Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Wants to Suspend Constitution?

(12-05-2022, 02:48 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 02:44 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Reprehensible as it is, Twitter's suppression of tweets they didn't like is not a violation of the Constitution.  The First Amendment says, "The government shall make no law..."  Twitter is not the government, so it seems to me that they have a right to publish or not publish what they want.

It was a simple question.

But what if government is using that platform to actively suppress speech?

The First Amendment says, 

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

So in your hypothetical, what exactly is the government doing to actively suppress speech?  I need more specifics before I can answer that question.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-05-2022, 02:48 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 02:44 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Reprehensible as it is, Twitter's suppression of tweets they didn't like is not a violation of the Constitution.  The First Amendment says, "The government shall make no law..."  Twitter is not the government, so it seems to me that they have a right to publish or not publish what they want.

But what if government is using that platform to actively suppress speech?

I don't understand your question.  Does the Twitter platform somehow mute other sites?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2022, 02:58 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-05-2022, 02:55 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:

It's a simple answer. You care more about Trump than the intentional manipulation of the public by people with real power. Trump's only power is his words. Get over your stupid [BLEEP] obsession with the guy and start getting mad about real abuse of our system. 

Biden is a puppet. The dude doesn't even know where he is half the time. He's not running America. The same people pulling his strings are the ones intentionally manipulating the news we digest. They cover up for real charlatans. They actually abuse their power for their own gains, and it's actually hurting common Americans. EVERYTHING they said would happen under Trump has actually happened under the Biden administration, short of nuclear war. 

Then, when their deviant acts come to light, you focus on a narcissistic loudmouth and direct all of your discontentment in his direction. NOT at the people who are stealing your money and power. Grow up. Trump has ZERO institutional power. None.

Do you think the Constitution should be suspended so Trump can be installed as President?  Yes or no?

What if Twitter, or any other platform, actively censors their content at the behest of a government entity? Does that constitute a violation of First Amendment rights?

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2022, 03:13 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

How, Marty? You tell me how we are going to right this ship? We are going to vote them out next election? Lol. You can't even get upset about being blatantly manipulated. The inflation isn't enough. The erosion of the middle class isn't enough. The BILLIONS of dollars we give away to foreign countries isn't enough. The dismantling of our border isn't enough. The grooming of our children isn't enough. You won't even consider the idea that they would conspire to steal elections, despite multiple provable instances of government and corporate manipulation of our systems. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you ignore yet another story of establishment abuse to focus on a "truth" or whatever it's called that Trump uses as his twitter substituted.

Let me ask you a question? How did you know about his opinion? Are you following his account? Or, just maybe, is his voice amplified by all the right channels so you can be told what to think about him. I know I'm certainly not following the guy. How do I know about this? How do you know about this? Could it be that it was served up to you on a silver platter so you could "fight the good fight." Trump should be irrelevant by now. It's the left... not the right, that keeps him front and center.

(12-05-2022, 02:57 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 02:55 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's a simple answer. You care more about Trump than the intentional manipulation of the public by people with real power. Trump's only power is his words. Get over your stupid [BLEEP] obsession with the guy and start getting mad about real abuse of our system. 

Biden is a puppet. The dude doesn't even know where he is half the time. He's not running America. The same people pulling his strings are the ones intentionally manipulating the news we digest. They cover up for real charlatans. They actually abuse their power for their own gains, and it's actually hurting common Americans. EVERYTHING they said would happen under Trump has actually happened under the Biden administration, short of nuclear war. 

Then, when their deviant acts come to light, you focus on a narcissistic loudmouth and direct all of your discontentment in his direction. NOT at the people who are stealing your money and power. Grow up. Trump has ZERO institutional power. None.

Do you think the Constitution should be suspended so Trump can be installed as President?  Yes or no?

I don't care what Trump says. Why are you wasting time asking that question?

Let me ask you a different question. A hypothetical question: If it became clear that DeSantis was deprived of the Presidency through manipulation of information by media and big tech companies, illegal collecting of ballots, partisan vote counting, and selective enforcement of the law, what would you propose? Your answer will get to the heart of my answer.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2022, 03:38 PM by The Real Marty.)

(12-05-2022, 03:08 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: How, Marty? You tell me how we are going to right this ship? We are going to vote them out next election? Lol. You can't even get upset about being blatantly manipulated. The inflation isn't enough. The erosion of the middle class isn't enough. The BILLIONS of dollars we give away to foreign countries isn't enough. The dismantling of our border isn't enough. The grooming of our children isn't enough. You won't even consider the idea that they would conspire to steal elections, despite multiple provable instances of government and corporate manipulation of our systems. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you ignore yet another story of establishment abuse to focus on a "truth" or whatever it's called that Trump uses as his twitter substituted.

Let me ask you a question? How did you know about his opinion? Are you following his account? Or, just maybe, is his voice amplified by all the right channels so you can be told what to think about him. I know I'm certainly not following the guy. How do I know about this? How do you know about this? Could it be that it was served up to you on a silver platter so you could "fight the good fight." Trump should be irrelevant by now. It's the left... not the right, that keeps him front and center.

(12-05-2022, 02:57 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Do you think the Constitution should be suspended so Trump can be installed as President?  Yes or no?

I don't care what Trump says. Why are you wasting time asking that question?

Let me ask you a different question. A hypothetical question: If it became clear that DeSantis was deprived of the Presidency through manipulation of information by media and big tech companies, illegal collecting of ballots, partisan vote counting, and selective enforcement of the law, what would you propose? Your answer will get to the heart of my answer.

If the hypothetical you propose did occur, I would say go to court and prove your case.  That's what I would propose- take it to court.  

Now, I have answered your question, but apparently you are not going to answer my very simple question.  You refuse to answer whether the Constitution should be suspended so Trump can be installed as President.  Why?  Why not just say, "no, I do not think the Constitution should be suspended so Trump can be installed as President."  Why not just say that?

(12-05-2022, 03:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: What if Twitter, or any other platform, actively censors their content at the behest of a government entity? Does that constitute a violation of First Amendment rights?

If the government FORCED them to say or not say anything, that would be a violation of Twitter's First Amendment rights.

Great. Go to court. Now... strictly hypothetical, the courts won't hear it due to standing. And then it happens again in the next election. What do you do?

You know what, I don't care what you do. The point I am making is that, at some point, if the system is not working as designed, you are going to have to work outside it, EVEN if you want it restored.

I have gone on record after 2020 that I didn't believe, under any circumstance, that Trump should be reinstated, and said that Biden was President. I also stated that voting needed to be cleaned up, laws needed to be changed to insure the integrity of the voting process so that people would feel confident their results reflected the reality of the situation. That didn't happen, and we have the same problem. EVEN if everything is exactly what we see and people are voting for Democrats in historic numbers (which they aren't), the more people believe the system is rigged, the more they are going to want to work outside the system to fix it.

It's on people like YOU to stop focusing on Trump and start putting pressure on the people exploiting it so that the vast majority of the people in this country feel confident that their voice matters. You can't do that as long as you think Trump is the real problem. He goes away when we clean up the establishment. Your priorities are wrong. Stop pointing to the symptom (Trump) and start addressing the root of the corruption (not Trump).

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2022, 06:56 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-05-2022, 07:00 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: ‘The nomination is mine.’

[Image: c79a5ba4-e7d3-49c0-ad19-06b685bcd033-des...&auto=webp]
Ron will get my vote in the primaries if he runs, that’s for sure. I already planned on that.  Mikesez can’t vote in the primary, for obvious reasons.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2022, 09:06 PM by mikesez.)

(12-05-2022, 06:37 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: You know what, I don't care what you do. The point I am making is that, at some point, if the system is not working as designed, you are going to have to work outside it, EVEN if you want it restored.

I have gone on record after 2020 that I didn't believe, under any circumstance, that Trump should be reinstated, and said that Biden was President. I also stated that voting needed to be cleaned up, laws needed to be changed to insure the integrity of the voting process so that people would feel confident their results reflected the reality of the situation. That didn't happen, and we have the same problem. EVEN if everything is exactly what we see and people are voting for Democrats in historic numbers (which they aren't), the more people believe the system is rigged, the more they are going to want to work outside the system to fix it.

It's on people like YOU to stop focusing on Trump and start putting pressure on the people exploiting it so that the vast majority of the people in this country feel confident that their voice matters. You can't do that as long as you think Trump is the real problem. He goes away when we clean up the establishment. Your priorities are wrong. Stop pointing to the symptom (Trump) and start addressing the root of the corruption (not Trump).

I agree that Trump is one problem while the parge number of people who believe that elections are being rigged is a separate but related problem.

But this group is far from a majority, and this group never would have tried anything like Jan 6th without Trump egging them on.

But who do you blame for this large minority of people who think elections are being rigged? Who was it and what did they do? Do you have proof?

(12-05-2022, 06:55 PM)Jags Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 07:00 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: ‘The nomination is mine.’

[Image: c79a5ba4-e7d3-49c0-ad19-06b685bcd033-des...&auto=webp]
Ron will get my vote in the primaries if he runs, that’s for sure. I already planned on that.  Mikesez can’t vote in the primary, for obvious reasons.

I can't vote in the Democrats' primary.  But I can vote in the Republican one.  And I'll probably vote for Ron.  I did in 2018.

(12-05-2022, 09:05 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 06:37 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: You know what, I don't care what you do. The point I am making is that, at some point, if the system is not working as designed, you are going to have to work outside it, EVEN if you want it restored.

I agree that Trump is one problem while the parge number of people who believe that elections are being rigged is a separate but related problem.

But this group is far from a majority, and this group never would have tried anything like Jan 6th without Trump egging them on.

But who do you blame for this large minority of people who think elections are being rigged? Who was it and what did they do? Do you have proof?

(12-05-2022, 06:55 PM)Jags Wrote: Ron will get my vote in the primaries if he runs, that’s for sure. I already planned on that.  Mikesez can’t vote in the primary, for obvious reasons.

I can't vote in the Democrats' primary.  But I can vote in the Republican one.  And I'll probably vote for Ron.  I did in 2018.

Highly doubtful.

We've had this conversation ad nauseum, Mikey. Even the appearance of fraud needs to be off the table. We can't have that discussion because you've fallen for the lie that voter id is racist and mail in ballots are totally safe. You also don't get mad enough about Democrats having a backdoor access to 95% of social media and news outlets. You also don't get mad enough about disproportionate amounts of money being given to "train" vote counters in cities that favor democrats and the lopsided amounts of formerly invalid votes that are now being counted. 3% to .3%. You also don't care about ballot harvesting, and individuals dropping huge batches of votes at a time, and somehow all of them take a picture of the amount of votes they're dropping off. I could keep going, but it's a lost cause. Trump, Trump, Trump. The boogeyman is gonna get you.

(12-05-2022, 02:35 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: "Hey everyone. We stole the election through manipulation and fraud. Now we'll hide behind the constitution (a document we really don't care about unless it's convenient) to say you can't challenge any of it. Sorry pals, better luck next time." -Every democrat and easily duped sap in the US.

TDS is real, ya'll.

They fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

They are all saying we need to uphold the constitution. What does the constitution say about treason?

(12-05-2022, 02:37 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 02:35 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: "Hey everyone. We stole the election through manipulation and fraud. Now we'll hide behind the constitution (a document we really don't care about unless it's convenient) to say you can't challenge any of it. Sorry pals, better luck next time." -Every democrat and easily duped sap in the US.

TDS is real, ya'll.

Do you think we should suspend the Constitution so Trump can be installed as President?

Did you read all the Truth posts or did you hand pick part of one of them? The RINOs were even out front leading this. This is a media effort and you need to realize you are being brainwashed and manipulated into this thinking. Read everything Trump posted and you will see what the full statement was.

If the entire system is corrupt, how do you expect the constitution to matter? They don't follow it, so there is no way to enforce with the corruption that is taking place. It's on both sides, all courts, agencies, etc. There is precedent for declaring the rightful winning person or redoing the elect. That's what he said in another truth. Then there is the other option when the constitution has no other option to deal with that other than being suspended and following martial law because the corruption is too large.

Brazil may be taking the last route this week.

There is also a case at the Supreme Court that surprisingly got docketed for January that could potentially blown the whole system up. They haven't agreed to hear the case yet but they will actually listen to arguments and decide on hearing it. Basically it is a national security case stating that congress was required by law to pause and investigate the fraud and hear the alternate electors. Close to 400 members are named and the outcome if they win would be removal from office, forbidden from holding office again, and then potentially even leading to treason.

Now I doubt any of that happens but the law and argument is very logical and should force a correct ruling if they are not corrupt. Same way anyone in the government used Twitter to silence people's 1st amendment rights is treason.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(12-06-2022, 12:49 AM)p_rushing Wrote:

TDS is real, ya'll.

They fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

They are all saying we need to uphold the constitution. What does the constitution say about treason?

(12-05-2022, 02:37 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Do you think we should suspend the Constitution so Trump can be installed as President?

Did you read all the Truth posts or did you hand pick part of one of them? The RINOs were even out front leading this. This is a media effort and you need to realize you are being brainwashed and manipulated into this thinking. Read everything Trump posted and you will see what the full statement was.

If the entire system is corrupt, how do you expect the constitution to matter? They don't follow it, so there is no way to enforce with the corruption that is taking place. It's on both sides, all courts, agencies, etc. There is precedent for declaring the rightful winning person or redoing the elect. That's what he said in another truth. Then there is the other option when the constitution has no other option to deal with that other than being suspended and following martial law because the corruption is too large.

There is also a case at the Supreme Court that surprisingly got docketed for January that could potentially blown the whole system up. They haven't agreed to hear the case yet but they will actually listen to arguments and decide on hearing it. Basically it is a national security case stating that congress was required by law to pause and investigate the fraud and hear the alternate electors. Close to 400 members are named and the outcome if they win would be removal from office, forbidden from holding office again, and then potentially even leading to treason.

Now I doubt any of that happens but the law and argument is very logical and should force a correct ruling if they are not corrupt. Same way anyone in the government used Twitter to silence people's 1st amendment rights is treason.

I don't belong to Truth Social, so I cannot read the original posts.  I am relying on the media, ALL of whom are reporting the same thing.  If you belong to Truth Social, and you think this has been mis-characterized, take a screen shot of the posts in question and show them here.

(12-05-2022, 11:50 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: We've had this conversation ad nauseum, Mikey. Even the appearance of fraud needs to be off the table. We can't have that discussion because you've fallen for the lie that voter id is racist and mail in ballots are totally safe. You also don't get mad enough about Democrats having a backdoor access to 95% of social media and news outlets. You also don't get mad enough about disproportionate amounts of money being given to "train" vote counters in cities that favor democrats and the lopsided amounts of formerly invalid votes that are now being counted. 3% to .3%. You also don't care about ballot harvesting, and individuals dropping huge batches of votes at a time, and somehow all of them take a picture of the amount of votes they're dropping off. I could keep going, but it's a lost cause. Trump, Trump, Trump. The boogeyman is gonna get you.

I never claimed that voter ID was racist.
Oregon has been voting *entirely* by mail for 22 years.  11 federal cycles.  Where was the fraud? Did anyone find any? Did anyone look?
And I know a story about training election workers.   It takes place in 3 or 4 precincts in the Northside of Duval County in 2000.  Do you know this story? I think you will like the outcome, but, you might not like the story. The story will demonstrate that "training" shenanigans are a very old trick going back decades if not centuries.

(12-06-2022, 09:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 12:49 AM)p_rushing Wrote: They fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

I don't belong to Truth Social, so I cannot read the original posts.  I am relying on the media, ALL of whom are reporting the same thing.  If you belong to Truth Social, and you think this has been mis-characterized, take a screen shot of the posts in question and show them here.
You don't have to have an account. Just go to the url and remove the post # and you can see everything.

The MSM has always said the same thing, it's why people believe the lies. They can claim the experts are all saying the same thing, they just don't know all the experts are playing for the same team and reporting the same narrative.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2022, 12:50 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-06-2022, 10:46 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 09:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't belong to Truth Social, so I cannot read the original posts.  I am relying on the media, ALL of whom are reporting the same thing.  If you belong to Truth Social, and you think this has been mis-characterized, take a screen shot of the posts in question and show them here.
You don't have to have an account. Just go to the url and remove the post # and you can see everything.

The MSM has always said the same thing, it's why people believe the lies. They can claim the experts are all saying the same thing, they just don't know all the experts are playing for the same team and reporting the same narrative.

Here is his post on Truth Social.  How was he misquoted?  

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump...3240069864

(12-06-2022, 12:08 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 10:46 AM)p_rushing Wrote: You don't have to have an account. Just go to the url and remove the post # and you can see everything.

Here is his post on Truth Social.  How was he misquoted?  

Let me ask you a question Marty.. Why do you [BLEEP] care?!? Obviously you don't give a [BLEEP] on what the democrats have done or a are currently doing. All you care about is what Trump said. Trump isn't even our President right now and you care more about what he spouted off than what Biden and his cronies have done within the last 2-3 years.

Dude was running off at the mouth like normal. That's his shtick..

Maybe get your head out of your [BLEEP] and not concentrate on mean tweets once in a while.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(12-06-2022, 12:59 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 12:08 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Here is his post on Truth Social.  How was he misquoted?  

Let me ask you a question Marty.. Why do you [BLEEP] care?!? Obviously you don't give a [BLEEP] on what the democrats have done or a are currently doing. All you care about is what Trump said. Trump isn't even our President right now and you care more about what he spouted off than what Biden and his cronies have done within the last 2-3 years.

Maybe get your head out of your [BLEEP] and not concentrate on mean tweets once in a while.

Trump took an oath to support the Constitution.  So did Biden.  Even if Biden violated his oath (he didn’t) doesn't mean Trump is excused from violating his.  Each man has his own decision and his own rationale.

(12-06-2022, 02:00 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 12:59 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Let me ask you a question Marty.. Why do you [BLEEP] care?!? Obviously you don't give a [BLEEP] on what the democrats have done or a are currently doing. All you care about is what Trump said. Trump isn't even our President right now and you care more about what he spouted off than what Biden and his cronies have done within the last 2-3 years.

Trump took an oath to support the Constitution.  So did Biden.  Even if Biden violated his oath (he didn’t) doesn't mean Trump is excused from violating his.  Each man has his own decision and his own rationale.

You, don't even talk to me.. This is you, on your way to vote for Liz Cheney. You're a smart lad, I'm sure you'll get the reference.

[Image: 0893e2659d1e6e0c94328019bc6d0319.gif]
[Image: SaKG4.gif]