Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Depth Chart

Quote:I agree he'd be an ideal 4-3 SLB and certainly can be used in that role, but he doesn't fit their OTTO definition. Looking around, it seems one of his best attributes is sideline-to-sideline speed.

I don't see where he's a misfit at Otto at all.  It's still strongside.

Don't get caught up in sack numbers and him being asked to occasionally rush as an Otto.  3-4 ILBs aren't typically being asked to rush the passer.  That doesn't mean he can't do it if asked to do it more in this defense.

Our defense isn't all that different from a traditional 4-3 as some have been lead to believe for whatever reason.  It's just has minor tweaks of roles in certain situations/calls.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't see where he's a misfit at Otto at all.  It's still strongside.

Don't get caught up in sack numbers and him being asked to occasionally rush as an Otto.  3-4 ILBs aren't typically being asked to rush the passer.  That doesn't mean he can't do it if asked to do it more in this defense.

Our defense isn't all that different from a traditional 4-3 as some have been lead to believe for whatever reason.  It's just has minor tweaks of roles in certain situations/calls.

Well he did have 8 sacks in college.

'02

Quote:Well he did have 8 sacks in college.

Who cares? Sacks are overrated.

Quote:Regarding Jack, I don't think it's out of the question that he might replace Telvin as the starter.

I hope not

Quote:I thought Gratz would be one of the guys we cut last week. Maybe we just held on to him because Colvin is out until the bye?
I was thinking the same thing

Skuta, Odrick And Poz... The only blemishes i see oh and Meyers and Henne... But ill take that, in comparison to what we use to have..

Quote:Skuta, Odrick And Poz... The only blemishes i see oh and Meyers and Henne... But ill take that, in comparison to what we use to have..

i can see Alualu as a "blemish," but Odrick? As in the guy who excels at containing the edge and led our team in sacks last year?

'02

Quote:i can see Alualu as a "blemish," but Odrick? As in the guy who excels at containing the edge and led our team in sacks last year?

Yeah Alualu too.. Just watch Odrick this year im saying it here first.. He doesnt get any push nor does he finish plays...

Quote:i can see Alualu as a "blemish," but Odrick? As in the guy who excels at containing the edge and led our team in sacks last year?

Yeah I don't know what's wrong with keeping Odrick either. He makes plays.

Alualu is only a "blemish" because Gene Smith drafted him.

Quote:Yeah Alualu too.. Just watch Odrick this year im saying it here first.. He doesnt get any push nor does he finish plays...

You do realize Odrick isn't supposed to be a pass rusher, right? The role is literally is a DT lined up as the big end to keep the run inside so the linebackers can keep the run inside the tackles. Any pass rushing ability is considered gravy.

Quote:Skuta, Odrick And Poz... The only blemishes i see oh and Meyers and Henne... But ill take that, in comparison to what we use to have..

Odrick led us in sacks in 15. He's no blemish. Poz was a top of league in tackles late in the season.

Quote:Probably Skuta's backup at Otto.

Looks like you were right about Arthur...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Tweet from Brian Jackson (@WJXTBJackson) - Bradley: Arthur Brown will play Otto in addition to Skuta. #Jaguars #News4Jax

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/WJXTBJackson/status/772832725912940544' title="External link">https://twitter.com/...832725912940544</a>

'02

Time for a slight update...

QB: Blake Bortles*, Chad Henne, Brandon Allen

RB: Chris Ivory, <strong>TJ Yeldon, <span style="color:#008080;"><strong>Denard Robinson, <span style="color:#008080;"><strong>Corey Grant
</strong></strong></span></strong><span style="color:#008080;">(KR)
</span></span>
WR1: Allen Robinson, Marqise Lee, Arrelious Benn

WR2: Allen Hurns, Marqise Lee, Rashad Greene

slot: Rashad Greene (PR), Allen Hurns, Bryan Walters

TE1: Julius Thomas, Neal Sterling

TE2: Marcedes Lewis, Ben Koyack

LT: Kelvin Beachum, Luke Joeckel, Patrick Omameh

LG: Luke Joeckel, Chris Reed

C: Brandon Linder, Tyler Shatley

RG: AJ Cann, Tyler Shatley, Chris Reed

RT: Jermey Parnell, Patrick Omameh

LEO: Dante Fowler, Yannick Ngakoue, <strong>Chris Smith
</strong>

DT: Malik Jackson, Sen'Derrick Marks, Sheldon Day

NT: Roy Miller III, Abry Jones

DE: Jared Odrick, Tyson Alualu, Dante Fowler

WLB: Telvin Smith,
Myles Jack,
Hayes Pullard III

MLB: Paul Posluzney*,
Myles Jack

OTTO: Dan Skuta, Arthur Brown

RCB: Jalen Ramsey, Prince Amukamara

LCB: Davon House, Dwayne Gratz, Josh Johnson

SS: Jonathan Cyprien, Jarrod Wilson

FS: Tashaun Gipson, Peyton Thompson

K: Jason Myers

P/H: Brad Nortman

LS: Carson Tinker*

<p style="margin-left:40px;">*team captain

Practice Squad

OT Rashod Hill

WR Shane Wynn

WR Shaq Evans

WR Rashad Lawrence

DT Richard Ash

LB Sean Porter

TE Alex Ellis

<strong>RB Bronson Hill
</strong>

G Jeremiah Poutasi

CB Nick Marshall

INJURED RESERVE

DT Michael Bennett

OT Jeffrey Linkenbach

S James Sample

WR Tony Washington

LT Josh Wells

S Earl Wolff

RESERVE/SUSPENDED BY COMMISH

WR Justin Blackmon - indefinitely

CB Aaron Colvin - 4 games

S Marqueston Huff - 1 game

PUP

C Luke Bowanko

DE Jonathan Woodard

RESERVE/RETIRED

OT Tanner Hawkinson

'02

Quote:Odrick led us in sacks in 15. He's no blemish. Poz was a top of league in tackles late in the season.

5.5 sacks is pathetic.. Poz "WAS" thats all you can really say about him.. He constantly gets beat by TE.. And is slow getting to contact .

Quote:You do realize Odrick isn't supposed to be a pass rusher, right? The role is literally is a DT lined up as the big end to keep the run inside so the linebackers can keep the run inside the tackles. Any pass rushing ability is considered gravy.

Has the big end role been successful thus far?? Defensive Ends still has to get penetration.. And Odrick doesnt do that well in my opinion... Watch once the year start and you guys see how bad he is you will change your tune..

Quote:Time for a slight update...

QB: Blake Bortles*, Chad Henne, Brandon Allen

RB: Chris Ivory, <strong>TJ Yeldon, <strong>Denard Robinson, <strong>Corey Grant </strong></strong></strong>(KR)

WR1: Allen Robinson, Marqise Lee, Arrelious Benn

WR2: Allen Hurns, Marqise Lee, Rashad Greene

slot: Rashad Greene (PR), Allen Hurns, Bryan Walters

TE1: Julius Thomas, Neal Sterling

TE2: Marcedes Lewis, Ben Koyack

LT: Kelvin Beachum, Luke Joeckel, Patrick Omameh

LG: Luke Joeckel, Chris Reed

C: Brandon Linder, Tyler Shatley

RG: AJ Cann, Tyler Shatley, Chris Reed

RT: Jermey Parnell, Patrick Omameh

LEO: Dante Fowler, Yannick Ngakoue, <strong>Chris Smith</strong>

DT: Malik Jackson, Sen'Derrick Marks, Sheldon Day

NT: Roy Miller III, Abry Jones

DE: Jared Odrick, Tyson Alualu, Dante Fowler

WLB: Telvin Smith,
Myles Jack,
Hayes Pullard III

MLB: Paul Posluzney*,
Myles Jack

OTTO: Dan Skuta, Arthur Brown

RCB: Jalen Ramsey, Prince Amukamara

LCB: Davon House, Dwayne Gratz, Josh Johnson

SS: Jonathan Cyprien, Jarrod Wilson

FS: Tashaun Gipson, Peyton Thompson

K: Jason Myers

P/H: Brad Nortman

LS: Carson Tinker*

<p style="margin-left:40px;">*team captain

Practice Squad

OT Rashod Hill

WR Shane Wynn

WR Shaq Evans

WR Rashad Lawrence

DT Richard Ash

LB Sean Porter

TE Alex Ellis

<strong>RB Bronson Hill</strong>

G Jeremiah Poutasi

CB Nick Marshall

INJURED RESERVE

DT Michael Bennett

OT Jeffrey Linkenbach

S James Sample

WR Tony Washington

LT Josh Wells

S Earl Wolff

RESERVE/SUSPENDED BY COMMISH

WR Justin Blackmon - indefinitely

CB Aaron Colvin - 4 games

S Marqueston Huff - 1 game

PUP

C Luke Bowanko

DE Jonathan Woodard

RESERVE/RETIRED

OT Tanner Hawkinson
Thanks. This looks totally accurate. I have to say that this team, on paper, is very solid and actually pretty deep at most positions. The only 2 concerns, pass rush and offensive line depth, will likely hurt the Jaguars chances of making the playoffs this year. Somehow they will have to figure out a way to pressure the quarterback. Not sure that will happen unless the 2 rookie pass rushers mature faster than would be normally expected. I'd take 5 sacks right now from each of them and be very happy. I believe Joeckel will be serviceable at guard, but wish they picked up Sitten from the Packers. If even one guy gets hurt on the line, they will have to rely on Shatley or Reed, two guys with very little experience. 

My prediction: 8-8 this year. 11-5 next year and they win a playoff game, 13-3 in 2018-19 and they get to their first Super Bowl.

Quote:Looks like you were right about Arthur...

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">weet from Brian Jackson (@WJXTBJackson) - Bradley: Arthur Brown will play Otto in addition to Skuta. #Jaguars #News4Jax

That makes sense.He fits the SLB role and Skuta needs a backup.

Quote:5.5 sacks is pathetic.. Poz "WAS" thats all you can really say about him.. He constantly gets beat by TE.. And is slow getting to contact .
5.5 sacks is pathetic from the 'big end" in our defense that's job is to set the edge and be a big run stopper? [BLEEP] are you talking about.

Quote:Has the big end role been successful thus far?? Defensive Ends still has to get penetration.. And Odrick doesnt do that well in my opinion... Watch once the year start and you guys see how bad he is you will change your tune..
We had guys like Nick Marshall, Dwayne Gratz, Thurston Armbristor, Andre Branch, and Chris Clemons getting a ton of reps last year. Of course our defense hasn't been successful with a big end.

Let's see what happens when we have Malik/Sen inside, Fowler/Yannick (may take some time but the potential is there) off the edge, Jack in coverage at LB, and Tashaun Gipson, Jalen Ramsey, AND Amukamara added to the secondary before we chalk up this defense as not being able to work.

Point is, Odrick's job isn't to get after the passer whether you like it or not. Odrick was a bright spot last year and is a very good player. Just because he doesn't do what you want him to do doesn't mean he excelled at what THIS TEAM asked him to do last year.

Quote:That makes sense.He fits the SLB role and Skuta needs a backup.

I have no problem with this. I just hope he performs better for us, than he did in Baltimore.