, they've got the Jags in the best cap situation in the NFL and they've shown they're willing to learn from mistakes, admit to them and correct them. Firing Caldwell would set this franchise back years.

Quote:.....Nobody should want Caldwell (or Idzik or any of the other guys at the top) gone. They've done great things in the draft, they've got the Jags in the best cap situation in the NFL and they've shown they're willing to learn from mistakes, admit to them and correct them. Firing Caldwell would set this franchise back years.

I agree....really two separate issues if it comes to Gus hitting the trail....which I hope it doesn't.

It's taken Dave several years now to get this team back to players that give us even a hope of being competitive.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:The "extension" was just lip service, the truth is if this team doesn't win games this year Gus is gone.They gave him extension to prevent all of the questions from media heads about his job security, that's a distraction for any team but especially a young team like the Jags.

While I agree, I was talking about the organizational patience being extended, not his contract extension.