Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevor Lawrence: Franchise QB (TL Discussion, Merged Threads)

(12-11-2022, 07:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/CalvinRidley1/status...b354WMakKA

Oh hell yeah! If he comes in football ready and ready to make a point mentally then this passing O is going to be scary good. 

We'll have Rodgers and Brady getting interested with that WR room

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-11-2022, 07:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/CalvinRidley1/status...b354WMakKA

That’s a nice endorsement by the “new guy”!

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2022, 07:48 PM by rpr52121. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-11-2022, 07:40 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Anyone notice how Trevor gets an edge to him when he's winning? His waving to the tacks fans and then talking smack after the game showed he's been bottling up some emotion for quite some time.

That wave was righteous. I've never seen him do something like that before. To me, he was indicating what sore losers the fans were for treating their team the way they did. Then the team turned around and did him dirty on the last snap, so he told them as well.

This is the Trevor the team needs to see more.

I think the team has seen this side of him. T-Law just hasn't shown it much publicly for the fans to see it. And to be fair that is probably the right move. He was playing way too inconsistently before this recent stretch to start doing these things. He would have gotten flamed for it.

(12-11-2022, 07:42 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:

Oh hell yeah! If he comes in football ready and ready to make a point mentally then this passing O is going to be scary good. 

I know he can't practice, but are the Jags allowed to communicate with him while he is suspended?

The basic offense isn't going to change dramatically between this season and next. Wouldn't hurt for him to already have the playbook.

(12-11-2022, 07:44 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(12-11-2022, 07:40 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Anyone notice how Trevor gets an edge to him when he's winning? His waving to the tacks fans and then talking smack after the game showed he's been bottling up some emotion for quite some time.

That wave was righteous. I've never seen him do something like that before. To me, he was indicating what sore losers the fans were for treating their team the way they did. Then the team turned around and did him dirty on the last snap, so he told them as well.

I think the team has seen this side of him. T-Law just hasn't shown it much publicly for the fans to see it.

TL has been coming out of his shell recently.  I love the fire he showed towards the end as well.  Getting into the face of the defenders after the kneel down and I’m on the fence about the waiving to the crowd. It does show that desire to win and be great.  There was one play, he evaded a sack and made a completion for a small gain.  He’s not on his level, but watching that play reminded of something Rodgers has done a lot.

Hes had to listen to a lot of 'experts' say how bad he has been the last year and a half. Found it very telling during that interview about QB's taking responsibility for losses and listed the HC's he's had that helped him and didn't say Meyer. He never lost doubt in his ability and we now have a HC and players around him that are helping him.

I also think its the players buying into to Jacksonville. They know the T*tans are our biggest rivals for fans and today they played like it was a rivalry game. We are turning that corner with regards attitude and how people see us. We aren't that laughing stock team anymore, people are starting to notice us for good reasons now. And thats mainly down to Lawrence and Pederson.

Confidence comes with consistency and winning. He also holds himself accountable. He's a winner. It hurt him last year to fail and after that Lions loss he said what needed to be said.

This team is heading in the right direction. Defense be damned. You build around HIM. Go get him Skoronski. Go get him Mayer. Go get him Hyatt. Put up some points. Let the defense pin their ears back.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-11-2022, 07:44 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:

I think the team has seen this side of him. T-Law just hasn't shown it much publicly for the fans to see it. And to be fair that is probably the right move. He was playing way too inconsistently before this recent stretch to start doing these things. He would have gotten flamed for it.

(12-11-2022, 07:42 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Oh hell yeah! If he comes in football ready and ready to make a point mentally then this passing O is going to be scary good. 

I know he can't practice, but are the Jags allowed to communicate with him while he is suspended?

The basic offense isn't going to change dramatically between this season and next. Wouldn't hurt for him to already have the playbook.

I'm not 100% sure but don't think we can yet. As far as I know he's suspended from all football activities so can't go into the building etc. I hope once we hit the offseason there may be some flexibility as I fully expect the league to let him back as soon as his ban is up.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2022, 07:56 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I didn’t see this when I posted.  But absolutely noticed it.  I’m not sure I’m with you on the waiving aspect.  I didn’t hate it, though.  It lets me know he’s fired up and ready to be the QB he was expected to be. Lets me know that he’s ready to go back to winning.  Once that happens, he may find it best to dial it down a bit.  Man, UM [BLEEP] this place up.

(12-11-2022, 07:51 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(12-11-2022, 07:44 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: I think the team has seen this side of him. T-Law just hasn't shown it much publicly for the fans to see it. And to be fair that is probably the right move. He was playing way too inconsistently before this recent stretch to start doing these things. He would have gotten flamed for it.

I'm not 100% sure but don't think we can yet. As far as I know he's suspended from all football activities so can't go into the building etc. I hope once we hit the offseason there may be some flexibility as I fully expect the league to let him back as soon as his ban is up.

The team (coaches etc) can't have any contact with him until his suspension is lifted and even then it'll be limited in what they can talk about per the rules during the off season etc.

(12-11-2022, 07:57 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-11-2022, 07:51 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I'm not 100% sure but don't think we can yet. As far as I know he's suspended from all football activities so can't go into the building etc. I hope once we hit the offseason there may be some flexibility as I fully expect the league to let him back as soon as his ban is up.

The team (coaches etc) can't have any contact with him until his suspension is lifted and even then it'll be limited in what they can talk about per the rules during the off season etc.

That's what I thought it may be. I think his suspension hearing is around 15th February. I imagine the earliest we could get him in would be around draft time but wouldn't be surprised for Lawrence and him to have an unofficial meetup in the offseason.

There's nothing more satisfying than this right here, right now.

We curb stomped that filthy franchise. And they deserved it and their fans knew it, too.

Just glorious. Feels good, man

(12-11-2022, 08:09 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(12-11-2022, 07:57 PM)Eric1 Wrote: The team (coaches etc) can't have any contact with him until his suspension is lifted and even then it'll be limited in what they can talk about per the rules during the off season etc.

That's what I thought it may be. I think his suspension hearing is around 15th February. I imagine the earliest we could get him in would be around draft time but wouldn't be surprised for Lawrence and him to have an unofficial meetup in the offseason.

Yea the players can talk to him and I'm sure a number of them have. The media asked Lawrence if he had talked to him right after the trade was announced and I can't remember if he said he did or not at that time. I imagine they'll start working together not long after the season ends though. Pretty sure Ridley lives in Florida, so it's not like they'll have very far to go to meet up.

https://twitter.com/lauriefitzptrck/stat...Z3UM1akzGA

Woooo buddy.

And the throw to Zay that should have been DPI was perfect

Trevor is headed in the right direction. So far, so good…
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(12-11-2022, 08:17 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-11-2022, 08:09 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: That's what I thought it may be. I think his suspension hearing is around 15th February. I imagine the earliest we could get him in would be around draft time but wouldn't be surprised for Lawrence and him to have an unofficial meetup in the offseason.

Yea the players can talk to him and I'm sure a number of them have. The media asked Lawrence if he had talked to him right after the trade was announced and I can't remember if he said he did or not at that time. I imagine they'll start working together not long after the season ends though. Pretty sure Ridley lives in Florida, so it's not like they'll have very far to go to meet up.

That's the hope. The good thing as well is Ridley isn't a rookie so should be able to pick things up quickly and have some good ideas. They could sell tickets to that first throw around!

He must lurk this sight and read my post because I said he plays like a boy out there.

Ever since he's been playing like a MAN. He actually has a swag now. He's showing pocket presence, moving around in the pocket, and not allowing defenders to sack him with one arm now. He must have hit the weights!

I'm joking about taking credit but I stand by his transformation.

He keeps on getting better. This is fun to watch.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Just imagine if Trevor was with Doug on day one. Whew.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(12-11-2022, 09:00 PM)Dimson Wrote: Just imagine if Trevor was with Doug on day one. Whew.

Imagine if Calvin Ridley was here in prime form already.

(12-11-2022, 05:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote: He gained cool points waving goodbye to tacks fans.

That was clean!!!