Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevor Lawrence: Franchise QB (TL Discussion, Merged Threads)

Trevor had been playing golf, so I assume his rehab went well

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-01-2024, 04:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 04:04 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: The error was in expecting Fortner, who was a first year player, to come in stronger in year 2 and he didn't.  Many of our other problems stem from this as has been said ad nauseam.  I think many of the complaints about specific draft picks would be less loud if a)Fortner would have come in stronger last year or b)they would have had legitimate competition for him at the position.  Tough to not still trust your evaluation of a guy (Fortner) only 1 year later, so I don't blame them on not giving up on him, but they didn't have a contingency for him on the roster and they clearly should have.  That's the error of 2023 in my opinion.  They will at the very least have a contingency for him this year I have no doubt if they don't outright replace him.

I've said this before, but Bigsby in a small sample started to visibly look very good to me in the last game or two, stats aside.  He looked like he was running strong with purpose and confidence which was in contrast to how much of the season looked for him prior to that.

Agreed. There's hope for Bigsby. Just as long as he holds onto the football. Fortner I just don't know. Two years in. 37 career starts in. I appreciate his ability to stay healthy but he just doesn't seem to have "it" and he's too lost or overpowered at times. 

The lack of contingency plans for that offensive line in 2023 in general was concerning. Having the historical injuries with Cam Robinson at LT, Ben Bartch coming back from not playing football since October of 2022, Scherff's historical injuries and then only addressing the RT position early was just bad.

The admission of failure there lies within them trading for Ezra Cleveland before the deadline. The luxury picks of a glorified FB in RD2 and a turnover prone (again, knew this leaving Auburn) in RD3 is what makes it unforgivable.

Bro I feel ya on the glorified FB in round 2. I don’t know what this dude is thinking. 

If we don’t leave the draft with some DT’s prior to round 3, he needs to be shown the door. He’s doing to have us in a mess.

(03-10-2024, 03:42 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Anyone hear how Trevor's rehab is going from his 4 injuries?

After the Mac Jones trade, it made me a tad worried that maybe he is behind in that regard?

I would not worry about that.

(03-18-2024, 07:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1011...iwHvsXPo8I

Every Jag fan knows this to be true.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-20-2024, 04:50 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1770506927224565933

If you believe the stats tell the whole story and think they are comparable as players you're an idiot.
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2024, 05:25 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-20-2024, 04:50 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1770506927224565933

This is an old tweet and has been posted around here before.  It also lacks context in that it equal weights  all 50 starts versus putting emphasis on the more recent games which would include the last 17 or 34. I think a comparison with actual thought behind it would leave most with a completely different perspective than this drive by tweet does.  Such a tweet is either crafted by a moron or perhaps by a CBS employee troll intending to mislead.  I think even most casuals around the league would agree that even without a more thoughtful stat comparison, the eye test alone shows Trevor Lawrence to be a superior quarterback to Daniel Jones.

(03-20-2024, 05:21 PM)nhiverson Wrote:

If you believe the stats tell the whole story and think they are comparable as players you're an idiot.

*your

(03-21-2024, 07:35 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 05:21 PM)nhiverson Wrote: If you believe the stats tell the whole story and think they are comparable as players you're an idiot.

*your

you are?
No Fun

Pretty clear to anyone that actually watches football, and doesnt just look at boxscores, that TLaw is clearly superior.

This season Trev has the chance to ascend to the upper echelon of QBs, while DJ will be lucky to survive the season as the Giants starting QB.

The whole thing is due to Trevors draft hype as a generational, cant miss quarterback.

You can draw some similarities between the two as far as suspect coaching and bad olines. I will say while the jags dont have the greatest wideouts, Im sure DJ would love to have Kirk, Zay, and Gabe, so it can always be worse ha.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2024, 10:23 AM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-21-2024, 09:12 AM)g1ml3t Wrote:

Pretty clear to anyone that actually watches football, and doesnt just look at boxscores, that TLaw is clearly superior.

This season Trev has the chance to ascend to the upper echelon of QBs, while DJ will be lucky to survive the season as the Giants starting QB.

The whole thing is due to Trevors draft hype as a generational, cant miss quarterback.

You can draw some similarities between the two as far as suspect coaching and bad olines. I will say while the jags dont have the greatest wideouts, Im sure DJ would love to have Kirk, Zay, and Gabe, so it can always be worse ha.

Compared to his contemporaries. He's doing just fine. 18 wins over the last two years. At least two play-off game appearances and a play-off comeback win for the ages. This is with him learning a new system and technically a new play caller for the third straight year in a row on offense. 

Zach Wilson didn't do that.
Mac Jones didn't do that.
Daniel Jones didn't do that. 
Justin Fields didn't do that. 
Trey Lance didn't do that. 

With that said, it's year four, I am not giving him passes this year on the turnovers unless it's an obvious one that wasn't on him. He still needs to protect the football better while running with it or moving around in the pocket with it. He still has to make better decisions and figure out situational football and clock management as well.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-20-2024, 05:21 PM)nhiverson Wrote: If you believe the stats tell the whole story and think they are comparable as players you're an idiot.

*your

Buuuuhhwwaaaa!!! FAIL!!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

*your

[Image: 67dcbfb374c4f552b0f7fb3df8e1c4095e1ac700.gifv]
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

*your

Bro, delete this  Laughing Trevor=/=Mac, although both have left more to be desired early in their young careers. Hoping Mac brings a little competitiveness  to camp, get Trevor locked in for the regular season.

*your

Hahahaha

(03-21-2024, 08:54 AM)nhiverson Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 07:35 AM)Mikey Wrote: *your

you are?

but whenever used in the phrase "your an idiot", the proper spelling is your. You have to sink to their level.

Great, and now I've stooped to the depths of jokesplaining.

(03-21-2024, 04:38 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 08:54 AM)nhiverson Wrote: you are?

but whenever used in the phrase "your an idiot", the proper spelling is your. You have to sink to their level.

I don’t get it…

Big Grin
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-21-2024, 04:38 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 08:54 AM)nhiverson Wrote: you are?

Just admit you messed up and move on.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(03-21-2024, 05:05 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 04:38 PM)Mikey Wrote: but whenever used in the phrase "your an idiot", the proper spelling is your. You have to sink to their level.

I don’t get it…

Big Grin
You should of known better