Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
5 things to beat Green Bay..

Quote:Actually what really matters is scoring more points than the Packers.

Which is only possible if we keep Green Bay's offense on the sideline.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2016, 10:30 PM by HERO OF THE DAY.)

Quote:How to beat Green Bay :

1-  score more points than them.
I agree 

I haven't read this entire thread but besides the obvious of scoring more points:

1. Stop their run game which will force them into 3rd and longs. If they stay on schedule with 2nd and 3rd and shorts it's going to be a long day.

2. Be efficient on offense in terms of extending drives and scoring points.

3. Big plays on ST or D.

No difference in facing any other opponent but GB has the potential to blow us out if they get rolling.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2016, 01:04 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

There is one big difference, actually: We can get insider trips from Davon House, who knows Jordy Nelson, Aaron Rodgers, and some other guys on Green Bay's offense.

Lane Taylor will be starting at LG on Sunday. Maybe he's gotten better over the past year, but he played pretty bad last season. Taylor allowed seven hurries in his two starts at guard. Also it sounds like he's not having the best preseason either:

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike'>Mike RennerVerified account ‏@PFF_Mike </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/772826113059983360' title="11:57 AM - 5 Sep 2016">1h1 hour ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:1px;">Mike Renner Retweeted Wes Hodkiewicz

<p class="">Lane Taylor allowed more pressures this preseason (9) than Josh Sitton did in all of 2013 (8)

I knew cutting Josh Sitton was a (literally) big mistake.

Quote:Lane Taylor will be starting at LG on Sunday. Maybe he's gotten better over the past year, but he played pretty bad last season. Taylor allowed seven hurries in his two starts at guard. Also it sounds like he's not having the best preseason either:

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike'>Mike Renner<span style="color:rgb(119,199,247);">Verified account@PFF_Mike </a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/772826113059983360'>1h1 hour ago</a>
</span>

Mike Renner Retweeted Wes Hodkiewicz

Lane Taylor allowed more pressures this preseason (9) than Josh Sitton did in all of 2013 (8)

Hopefully Malik does to him what Atkins did to Joeckel.

Quote:I knew cutting Josh Sitton was a (literally) big mistake.
Who cares about what GB does?

Quote:Who cares about what GB does?

GB fans apparently.

Quote:GB fans apparently.
So true.

The REAL Jags fans don't care if the Packers released Sitton.

Quote:Who cares about what GB does?

People whose favorite teams will play against the Packers next week, of course. I noticed a lot of posters wanted Josh Sitton partly because Green Bay is our first opponent this season.

Quote:So true.

The REAL Jags fans don't care if the Packers released Sitton.

When other posters were clamoring for Dave Caldwell to sign Josh Sitton, I immediately agreed with them.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2016, 06:02 PM by Ringo.)

Quote:You are crazy if you think just because Green Bay does not get up to 90 degrees in September we are going to win. Jordy Nelson is not rusty. If Aaron Rodgers and Nelson are on the field, the Packers can win anywhere.
Your reading comprehension is lacking. I was referring to heat being our ally. It does make a difference. You know..like when you get hot flashes.

Nelson will be rusty. Not saying he's no factor, but he's not at peak performance level.

The Packers can win anywhere if Nelson and Rodgers are on the field? Then why haven't they?

Where was anything mentioned about 90 degrees? Unless you're referring to the 4 angles of your cranium.

You have already written the team off. I'm thinking we can beat them in week 1.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Your reading comprehension is lacking. I was referring to heat being our ally. It does make a difference. You know..like when you get hot flashes.

Nelson will be rusty. Not saying he's no factor, but he's not at peak performance level.

The Packers can win anywhere if Nelson and Rodgers are on the field? Then why haven't they?

Where was anything mentioned about 90 degrees? Unless you're referring to the 4 angles of your cranium.

You have already written the team off. I'm thinking we can beat them in week 1.

I was saying we don't beat cold weather teams at home just because of the high temperatures in Jacksonville.

If Jordy Nelson is rusty, Mike McCarthy does not want people to know that, based on his recent comments.

First they have to play in all 31 NFL cities. Have they done that yet? Second, one fluky play can cause a loss.

Quote:People whose favorite teams will play against the Packers next week, of course. I noticed a lot of posters wanted Josh Sitton partly because Green Bay is our first opponent this season.
I'm confused at how you are a die hard GB, Jags, and Broncos fan - all at the same time... There will always be one team you prefer over the others, which one is it?

Quote:I'm confused at how you are a die hard GB, Jags, and Broncos fan - all at the same time. There will always be one team you prefer over the others, which one is it?

I do have one favorite team: the Jaguars. I became a Packers and Broncos fan before 1997, the year I became a Jaguars fan for reasons than can't be explained here without getting a warning.

Quote:Two early thoughts about the game that come to mind is this would be an ideal time to try to take advantage of the size and running skills of Chris Ivory and T.J. Yeldon. Nothing can prepare the Packers for the heat and humidity they likely will experience in Jacksonville a week from today. The longer the Jaguars Offense is on the field, the more gassed the Packers are going to be. Sustaining drives would be huge.

Also, it's imperative to keep Aaron Rodgers in the pocket. He's often deadly when he breaks contain. A concern is the inexperience of some of the Jaguars DEs. The coaches need to pound it into their heads that they must stay discipline against Rodgers.

Precisely. Let's take advantage of the home field - well... advantage. Packers D will be gasping by the end of the 3rd quarter. Then we turn up the tempo.

Quote:Precisely. Let's take advantage of the home field - well... advantage. Packers D will be gasping by the end of the 3rd quarter. Then we turn up the tempo.

We need to start out with a bang and keep up our tempo all day.

#1 Kimo Van Oelhoffen Rodgers leg.. I don't own him in any fantasy league.... go for it.. I won't rush the field in protest.... promise! (if ya aint cheating, ya aint trying)

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

1. Run the ball effectively

2. Stop the run

3. Force the Packers to kick field goals, red zone defense will be key in this matchup

4. Score TD's when we're in the redzone

5. Play loose and have fun