Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cowgirls Week

I’m so excited for a home game in December that means something.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-12-2022, 10:31 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Don’t think we win but I think we make it closer then most think

The pros have the Cowboys as 4.5 point favorites. That's pretty close already.

(12-12-2022, 01:38 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 10:31 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Don’t think we win but I think we make it closer then most think

The pros have the Cowboys as 4.5 point favorites. That's pretty close already.

Honestly, it's gonna come down to the injury reports come Sunday morning...  This Defense of ours in really struggling.  If key players can't go on Sunday, it might get ugly fast.

(12-12-2022, 02:04 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 01:38 PM)Kane Wrote: The pros have the Cowboys as 4.5 point favorites. That's pretty close already.

Honestly, it's gonna come down to the injury reports come Sunday morning...  This Defense of ours in really struggling.  If key players can't go on Sunday, it might get ugly fast.

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1..._zHxHv61vA

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1..._zHxHv61vA

If there’s one game we win the rest of the year, pleeeeez make it this one.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-12-2022, 03:23 PM)RicoTx Wrote: If there’s one game we win the rest of the year, pleeeeez make it this one.

Agree. I live in Corpus now and the cowgirl fans here are awful

Think this game comes down to the D lines. Dallas have a great front 4 with Parsons and Demarcus Lawrence but if we can give Lawrence some protection and hit some quick passes we may have some success 

If our Dline plays like it did yesterday then we can get to Prescott and make him force it and that's where the mistakes happen.

Dallas have been on a good run and people are talking about them as SB contenders again which means they'll lose a game very soon.

Just think we will beat them Sunday. Yesterday was a different Jags team.

(12-12-2022, 10:41 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dak tends to throw picks while trying to throw some hero balls.

Take advantage of those interceptions, run the ball efficiently, PA pass, and the Jags might be able to steal one here. Cowboys are a top 5 team in the league but they do tend to have some closer than expected games. They also blow teams out. No idea how this game shakes out but I'm excited.

Dak's the most overrated, over-hyped QB in the game today; Tony Romo passed him that baton. If he were the Jags QB, no one would ever talk about him or consider him a top 10/15 QB.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2022, 03:53 PM by rpr52121. Edited 1 time in total.)

Cowboys just lost their starting Right Tackle to ACL injury.

Also DT J. Hankins who they traded for mid-season to help the run defense the past few games has pectoral injury.

(12-12-2022, 03:49 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 10:41 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dak tends to throw picks while trying to throw some hero balls.

Take advantage of those interceptions, run the ball efficiently, PA pass, and the Jags might be able to steal one here. Cowboys are a top 5 team in the league but they do tend to have some closer than expected games. They also blow teams out. No idea how this game shakes out but I'm excited.

Dak's the most overrated, over-hyped QB in the game today; Tony Romo passed him that baton. If he were the Jags QB, no one would ever talk about him or consider him a top 10/15 QB.

Um. Romo was great. Won me a lot of fantasy games/titles. He was definitely not elite, top 5 category of that era. But he was just below that.

Dak is in the chasm between MVP elite QB's and like Kirk Cousins.

The overhype is because they are on the Cowboys. That is just how it is in the NFL with players from that franchise.

Cowboys play the Eagles in 2 weeks on Xmas eve and that'll be a big game. After they mollywhopped the clots, I'm sure they were looking past the tinhorns and us this weekend. Since the tinhorns gave them a little scare, they might be a little more focus'd to play us, but I still have no doubts they're still eyeing that Eagles' game.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2022, 07:50 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

Maybe not the most, but he's up there.  Russell Wilson may have earned that title this year.  Kali-Murray is close behind.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-12-2022, 07:48 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 03:49 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Dak's the most overrated, over-hyped QB in the game today; Tony Romo passed him that baton. If he were the Jags QB, no one would ever talk about him or consider him a top 10/15 QB.

Maybe not the most, but he's up there.  Russell Wilson may have earned that title this year.  Kali-Murray is close behind.

It's amazing how much better the Cardinals' offense looks with Colt McCoy running it...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2022, 09:16 AM by Mikey.)

(12-12-2022, 03:23 PM)RicoTx Wrote: If there’s one game we win the rest of the year, pleeeeez make it this one.

over the tacks at home?
I want that scalp.

Russell Wilson would wave, but he can't remember his name right now.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2022, 09:31 AM by carp8dm. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-12-2022, 09:56 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 07:48 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Maybe not the most, but he's up there.  Russell Wilson may have earned that title this year.  Kali-Murray is close behind.

It's amazing how much better the Cardinals' offense looks with Colt McCoy running it...

I was thinking about it this morning as I was brushing my teeth.

Kyler Murray took a sorry [BLEEP] AZ Cardinals to the playoffs for the first time in forever after being drafted #1 overall just 3 seasons earlier.  

Murray came on a team that was down right aweful,  took them to 5 wins his rookie year.  8 wins his 2nd year.  And then the playoffs in his 3rd year.  That's exactly what you want to see from a garbage franchise that drafted #1 overall.  Now, sure he played bad in his first ever playoff game.  

But he got absolutely buried by every single media outlet after that game.  But for whatever reason, Lamar Jackson, who had just as embarrasing a 1st playoff apperance didn't get a fraction of the smoke Kyler got.  It just made me wonder why 1 hyper run happy QB gets the benefit of the doubt and the other doesn't...  Is it height?  Is it the city the franchise is the QB is on?  

Lamar Jackson looked like absolute dog water in his first playoffs and he had a better team around him.  Kyler willed the Cards to that playoff spot and his OLine was completely decimated by a world class defense.  I don't know, it's wild the way the sports media is so arbitrary in the way the shape a narrative around a team/city/player. 

I hope Kyler the best.  I would love to see him come back and stick it to all the haters.

(12-13-2022, 09:30 AM)carp8dm Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 09:56 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: It's amazing how much better the Cardinals' offense looks with Colt McCoy running it...

Kyler Murray took a sorry [BLEEP] AZ Cardinals to the playoffs for the first time in forever after being drafted #1 overall just 3 seasons earlier.  

Murray came on a team that was down right aweful,  took them to 5 wins his rookie year.  8 wins his 2nd year.  And then the playoffs in his 3rd year.  That's exactly what you want to see from a garbage franchise that drafted #1 overall.  Now, sure he played bad in his first ever playoff game.  

But he got absolutely buried by every single media outlet after that game.  But for whatever reason, Lamar Jackson, who had just as embarrasing a 1st playoff apperance didn't get a fraction of the smoke Kyler got.  It just made me wonder why 1 hyper run happy QB gets the benefit of the doubt and the other doesn't...  Is it height?  Is it the city the franchise is the QB is on?  

Lamar Jackson looked like absolute dog water in his first playoffs and he had a better team around him.  Kyler willed the Cards to that playoff spot and his OLine was completely decimated by a world class defense.  I don't know, it's wild the way the sports media is so arbitrary in the way the shape a narrative around a team/city/player. 

I hope Kyler the best.  I would love to see him come back and stick it to all the haters.

Kyler is a slouch and a [BLEEP].  He throws his coaching staff under the bus constantly.  His franchise tried to put a clause into his new contract that said he had to study film.  That should tell you all you need to know.

Lamar is better, but he's also overrated.  Teams have keyed on his running ability and he can't win with his arm and he sucks at reading defenses.

(12-13-2022, 09:48 AM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(12-13-2022, 09:30 AM)carp8dm Wrote: I was thinking about it this morning as I was brushing my teeth.

Kyler is a slouch and a [BLEEP].  He throws his coaching staff under the bus constantly.  His franchise tried to put a clause into his new contract that said he had to study film.  That should tell you all you need to know.

Lamar is better, but he's also overrated.  Teams have keyed on his running ability and he can't win with his arm and he sucks at reading defenses.

I'm not saying I have any insider information or anything...  But the smack they talked about Kyler just seems so suspect.  He plays video games in his off time so they put that in the contract?  You don't think that all these 20 year olds are playing video games?

ehh... whatever.  I'm just saying that even with all the video game playing, the dude took a 3 win team to the playoffs in 3 years.  And even after that, they still decided to make him look like a schmuck.  You'd think you'd want to praise a guy like that...

(12-13-2022, 09:30 AM)carp8dm Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 09:56 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: It's amazing how much better the Cardinals' offense looks with Colt McCoy running it...

I imagine a big part is how the teams finish/get to the postseason.

Look at Kliff's history, his teams always tend to start strong, then gradually fizzle to a finish. In that playoff year, they started 7-0, and ended on a 3-5 run. If analysts see that, they may be lukewarm on the prospect of them (QB or coach) turning that around and carrying the team. Jackson did have a horrible first go, but I think a lot of coaches, players, and analysts knew that he had plenty of potential to make his future in the postseason more than just a few outings where he couldn't drop that deer in the headlights performance.

(12-13-2022, 09:57 AM)carp8dm Wrote:
(12-13-2022, 09:48 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: Kyler is a slouch and a [BLEEP].  He throws his coaching staff under the bus constantly.  His franchise tried to put a clause into his new contract that said he had to study film.  That should tell you all you need to know.

I'm not saying I have any insider information or anything...  But the smack they talked about Kyler just seems so suspect.  He plays video games in his off time so they put that in the contract?  You don't think that all these 20 year olds are playing video games?

ehh... whatever.  I'm just saying that even with all the video game playing, the dude took a 3 win team to the playoffs in 3 years.  And even after that, they still decided to make him look like a schmuck.  You'd think you'd want to praise a guy like that...

A lot of analysts are former players, or folks that have spent their entire career studying and discussing the best in the game. I think a lot of them are going to have more favorable opinions of the guys who spend their time in the film room, building up (or taking heat in the stead of) the team, and not just relying on natural talent to carry them.

I don't think any critic is concerned with guys playing games in their downtime. You gotta have some recreation to avoid burnout. But if you aren't putting in work when the expectation is that you should be putting in work, you're gonna get criticized if you appear unprepared, out of sync, or overwhelmed.

(12-13-2022, 10:47 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-13-2022, 09:30 AM)carp8dm Wrote: I was thinking about it this morning as I was brushing my teeth.

I imagine a big part is how the teams finish/get to the postseason.

Look at Kliff's history, his teams always tend to start strong, then gradually fizzle to a finish. In that playoff year, they started 7-0, and ended on a 3-5 run. If analysts see that, they may be lukewarm on the prospect of them (QB or coach) turning that around and carrying the team. Jackson did have a horrible first go, but I think a lot of coaches, players, and analysts knew that he had plenty of potential to make his future in the postseason more than just a few outings where he couldn't drop that deer in the headlights performance.

(12-13-2022, 10:53 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-13-2022, 09:57 AM)carp8dm Wrote: I'm not saying I have any insider information or anything...  But the smack they talked about Kyler just seems so suspect.  He plays video games in his off time so they put that in the contract?  You don't think that all these 20 year olds are playing video games?

A lot of analysts are former players, or folks that have spent their entire career studying and discussing the best in the game. I think a lot of them are going to have more favorable opinions of the guys who spend their time in the film room, building up (or taking heat in the stead of) the team, and not just relying on natural talent to carry them.

I don't think any critic is concerned with guys playing games in their downtime. You gotta have some recreation to avoid burnout. But if you aren't putting in work when the expectation is that you should be putting in work, you're gonna get criticized if you appear unprepared, out of sync, or overwhelmed.

Yeah, I get that.  

Especially the Kliff Kingsbury (or whatever his name is) criticism.  I never really understood why you'd bring a college HC into a NFL world just because of the QB.  It just seems like a decision made with very little actual professional discussion/fore-thought

I'm not really a big fan of the running QBs.  Maybe I'm "old school", but I've never seen a running QB ever really sustain a franchise for more than 5 years.  I'd rather have a pocket QB that can scramble...  That's a 15 year investment.

All I'm saying is that it's weird that certain running QBs are seen as priority over another one that does basically the same thing.  Your analysis is probably correct.  It's mostly the coaching and the team philosophy.  But.  I consider Lamar Jackson and Kyler Murray closer to eachother as players than the rest of the media does.  And for me, that just seems weird.

It's not like Lamar Jackson is a SB contender.  He's a playoff contender, so long as he has good weapons around him and a good coach.  Kyler seems like the exact same thing.  Well, now that Kyler has an ACL...  His career may be done.