Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Day Thread - Super Wild Card Weekend - bolts @ Jaguars ***

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2023, 10:17 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-16-2023, 09:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: https://youtube.com/shorts/4imB1ckMsu4?feature=share

The sound of that crowd is really something.

(01-15-2023, 11:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: These last few games have really shown the value of being a STH. Being there after these last few wins can never be duplicated by watching it on TV, even if in a room full of people. It's just an absolutely amazing experience. Especially the last two games when it has been 99% Jaguars fans in attendance.

Yep.  I had season tickets last year, and not this year.  I am such a stupid donkey.  All in for the Urban Meyer experience, and scarred so badly by that, I missed the Doug Pederson experience.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2023, 10:26 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-16-2023, 09:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: https://youtube.com/shorts/4imB1ckMsu4?feature=share

A couple of bolts just stuck in their one spot contemplating what just happened as Jags players and coaches and members of the media stormed the field and the rest of their teammates headed to the locker room.  The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.

(01-16-2023, 10:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

(01-15-2023, 11:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: These last few games have really shown the value of being a STH. Being there after these last few wins can never be duplicated by watching it on TV, even if in a room full of people. It's just an absolutely amazing experience. Especially the last two games when it has been 99% Jaguars fans in attendance.

Yep.  I had season tickets last year, and not this year.  I am such a stupid donkey.  All in for the Urban Meyer experience, and scarred so badly by that, I missed the Doug Pederson experience.

I dropped season tickets too this year after being a STH since '95. Awful timing in a way although we did go to a couple of games this year. If that's all it took to get back to the playoffs, I'd have done it a long time ago, lol.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-16-2023, 11:27 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(01-16-2023, 10:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: The sound of that crowd is really something.

I dropped season tickets too this year after being a STH since '95. Awful timing in a way although we did go to a couple of games this year. If that's all it took to get back to the playoffs, I'd have done it a long time ago, lol.

Kept mine. 
Before Thanksgiving I thought I might be trying to sell 2 or 3 games at a loss, but man am I glad I stuck with these seats.

Just rewatched the 2nd half.

Kirk was incredible and I think deserves a game ball. So many tough catches that kept drives alive and then ultimately a perfect route for a TD.

An absolute stud.

(01-16-2023, 10:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Didn’t you used to sit in the north endzone with your dad?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(01-16-2023, 05:20 PM)copycat Wrote:
(01-16-2023, 10:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: The sound of that crowd is really something.

No.  That's not me.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/01/16/los-an...after-loss

Lol, [BLEEP] clown. It was horrible officiating towards us once again.

This deserves its own thread. The refs almost single handedly spotted the Chargers 14 points in the first half. I looked at most of what he whined about it and it was WAY less obvious than those PI non-calls. The NFL does a review on the officiating... is that made public?

Helmet to helmet on Engram.

Multiple PI calls botched including Zay in the end zone when he was mugged. Late hits on Trevor.

It was horrible.

(01-16-2023, 07:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Helmet to helmet on Engram.

Multiple PI calls botched including Zay in the end zone when he was mugged. Late hits on Trevor.

It was horrible.

I get in the playoffs they 'let them play' a bit more but then there's missing clear calls. It will be good for them to learn what the refs will let go as the Chiefs secondary is very grabby. Going to be a lot of contact on the WR's.

Don’t forget Engram getting hooked and spun a bit on a blatant missed PI in the end zone. The article references total penalties called on each team but fails to mention 5 or more blatant non-calls that should have gone against the chargers. Not ticky tack questionable non-calls, blatant bull [BLEEP] that any fan in the stands or watching at home could see.

Bosa is right about his unsportsmanlike penalty. I don’t know what set the ref off. I’ve read some speculation, but that ref chased him down, attempted to get in his face yelling at him and I think Bosa responded and immediately had a flag thrown. That’s a ref baiting a player and that shouldn’t happen. Either throw the unsportsmanlike from the get go or grow thicker skin.

This is really insightful

https://twitter.com/brettkollmann/status...hwww_bL0Dw

Marty lost his season tickets when he decided to get out of his seat and stretch his legs. 

[Image: streaker.jpg]

I had season tickets through Urban and strongly thought about it this year but I told myself if we hired a coach that was respected I would re-up. So glad I did. Felt like I’ve had a lifetime of memories just from these last handful of home games. Made it to London this year too for my first time. What a season. Let’s keep it rollin.

Actually, that's the one place in that stadium where I have never sat- the north endzone.  I have sat everywhere else.

(01-16-2023, 07:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/01/16/los-an...after-loss

Good for him on calling them out, though. It was bad officiating all around.

(01-17-2023, 06:39 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(01-16-2023, 07:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/01/16/los-an...after-loss

Good for him on calling them out, though. It was bad officiating all around.

I'm sure it was mentioned earlier but the roughing the passer penalty they gave to Herbert was ridiculous.