Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevor Lawrence: Franchise QB (TL Discussion, Merged Threads)

(02-24-2023, 07:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Remember when some of us were questioning whether Trevor could lead a 4th quarter comeback?  He kind of pounded that one into the ground, didn't he?

Almost like he did it on purpose to make a point.

Man those script writers sure got creative for him.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-24-2023, 07:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Remember when some of us were questioning whether Trevor could lead a 4th quarter comeback?  He kind of pounded that one into the ground, didn't he?

Guilty and so happy I was wrong.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I’m not gonna lie, there was a while when I thought Lawrence was a crumbler. Blaine Gabbert part deux.

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2023, 09:43 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-24-2023, 09:14 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m not gonna lie, there was a while when I thought Lawrence was a crumbler. Blaine Gabbert part deux.

Same. It was those damn interceptions inside the redzone and endzone for me. The first one at home against the tinhorns in a one score loss. Then the loss in London. I know he came back technically against the Broncos and the defense let up on Wilson late but those two games had me on the ropes of doubt with him. 

Ultimately. He shook those mistakes off. Learned from them, etc. That's all that matters now. Had he kept doing that [BLEEP] though? Even his most diehard supporters on here would probably be sweating bullets at the moment going into this off season. And nobody would fault them for that.

Sunshine Brett Favre. That's my Quarterback. I don't care if he makes mistakes. Just as long as he's capable of digging us out of the hole he puts us in or the team puts us in. He did that quite a few times though down the stretch. The pinnacle obviously being the comeback win against the Chargers. That was just stupid, STUPID GOOD.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-24-2023, 09:14 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m not gonna lie, there was a while when I thought Lawrence was a crumbler. Blaine Gabbert part deux.

I’m sorry but I don’t know how anyone with eyes could compare him to Gabbert.  He was scared of his own shadow and I’ve never seen that in Lawrence.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Never a doubt

(02-24-2023, 09:49 AM)RicoTx Wrote:

I’m sorry but I don’t know how anyone with eyes could compare him to Gabbert.  He was scared of his own shadow and I’ve never seen that in Lawrence.

It's the hair.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-24-2023, 09:53 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Never a doubt

Same. 

He needed time. He has the right coaching staff to work with him. And he did it.

It was just a matter of time and some pieces around him. And a real coach

Looking back at the season as a whole, he only had 4 bad games. Houston, Philly, Denver and Detroit. Outside of that, he was either average, above average or elite.

For a guy to have 4 bad games out of 19?! That's pretty good in year 2.

‘Never a doubt’ is correct.

Absotively.

Yeah. I never liked the comparison to Gabbert and argued strenuously against it. Even when he struggled. I saw potential in Lawrence. I never saw potential in Gabbert. I'm one who likes to give rookies a chance to develop, but it was clear to me after his first season that Gabbert was never going to be good. I didn't advocate cutting him on the chance that I was wrong, but I argued in favor of acquiring a "Plan B". I always thought Gabbert looked like a 6th rounder that was playing simply because he was taken in the 1st round. Ironically, we traded him away for a 6th rounder.

Very glad we have Trevor.

However, my pessimist mind goes to this at times.

In his last 5 games, Trevor was 109/170 (64% completion percentage) for 1098 yards, 6 touchdowns and 6 interceptions, for a QB rating of 79.49.

It would have been nice if he finished the season with a bang, but it was actually quite underwhelming except for the 2nd half of the San Diego game.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Looking at the Charges game,once Trevor figured things out,San Diego could not stop him

(02-25-2023, 12:59 AM)SuperJville Wrote: Very glad we have Trevor. 

In his last 5 games, Trevor was 109/170 (64% completion percentage) for 1098 yards, 6 touchdowns and 6 interceptions, for a QB rating of 79.49.

It would have been nice if he finished the season with a bang, but it was actually quite underwhelming except for the 2nd half of the San Diego game.

Another excellent example of statistics not telling the real story.

(02-25-2023, 05:27 AM).jagboss Wrote: Looking at the Charges game,once Trevor figured things out,San Diego could not stop him

Yea, this is where actual game experience helps.  It is one thing to study what a defense may do and another recognizing what they are doing real time.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Yeah, imagine if he had played better.  We might have gone on a long win streak and made the playoffs and won a game.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The last five games:

WIN
WIN
WIN
WIN (playoff)
LOSS to number one seed by 7 points in divisional round

Super "underwhelming."
 Especially when virtually no one picked that team to get past .500 on the year.

(02-25-2023, 09:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

The last five games:

WIN
WIN
WIN
WIN (playoff)
LOSS to number one seed by 7 points in divisional round

Super "underwhelming."
 Especially when virtually no one picked that team to get past .500 on the year.
Man. I hope he underwhelms like that again and the Jags have an underwhelming record of 14-3.