Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Day Thread - Super Wild Card Weekend - bolts @ Jaguars ***

Don't know if it was addressed in post game interviews but was the 2nd point play run as designed. It almost looked like it was gonna a wr screen up top. Did lawrence go rogue again and see the opportunity to leap for it? Or was that designed? Almost looked like pederson was pointing to his head saying how smart that was.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-15-2023, 12:17 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Don't know if it was addressed in post game interviews but was the 2nd point play run as designed. It almost looked like it was gonna a wr screen up top. Did lawrence go rogue again and see the opportunity to leap for it? Or was that designed? Almost looked like pederson was pointing to his head saying how smart that was.

Looked like TL saw an opportunity and siezed it. Not designed. 
Cannot confirm 100%

What A Game!!  Banana
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I didn’t think there could be a better home game experience after that Cowboys game. Then the Titans game happened. Then last night happened.

(01-15-2023, 12:32 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: I didn’t think there could be a better home game experience after that Cowboys game. Then the Titans game happened. Then last night happened.

Going down early certainly makes for exciting football I guess lol

Just spent the last hour or so reading this thread front to back. Good times. Belly aching in the first half is understandable, but a lot of leaps to hot taeks on top. Probably mostly projecting on behalf of the guilty parties.

Then there’s OzJohnnie re-emerging. Imagine lurking and waiting for your window for the past two months to come get your jollies posting negative drivel only to have karma knock on your door almost instantly. I wouldn’t lose any sleep if he’s banned over this obvious trolling.

What a great win! Not sure we will ever see a game play out like that ever again so enjoy it. And if you are still holding on to your taek waiting for your next opportunity to bless the board with it, go shove it up your [BLEEP]!

(01-15-2023, 12:32 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: I didn’t think there could be a better home game experience after that Cowboys game. Then the Titans game happened. Then last night happened.

And the Ravens game.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-15-2023, 12:52 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 12:45 AM)carp8dm Wrote: Naw, you'll always be a negative little [BLEEP].  But don't worry,  you're our little [BLEEP].

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS!!!

Oh stop, you were [BLEEP] earlier too.

Nope,  was pissed at the officiating, because they were hosing us.  But go check my posts.  I never doubted the team, unlike you're sorry [BLEEP]

Also got to point out, TD's for Engram, Marv, Zay and Kirk last night. The FA'S stepped up in the moment and Etienne did a real important job getting over 100yds without a lot of help.

I had to watch the end of the game again this morning, just to make sure it really happened. I can confirm that it did LOL

Did I hear correctly that TLAW's rating in the second half was 144???
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(01-15-2023, 02:32 PM)Sibelius Wrote: I had to watch the end of the game again this morning, just to make sure it really happened. I can confirm that it did LOL

Did I hear correctly that TLAW's rating in the second half was 144???
That included the TD drive before half I think

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2023, 02:51 PM by WhyWouldYouPostThat.)

I'd love to know what was happening in that locker room that flipped the switch or however you wanna phrase it

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2023, 03:07 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

I have to say, I thought last night I would lose my mind if I saw Herbert complete one more of his cute little sidearm passes. It was infuriating watching those flicker darts reestablishing first down again and again.

Btw, I recorded the game and watched it this morning until the recording stopped with around 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter (WTH DIRECTV!). I digress.

Anyway, I noticed Doug was much more careful about covering his mouth with the play card in the 2nd half. Makes you wonder. Just an observation.

(01-15-2023, 03:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I have to say, I thought last night I would lose my mind if I saw Herbert complete one more of his cute little sidearm passes. It was infuriating watching those flicker darts reestablishing first down again and again.

Btw, I recorded the game and watched it this morning until the recording stopped with around 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter (WTH DIRECTV!).  I digress.

Anyway, I noticed Doug was much more careful about covering his mouth with the play card in the 2nd half. Makes you wonder. Just an observation.

This was something I was disgusted about as well.  Al and Tony were fawning over the fact that he was just throwing crap all over the place.

Well, guess what?  If you take a lot of time throwing off platform, eventually you're gonna miss the easy throws.  And that's exactly what happened to Herbert.

Lawrence throws the ball like a professional.  That's why when the [BLEEP] hits the fan, he's able to connect.  Because he throws from the same platform every time.

Trevor is the well washed and clean QB.  Herbert is the dirty haired hippy that doesn't take time with the fundamentals...    Look to the Hair, Jerry!

(01-15-2023, 03:12 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 03:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I have to say, I thought last night I would lose my mind if I saw Herbert complete one more of his cute little sidearm passes. It was infuriating watching those flicker darts reestablishing first down again and again.

Btw, I recorded the game and watched it this morning until the recording stopped with around 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter (WTH DIRECTV!).  I digress.

This was something I was disgusted about as well.  Al and Tony were fawning over the fact that he was just throwing crap all over the place.

Well, guess what?  If you take a lot of time throwing off platform, eventually you're gonna miss the easy throws.  And that's exactly what happened to Herbert.

Lawrence throws the ball like a professional.  That's why when the [BLEEP] hits the fan, he's able to connect.  Because he throws from the same platform every time.

Trevor is the well washed and clean QB.  Herbert is the dirty haired hippy that doesn't take time with the fundamentals...    Look to the Hair, Jerry!

Am I mistaken or does Herbert throw kind of sidearm even when he doesn't need to?  Someone said on the broadcast he's had an unusual number of passes batted down this year because he throws sidearm.

[Image: 4pjadjrkf6ca1.jpg]
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2023, 03:50 PM by carp8dm. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-15-2023, 03:22 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 03:12 PM)carp8dm Wrote: This was something I was disgusted about as well.  Al and Tony were fawning over the fact that he was just throwing crap all over the place.

Am I mistaken or does Herbert throw kind of sidearm even when he doesn't need to?  Someone said on the broadcast he's had an unusual number of passes batted down this year because he throws sidearm.

I heard the same thing.  It's what happens when you have a crappy coaching staff...  It's funny because the entire NFL media loves it when a QB from LA with dirty blonde hair throws the ball like a dumb [BLEEP] that has no technical ability to throw a great ball...

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2023, 04:11 PM by JaguarJosh2.)

If the Dolphins pull of this upset... Look out! We'd be heading to Cincinnati next week most likely. I'm all for avoiding KC. I don't want to play Andy Reid off a bye week.

As a reminder, "How good is that?" is a god awful catch phrase. EOM.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-15-2023, 04:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: As a reminder, "How good is that?" is a god awful catch phrase. EOM.

No [BLEEP].  I heard it for the first time watching highlights this morning and it sound super phony/forced.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]