Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevor Lawrence: Franchise QB (TL Discussion, Merged Threads)

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2023, 04:26 PM by Inziladun.)

(01-15-2023, 10:43 AM)mikesez Wrote: Question: what do you think changed from the first 4 or 5 possessions to the rest of the game?It's not like Trevor was inaccurate or overthrowing at the beginning, but the Chargers secondary was jumping routes. Then that stopped working for them.In the second half, the Jags were calling the same plays! They were still throwing to Samuel's side! Obviously the "execution" was better but I have to think something more specific changed...

Looked like the plan for TLaw was to dink and dunk and Chargers were jumping routes, combined with some bad luck and a couple missed interference calls, lead to the massive hole they had to dig themselves out of. Jags were still calling the same plays but Chargers were still jumping routes so Lawrence punished them over the top the rest of the game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-15-2023, 10:43 AM)mikesez Wrote: Question: what do you think changed from the first 4 or 5 possessions to the rest of the game?
It's not like Trevor was inaccurate or overthrowing at the beginning, but the Chargers secondary was jumping routes.  Then that stopped working for them.
In the second half, the Jags were calling the same plays! They were still throwing to Samuel's side! Obviously the "execution" was better but I have to think something more specific changed...

The Jaguars started going deep.  They were sitting on the short routes and Lawrence started beating them deep. Once they were beaten deep a few times their whole plan changed.

(01-15-2023, 04:30 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 10:43 AM)mikesez Wrote: Question: what do you think changed from the first 4 or 5 possessions to the rest of the game?
It's not like Trevor was inaccurate or overthrowing at the beginning, but the Chargers secondary was jumping routes.  Then that stopped working for them.
In the second half, the Jags were calling the same plays! They were still throwing to Samuel's side! Obviously the "execution" was better but I have to think something more specific changed...

The Jaguars started going deep.  They were sitting on the short routes and Lawrence started beating them deep. Once they were beaten deep a few times their whole plan changed.

You really saw it on the TD to Zay Jones. Lawrence audibled the play and Derwin James comes right down to play the short route and Zay Jones is as open as can be. 

They wanted to take the quick pass away, make Lawrence hold the ball and let the rush get home. It worked well for them 1st half but once we adjusted they couldn't stop us.

Anyone find out about TLaws thumb on the non-throwing hand?

Forgot where I read it, but someone said they thought he cracked his thumbnail. Pretty painful, actually.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-15-2023, 04:42 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Anyone find out about TLaws thumb on the non-throwing hand?

Forgot where I read it, but someone said they thought he cracked his thumbnail. Pretty painful, actually.
Yea I think someone stepped on it when he got sacked

He got cut by a cleat stepping on his hand

I liked what I heard on 1010 this am, and I'm paraphrasing from memory but it was essentially: "This game was the best thing that could happen to Trevor, especially at this age. To play THAT poorly in the first half with 4 INTs, no calls going your way, down 27-0 in a playoff game, and despite all that, STILL willed his team and led them to victory. There's literally nothing in his career he will ever face that adversity again and he overcame it to win. His confidence should be sky high"
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(01-16-2023, 01:17 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I liked what I heard on 1010 this am, and I'm paraphrasing from memory but it was essentially: "This game was the best thing that could happen to Trevor, especially at this age. To play THAT poorly in the first half with 4 INTs, no calls going your way, down 27-0 in a playoff game, and despite all that, STILL willed his team and led them to victory. There's literally nothing in his career he will ever face that adversity again and he overcame it to win. His confidence should be sky high"

Our confidence in the team should be sky high too. I think we beat KC. No lead against us is safe.

Can we talk about Trev's audible at the line that got Zay WIDE open for the TD?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(01-16-2023, 02:29 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Can we talk about Trev's audible at the line that got Zay WIDE open for the TD?

OK.  Go!

(01-16-2023, 02:36 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(01-16-2023, 02:29 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Can we talk about Trev's audible at the line that got Zay WIDE open for the TD?

OK.  Go!

[Image: giphy.gif]
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

https://youtu.be/Qh0kkGBPuWE

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-16-2023, 06:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote: https://youtu.be/Qh0kkGBPuWE

My man Nick!

Nick is a huge Chiefs fan so I’m sure he’s slightly torn here.

That is so damn funny.  I love that.

(01-16-2023, 06:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

My man Nick!

He said as much. He started the whole Trevor undefeated on Saturday thing and he also said we wouldn't lose again until we played the Chiefs in the divisional round.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(01-16-2023, 06:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

My man Nick!

They ask him how he feels about the Chiefs game at the 13:10 mark below in a longer version of the above video. Classic Nick response lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8BCAJ1vWc

Bend the knee.

Dougie P saw what they were doing and using it against them. On that Zay Jones touchdown they knew that they would jusmp the route and baited them leaving Jones all by his lonesome. After that bomb they backed off some.

(01-16-2023, 07:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-16-2023, 06:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: My man Nick!

They ask him how he feels about the Chiefs game at the 13:10 mark below in a longer version of the above video. Classic Nick response lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8BCAJ1vWc
That’s so good