Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Should Dave Caldwell stay if Bradley is fired?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Does Dave Caldwell deserve a second opportunity to hire a coach?

Pretty sure Caldwell could show up to work wearing a different Titans jersey for 53 straight days, one to honor each player of the 1999 AFC champions, and still not get more than a polite request from Boselli and Lageman to not do that again.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah Caldwell good for now...

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2016, 08:20 PM by SeldomRite.)

Yes, but I'm not sure he'll get the chance to choose. Khan could make the selection on his own. Dave's shown a great ability to evaluate player talent but so far has no positive track record for selecting coaching talent.

Hopefully, the team wins this year and we don't have to worry about it.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Yes, but I'm not sure he'll get the chance to choose. Khan could make the selection on his own. Dave's shown a great ability to evaluate player talent but so far has no positive track record for selecting coaching talent.

I'd be real surprised if that happened. Khan has said that he's going to let his "football guys" make football decisions. If Khan hired a coach who didn't share the same philosophies as Caldwell on the direction of this team he runs the risk of losing Caldwell. Being that Caldwell was a rookie GM when he was hired, I have to believe that Khan would give him a second chance to pick his own coach.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Um... Yes? Why wouldnt he?

Voted yes, but saying no..

Because rebel..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Shad wanted to keep Gus so how could he fire Dave for giving him another year?

Quote:Yes, but I'm not sure he'll get the chance to choose. Khan could make the selection on his own. Dave's shown a great ability to evaluate player talent but so far has no positive track record for selecting coaching talent.
1 doesn't come close to proving a track record in either direction to be fair...even if Bradley was a hit.

No doubt the way I see it. I'd certainly hope so.

My enthusiasm for the team would take a major blow were he to be let go.

I'll always root Jags and scour websites 365 days a year for info and be interested...but man, it's really encouraging as a fan to feel like you're moving in the right direction and have sustainable leadership (Khan, Caldwell, Lamping) calling the shots.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2016, 12:12 AM by JAXsonVIL.)

I'm curious who will be on the list if the ship sinks this year.

Quote:I'm curious who will be on the list of the ship sinks this year.

We've changed both Coordinator positions already. There's only one more guy left.

Quote:We've changed both Coordinator positions already. There's only one more guy left.

That's what I'm wondering. Who will be on the HC list for Dave.

Quote:That's what I'm wondering. Who will be on the HC list for Dave.
Tom Coughlin, Fred Taylor, Doug Marrone

Quote:Tom Coughlin, Fred Taylor, Doug Marrone

Doubt it.

Doubt it.

Maybe.

Caldwell isn't the problem

A year ago my answer wouldve been no but Caldwell has changed my mind and made me a believer.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

IMHO definitely yes. Whatever happens this year Dave should stay and have the same role and power next year.

I just wonder how many of you 'yes' voters will still be saying this should the situation arise. If Gus is gets canned, that means the we didn't improve enough from last year to this. That will mean some/most/all of Dave's recent/unproven draft picks and new signings didn't pan out.

How many of you will still be giving Dave the benefit of the doubt if Jackson and Ivory take the money and get fat, Fowler keeps running into OTs expecting them to just fall over, Thomas doesn't turn it around, Jack and Ramsey don't get it figured out in year 1, Myers costs a bunch of games with missed XPs and Joke keeps playing on roller skates, a number 3 WR doesn't emerge etc etc?

Not saying you guys are fickle or anything, but I'm guessing this poll looks pretty different if we finish with 7 wins or fewer.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:Caldwell was a highly sought after rookie GM. Even if he whiffed on Bradley, he's been a monster on draft day. Zane Beadles aside, he's done well in FA too. Let Caldwell go and see how many teams fall over themselves trying to sign him. No offense, but the thread title is a silly question.
Toby Gerhart says hello.

Quote:IMHO definitely yes. Whatever happens this year Dave should stay and have the same role and power next year.

I just wonder how many of you 'yes' voters will still be saying this should the situation arise. If Gus is gets canned, that means the we didn't improve enough from last year to this. That will mean some/most/all of Dave's recent/unproven draft picks and new signings didn't pan out.

How many of you will still be giving Dave the benefit of the doubt if Jackson and Ivory take the money and get fat, Fowler keeps running into OTs expecting them to just fall over, Thomas doesn't turn it around, Jack and Ramsey don't get it figured out in year 1, Myers costs a bunch of games with missed XPs and Joke keeps playing on roller skates, a number 3 WR doesn't emerge etc etc?

Not saying you guys are fickle or anything, but I'm guessing this poll looks pretty different if we finish with 7 wins or fewer. 

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);"> 

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);"> 

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Dave Caldwell has selected Blake Bortles, Allen Robinson, Telvin Smith, Brandon Linder and found Allen Hurns. He stays no matter what the record is this year and its up to the coach to get the best out of his talented roster especially after the GM provided to you on a silver platter. My friend, teams around the league won more games with less talent than what we have on this roster right now so no more excuses for Gus at all. 

[Image: giphy.gif]