Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Final cuts have started

That's my bad. Twas reading an old article.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:That's my bad. Twas reading an old article.

No mercy around here  Smile

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Our pass rush should be fantastic with release of Holmes and Davis.

LOL. Could you be more predictable.
;

;

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2016, 05:07 PM by D6.)

Quote:Hoping Holmes makes it to PS.

Davis is a  bit of a shame to see go, but with the numbers game on D-Line and after the unremarkable try at a position switch, I guess they feel OK letting him walk.

Assuming Ryan Davis doesn't get claimed,  do you think he will want to remain with the Jaguars on their P.S. in the role he played this summer or go to another team P.S. that will give him the opportunity to primarily play DE,  with some expected passing situation snaps at DT?    Maybe a Wide 9 type of Defense like Philadelphia?

Quote:He ahs seemed like just a guy to me the last couple seasons, but I have feel like he has played really well this preseason.

He's about the only one getting pressure on the QB. Davis did nothing of note in camp or preseason.
;

;

Quote:  Assuming Ryan Davis doesn't get claimed,  do you think he will want to remain with the Jaguars on their P.S. in the role he played this summer or go to another team P.S. that will give him the opportunity to primarily play DE,  with some expected passing situation snaps at DT?    Maybe a Wide 9 type of Defense like Philadelphia?
I think he's been active for too many games to qualify for PS.

Quote:I think he's been active for too many games to qualify for PS.

I would think so. He's been in the line rotation since 2013.
;

;

I hope Tyrone Holmes makes it to PS, he may have potential and was was starting to show up. 

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2016, 05:10 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Quote: Assuming Ryan Davis doesn't get claimed, do you think he will want to remain with the Jaguars on their P.S. in the role he played this summer or go to another team P.S. that will give him the opportunity to primarily play DE, with some expected passing situation snaps at DT? Maybe a Wide 9 type of Defense like Philadelphia?
If I was Davis, I would seek greener pastures.

With Fowler, Jackson, Yannick, the IR guy whose names escapes me at the moment, and Chris Smith.

There's just no room for a subpackage player. He's just a DPR who will give you 3 sacks a year.

Maybe in a different scheme he will be more useful.

Quote:He's about the only one getting pressure on the QB. Davis did nothing of note in camp or preseason.

Davis was doomed when they moved him to LB....He is an athletic undersized DT, but a woefully unathletic LB

Quote:I think he's been active for too many games to qualify for PS.

Good point.   It used to be much easier to figure out P.S. eligibility until a couple of years ago.

I was expecting Davis and Holmes to be on the roster. This should get interesting... means Chris Smith is making the roster for sure.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:If I was Davis, I would seek greener pastures.

With Fowler, Jackson, Yannick, the IR guy whose names escapes me at the moment, and Chris Smith.

There's just no room for a subpackage player. He's just a DPR who will give you 3 sacks a year.

Maybe in a different scheme he will be more useful.

It's not quite a bold prediction but I believe Ryan Davis will be on an NFL 53 man roster at some point in the regular season.   Though I haven't seen him as much as the vast majority of the people participating in this thread,  in the games and plays I have seen him,   I've been impressed with his motor,  quickness,  and instincts.  

Armbrister gone. Thank god.
;

;

Quote: It's not quite a bold prediction but I believe Ryan Davis will be on an NFL 53 man roster at some point in the regular season. Though I haven't seen him as much as the vast majority of the people participating in this thread, in the games and plays I have seen him, I've been impressed with his motor, quickness, and instincts.

Yeah, he'll find a home.

Davis will be claimed for sure. Want to say Chicago for some reason. Seems like a fit and they play us early this year.

Tripp cut

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Tripp cut

A little surprised only because they're down to 5
;

;

Quote:Tripp cut

I thought he would make the team. Looks like Wilson will make it.

Source - #jaguars cut LB Jordan Tripp.

Does Dave know what hes doing?