Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevor Lawrence: Franchise QB (TL Discussion, Merged Threads)

Hello guys, Raiders fan from Europe here. Jaguars are one of my favorite teams outside of Raiders so I hope you would eventually turn things around. I read a lot of crap at Lawrence here but you guys need to realize that only like 4-5 teams in the league wouldn't have swapped their starter for him. This reminds me of the years of arguments in Raiders whether Carr is the guy or not and it took a lot of losing to finally let it go. Meanwhile TL has won a playoff game in Year 2 and did it the hard way. U got the QB and the HC right and should be #1 favorite in the division while Colts & Titans somehow find their QB. Texans are a tire fire and they need a lot more than drafting Bryce Young. They could end up like Bears with Fields for the next 2-3 seasons. Good luck vs KC most likely!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2023, 10:46 AM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

Question: what do you think changed from the first 4 or 5 possessions to the rest of the game?
It's not like Trevor was inaccurate or overthrowing at the beginning, but the Chargers secondary was jumping routes. Then that stopped working for them.
In the second half, the Jags were calling the same plays! They were still throwing to Samuel's side! Obviously the "execution" was better but I have to think something more specific changed...
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Maybe its already been stated somewhere on the board, but it was awesome to see Trevor audible to the play that resulted in the long quarantined TD to Zay Jones. A veteran call in his 2nd year....makes you wonder how much better he would have been this year if we'd had a decent coaching staff last year. All for a reason.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-15-2023, 10:43 AM)mikesez Wrote: Question: what do you think changed from the first 4 or 5 possessions to the rest of the game?
It's not like Trevor was inaccurate or overthrowing at the beginning, but the Chargers secondary was jumping routes.  Then that stopped working for them.
In the second half, the Jags were calling the same plays! They were still throwing to Samuel's side! Obviously the "execution" was better but I have to think something more specific changed...

First pick was bad luck - tipped. Second was a penalty on boltz- not called. Third was a bad read by Trevor. Saw him throw that exact pick against Syracuse. Fourth was either a bad decision or the defender made a good play. 

I’m sure Peterson and Trevor made some slight adjustments. I’m also sure Trevor decided he wasn’t losing.

(01-15-2023, 10:35 AM)Monzanator Wrote: Hello guys, Raiders fan from Europe here. Jaguars are one of my favorite teams outside of Raiders so I hope you would eventually turn things around. I read a lot of crap at Lawrence here but you guys need to realize that only like 4-5 teams in the league wouldn't have swapped their starter for him. This reminds me of the years of arguments in Raiders whether Carr is the guy or not and it took a lot of losing to finally let it go. Meanwhile TL has won a playoff game in Year 2 and did it the hard way. U got the QB and the HC right and should be #1 favorite in the division while Colts & Titans somehow find their QB. Texans are a tire fire and they need a lot more than drafting Bryce Young. They could end up like Bears with Fields for the next 2-3 seasons. Good luck vs KC most likely!

Greetings from across the pond!

You need to abandon that sinking garbage scow and climb aboard our bandwagon. Room for all!
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2023, 11:02 AM by JagFan81. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-15-2023, 09:33 AM)Jags Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 12:45 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: This is the problem with the haters, they still don't see it. They still wait for that first bad game or half and jump back in with the horrible takes.

We've got a franchise QB baby

[BLEEP] the haters.  I wouldn’t let them troll.  When TL has a bad game and they chip in, let in it go “in one ear out the other” so to speak.

I get you and the only thing that gets me is how they rush to their computer to come on here and bombard the chat with their stupidity. 

The good thing is it only last like 10 minutes now as Lawrence starts turning it around and they scuttle off again.

(01-15-2023, 09:43 AM)ClemsonRob Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 12:45 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: This is the problem with the haters, they still don't see it. They still wait for that first bad game or half and jump back in with the horrible takes.

We've got a franchise QB baby

Yep. 100% correct. Trevor was always the guy we all saw last night. He was that guy at Clemson. He was never going to be perfect, but he was never going to shy away from the moment. 

He overcame about the worst first half he could have had. Many would have thrown in the towel. He kept chipping away and never flinched. 

This is what a franchise quarterback is.

Says an awful lot about him. Not sure how many QB's could throw 4 picks in the first half of their first playoff game and not crumble but he answered that question... Emphatically.

Your so right, that's what Franchise QB's are and do and he showed it to the world last night.

And all the things 'he couldn't do' or people wanted to see him do, it was all there tonight. Reading the D and calling an audible for a TD, RZ TD's, Leading a comeback for the ages, getting us on the winning side of those close games.

He's growing and improving right in front of us.

(01-15-2023, 10:25 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 09:39 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: And what, exactly, is your "case"?

He filed a brief that read, "In case you couldn't tell, I'm a [BLEEP] moron."

We know Skid Mark, man do we know.

Sounds about right.

(01-15-2023, 10:35 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 09:39 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: And what, exactly, is your "case"?

Moron was the case that they gave him.

[Image: AmusingQualifiedBeaver-size_restricted.gif]

The slow burn hahahaha

Should we even be surprised the Jaguars pulled off this comeback? They have now done this in their last five homes games.

In Week 9 against the Las Vegas Raiders, the Jags fell behind by 17 points. Jacksonville came back to win.
In Week 12 against the Baltimore Ravens, the Jags fell behind by nine points. Jacksonville came back to win.
In Week 15 against the Dallas Cowboys, the Jags fell behind by 17 points. Jacksonville came back to win.
In Week 18 against the Tennessee Titans, the Jags fell behind by 10 points. Jacksonville came back to win.
In the AFC wild-card round against the Los Angeles Chargers, the Jags fell behind by 27 points. Jacksonville came back to win.
It was always the Jags!
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(01-14-2023, 10:30 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: I rest my case.

Eat a bag of [BLEEP], hater!!! LOL!!!! I said it in the game day thread once we scored right before halftime, "If we can get to within 10 points by the 4th Quarter, we'll have a shot at this". And that's what happened. Don't doubt the Franchise QB and Franchise HC, man.

(01-15-2023, 10:43 AM)mikesez Wrote: Question: what do you think changed from the first 4 or 5 possessions to the rest of the game?
It's not like Trevor was inaccurate or overthrowing at the beginning, but the Chargers secondary was jumping routes. Then that stopped working for them.

Don't get me wrong, I was pretty blitzed last night... But from my eye, it seemed that in the first half, Trevor mainly went with his first read, which was normally the shorted route. In the 2nd half, he looked towards his 2nd and 3rd reads more and was hitting the deep and intermediate routes that were open. SD was jumping the quick routes, but the 2nd and 3rd routes were open almost every time. Once that adjustment was made, the offense started clicking better.

Also, just want to point out the Refs were doing our offense no favors in the first half. There were at least 4 PI calls that should have been called for either a crucial first down or a TD. It really did look like the fix was in by the refs last night. And there is nobody that can convince me otherwise. Trevor and the Jaguars offense overcame a really good SD defense along with a very terrible officiating crew. That should be worth 2 wins, in my opinion.

(01-15-2023, 11:55 AM)carp8dm Wrote:

Eat a bag of [BLEEP], hater!!!  LOL!!!!  I said it in the game day thread once we scored right before halftime, "If we can get to within 10 points by the 4th Quarter, we'll have a shot at this".  And that's what happened.  Don't doubt the Franchise QB and Franchise HC, man.

It's not like Trevor was inaccurate or overthrowing at the beginning, but the Chargers secondary was jumping routes.  Then that stopped working for them.

Don't get me wrong, I was pretty blitzed last night...  But from my eye, it seemed that in the first half, Trevor mainly went with his first read, which was normally the shorted route.  In the 2nd half, he looked towards his 2nd and 3rd reads more and was hitting the deep and intermediate routes that were open.  SD was jumping the quick routes, but the 2nd and 3rd routes were open almost every time.  Once that adjustment was made, the offense started clicking better.

Also, just want to point out the Refs were doing our offense no favors in the first half.  There were at least 4 PI calls that should have been called for either a crucial first down or a TD.  It really did look like the fix was in by the refs last night.  And there is nobody that can convince me otherwise.  Trevor and the Jaguars offense overcame a really good SD defense along with a very terrible officiating crew.  That should be worth 2 wins, in my opinion.

Probably had Chargers first half, Jags second half, Chargers -2.5, and the over.
They aaaallllmost hit that huge parlay but Doug and Trev had different ideas

(01-15-2023, 12:01 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 11:55 AM)carp8dm Wrote: Eat a bag of [BLEEP], hater!!!  LOL!!!!  I said it in the game day thread once we scored right before halftime, "If we can get to within 10 points by the 4th Quarter, we'll have a shot at this".  And that's what happened.  Don't doubt the Franchise QB and Franchise HC, man.

Don't get me wrong, I was pretty blitzed last night...  But from my eye, it seemed that in the first half, Trevor mainly went with his first read, which was normally the shorted route.  In the 2nd half, he looked towards his 2nd and 3rd reads more and was hitting the deep and intermediate routes that were open.  SD was jumping the quick routes, but the 2nd and 3rd routes were open almost every time.  Once that adjustment was made, the offense started clicking better.

Also, just want to point out the Refs were doing our offense no favors in the first half.  There were at least 4 PI calls that should have been called for either a crucial first down or a TD.  It really did look like the fix was in by the refs last night.  And there is nobody that can convince me otherwise.  Trevor and the Jaguars offense overcame a really good SD defense along with a very terrible officiating crew.  That should be worth 2 wins, in my opinion.

Probably had Chargers first half, Jags second half, Chargers -2.5, and the over.
They aaaallllmost hit that huge parlay but Doug and Trev had different ideas

Amen

(01-15-2023, 11:55 AM)carp8dm Wrote:

Eat a bag of [BLEEP], hater!!!  LOL!!!!  I said it in the game day thread once we scored right before halftime, "If we can get to within 10 points by the 4th Quarter, we'll have a shot at this".  And that's what happened.  Don't doubt the Franchise QB and Franchise HC, man.

That's what I remember seeing too.  Trevor started moving his head and eyes more, and the Chargers weren't able to jump the routes anymore. In fact the play design might not have changed at all, but Trevor just bluffed his first and second read, intending to hit the last read all along.  Hard to do. But he did it!
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

On NFL Primetime, Booger pointed out that the chargers were sitting on the routes and jumping the quick inside passes.  Said we adjusted masterfully and started throwing to outside routes in the 2nd half.

This is soo cool!!

https://twitter.com/joshscobee10/status/...5f_49ufn6A

(01-15-2023, 01:06 PM)jagboss Wrote: This is soo cool!!
Trevor entering Waffle House after game 

(01-15-2023, 01:06 PM)jagboss Wrote: This is soo cool!!

I love this so much. So down to earth and no giant ego. Just love that he seems to love being a Jag, and not just saying it for the cameras.

Wouldn't think he's just won an NFL playoff game.

What changed? Nothing really. Just talent doing what talent does. Succeeding and excelling against all odds and obstacles.

It's not how start. It's how you finish. Did you tilt? Or did you fall? Did you buckle? Or did you crawl? Our team did both last night.

Only difference? Talent showed up. At two of the biggest jobs in sports. Quarterback and Headcoach. It's that simple. Lawrence played better than Herbert. Pederson coached better than Staley.

Two big plays last night were made due to talent and trust. Lawrence audibled to that big TD pass to Zay Jones. He read that. Caught them napping and cooked them. After dishing out four turnovers he saw those Chargers over there playing red rover, red rover and Lawrence said "a'ight bet" and sent that [BLEEP] right back on over. The top.

Pederson, finally. Calling that crucial timeout in a big moment to make the right decision instead of just letting things fly. That playcall is the playcall you go back and highlight and give a name to when you advance another game in the post season and add another feather to your cap.

We got Captains. That's what we got.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2023, 03:44 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

I think it was Tony Dungy that explained it pretty well.  The Chargers were jumping those short routes over the middle.  Our adjustment was to go more to the outside and over the top.

And by the way, here's an interesting fact: Trevor Lawrence has never lost a game on a Saturday, in high school, college, or the NFL.

I had to look up the reference.

https://twitter.com/Trevorlawrencee/stat...tgame-meme