Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Day Thread - Divisional Round - Jaguars @ chefs ***

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2023, 09:41 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-21-2023, 09:14 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Though really getting sick of making it into the playoffs and having refs [BLEEP] us....we hardly make it as we all know....but seriously are we ever going to make it all the way if the league doesn't want us there....no holding...not roughing the passer.... fumbles when they aren't.... like KC need to be favored.....when is the league going to call it Fair

the league will never call things fair when teams play jags.   Jags will have to just keep fighting every year like they did this season as they move on from favorble calls by the refs.  I do have higher expections for the upcomeing 2023-2024 season. I expect to see a hungrier jags team, and trying to get home field to at least have thier fans behind them.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-21-2023, 09:25 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-21-2023, 09:08 PM)MojoKing Wrote: We should’ve won this game

Agnew doesn’t fumble
Foye doesn’t drop
Kirk doesn’t drop

We win this game by 10points

Yeah and if my aunt had a [BLEEP] she'd be my uncle. Bottom line is they're the better team and they won. But next year could be a different story! Go Jags!
I mean the game likely isn’t this close if Mahomes doesn’t get a high ankle sprain.

It is what it is.

I’m very bummed they lost but big picture? Bigger and better things are ahead.

DUUUUVVVVAAAALLLL

(01-21-2023, 09:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Just need a little bit more time in pass protection. Need a stronger presence defensively within the interior.

Baalke has work to do. I think Doug and Trevor though are onto something. Lawrence called quite a few audibles tonight and they were honestly on the money.

He's getting smarter. He's getting confident. He's got the arm talent. This is the QB you can build a consistent, winning product around for years to come.

You're going to have some up's and down's due to cap situations and salary situations but all you have to do is hit with maybe one or two more high draft picks and a free agent or two and this team should have the AFC South in check.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

This will be the big difference this offseason. We won't be rebuilding whole position groups, we are going to be improving them with picks.

We haven't done that in years.

(01-21-2023, 09:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-21-2023, 09:08 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: Superstar qb?  Henne only had 23 yards on that drive.  It was Pacheco's 57 rushing yards (39 on one play) and a 15 yard roughing the passer penalty that were responsible for that drive.

Henne converted the most important downs. 3rd down.

He only converted two 3rd downs on that drive and both were very manageable 3rd and 3 situations.  He played fine, but I don't think that qualifies him as a superstar.

(01-21-2023, 09:26 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(01-21-2023, 09:14 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Though really getting sick of making it into the playoffs and having refs [BLEEP] us....we hardly make it as we all know....but seriously are we ever going to make it all the way if the league doesn't want us there....no holding...not roughing the passer.... fumbles when they aren't.... like KC need to be favored.....when is the league going to call it Fair

the league will never call things fair when teams play jags.   Jags will have to just keep fighting every year like they did this season as they move on from favorble calls by the refs.  I do have higher expections for the upcomeing 2023-2024 season. I expect to see a Hugier jags team, and trying to get home field to at least have thier fans behind them.

[Image: Screenshot-20230121-202742-Samsung-Internet.jpg]

[Image: 20230117-212740.jpg]
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Do you think we’ll have a better chance to beat the chiefs than having Mahomes injured, and Henne playing the entire second quarter, then Mahomes playing the second half barely able to move.

I understand people didn’t think we’d even be in this game, but what a blown opportunity

(01-21-2023, 09:28 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(01-21-2023, 09:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Henne converted the most important downs. 3rd down.

He only converted two 3rd downs on that drive and both were very manageable 3rd and 3 situations.  He played fine, but I don't think that qualifies him as a superstar.

Of course he isn't a superstar, he's a bum and that's the point.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2023, 09:45 PM by Caldrac.)

(01-21-2023, 09:33 PM)Ordar Wrote: Do you think we’ll have a better chance to beat the chiefs than having Mahomes injured, and Henne playing the entire second quarter, then Mahomes playing the second half barely able to move.

I understand people didn’t think we’d even be in this game, but what a blown opportunity
We had a lot of opportunities. Just couldn't execute. This team during the regular season. Lost some close games. Then they started winning close games. Won the division. One a home play off game. After being 3 - 7.

That's something to build on. The difference between our team and the big three remaining, the Chiefs, Bills and Bengals?

They have had the same staff intact for 3+ years plus. The same QB. They just went out and either added better pass protection or star quality receivers. That's this current team's next big step.

They have established a culture. They have established the QB and HC. Now, it's all about building up the team chemistry, fine tuning the little details and having dominate gameplans.

All of this is doable in a vulnerable AFC South that's fixing to see the other three teams in it working within a complete upheaval and new coaching/quarterback structure.

Thankfully we're already ahead of that.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-21-2023, 09:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-21-2023, 09:25 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Yeah and if my aunt had a [BLEEP] she'd be my uncle. Bottom line is they're the better team and they won. But next year could be a different story! Go Jags!
I mean the game likely isn’t this close if Mahomes doesn’t get a high ankle sprain.

It is what it is.

DUUUUVVVVAAAALLLL

Honestly, this loss would have been easier for me to deal with if we lost by 14 with a healthy Mahommes at the helm. The defensive strategy would have at least made sense, and we would have for sure lost to the better team. I just have a hard time buying that KC was the better team with a one-legged Mahommes. Their o-line was certainly better, though.

(01-21-2023, 09:43 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(01-21-2023, 09:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I mean the game likely isn’t this close if Mahomes doesn’t get a high ankle sprain.

It is what it is.

DUUUUVVVVAAAALLLL

Honestly, this loss would have been easier for me to deal with if we lost by 14 with a healthy Mahommes at the helm. The defensive strategy would have at least made sense, and we would have for sure lost to the better team. I just have a hard time buying that KC was the better team with a one-legged Mahommes. Their o-line was certainly better, though.

But as someone else pointed out earlier, Mahomes was healthy at the start.. He almost got taken out by the defense. It's his responsibility to stay healthy.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

It hurts but we’ll be back

(01-21-2023, 08:28 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote:
(01-21-2023, 08:26 PM)Newton Wrote: Guys, hope your heads high. This was an incredible, freaking beginning of a new era of jaguars football. We are going to see us in the playoffs for the next 10 years

It's just frustrating that this team/franchise has opportunities to make the plays and it always freaking fails.  Every single time we're just made out to be a pretender.

Dude there are teams that have not won a playoff game in 20 years. Relax it's a young team facing the probable superbowl winners.

(01-21-2023, 09:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-21-2023, 09:08 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: Superstar qb?  Henne only had 23 yards on that drive.  It was Pacheco's 57 rushing yards (39 on one play) and a 15 yard roughing the passer penalty that were responsible for that drive.

Henne converted the most important downs. 3rd down.

It’s not only that he converted key downs, it’s that the drive started on the 2.  Very low probability that a drive that long gets closed out with a TD, but it happened.

We lost

But we took mahomes with us...sort of lol

One thing I am glad about is the crowd noise didnt see to have any impact on our offense at all. Thought that whole thing was blown way out of proportion. Talk about looking for a reason to be offended. But they seemed to be irrelevant.

Kirk catches that we score

Foye doesn't go for that interception, and Tyson grabs that and we r in great field position to score

Cheifs Kicker doesn't headbutt Agnews leg and I'm certain he goes the full way for a TD

Jags just cant win if blaine gabbert or chad henne takes the field

(01-21-2023, 10:12 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Kirk catches that we score

Foye doesn't go for that interception, and Tyson grabs that and we r in great field position to score

Cheifs Kicker doesn't headbutt Agnews leg and I'm certain he goes the full way for a TD

all true

(01-21-2023, 10:13 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Jags just cant win if blaine gabbert or chad henne takes the field

Always remember ex Jags will destroy us

(01-21-2023, 10:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-21-2023, 10:12 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Kirk catches that we score

all true

When you lose by 7, there are always going to be a list of whatifs.

The Agnew fumble and also TLaw pick look awful in hindsight given the D was able to give us the ball back.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1